For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Annoyance

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Annoyance Empty Annoyance

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:30 pm

She looked over the paperwork that was still sitting on top of the desk Rochelle worked at and sighed hard, shaking her head. The translations were not complete and she had to read over them today for her conference call with George and the board. Her trip to Brazil was scheduled for four days from now and things were still not done. Rochelle's careless distraction with the guard, Tolvin, was beginning to interfere with her work. Perhaps him accompanying them on the trip would not be a great idea. She would have to speak to John about his guard and make sure they understood there were boundaries.

Getting back to her own office, she heard the chime of her laptop and grimaced. Hitting the accept call button, she watched George appear on the screen. "George...how may I assist you today?"

"I am calling to check that all the proper paperwork is ready. Your trip is soon approaching. I have made arrangements for your friend John Quinn, he will be staying at another hotel in the same city. Let him know the company has paid all expenses and looks forward to seeing how he interacts with our clients. It is all up to you two to ensure we land this account."

"I am aware George." She found it amusing that he arranged for John to stay at an entirely different hotel. She grinned and played along. "I will advise him. I am sure he will come through, he always does. Do not worry, by this time next week we will be leading the new renovations and in charge of all events through the Rio channels." She smirked at him. "Don't worry so much, George. You'll get wrinkles."

George chuckled and ran a hand over his stubled chin. "I am confident in your work, his I am hesitant. But he must be something if you speak of him so highly. I don't think I've ever seen you smile that way before."

She quickly lost her smile and cleared her throat. "Very well. I will send you the appropriate documents once Rochelle has finished translations. She was...tied up." That better be literal, she thought. For her to not finish, she better have been hog tied and unable to do so.

"I see. Shall I arrange for another place for you to stay until your departure?"

She quirked a brow. "No, we are fine. John has been accommodating and he's an old friend. Rajat enjoys his company."

"Just Rajat?" He shook his head. "Sorry, I'm out of line and I apologize. Forgive me for being so frank but you know I care for you, and for Rajat. We've been friends so long, Tijgerian. I knew you were an independent and strong woman, hell I accepted that. But seeing you staying with this man, it...well, it pisses me off." He sat back, folding his arms across his chest and Tij sighed.

Annoyance Josh-brolin

"George, I don't know how many ways I can say that you are just...not my type. You're great but business is all we will have...ever. Please understand. Now this conversation is over. My personal life is not your concern."

He grumbled and muttered something before nodding and ending the call. She sighed and sat back in her chair, shaking her head with a smile. Well, if he wasn't persistent. Must run in the water or something.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm