For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Honeymoon... is over.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

The Honeymoon... is over.  Empty The Honeymoon... is over.

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 pm

"I really don't like that you're going out of town again, Alcide. You're never home anymore." Her lips curled into a pout and she batted her eyelashes up at him as they stood in the kitchen. He was leaving to go to Monroe again to do more work, leaving her home for the week by herself. She liked that he had work, and liked that it made him feel good, but she felt like they never saw each other anymore and she hated it.

So she had resorted to the eyelash batting and pouts, hoping it would convince him he should say no to the job, or send others to do it. She knew he was worried about the vamp issue and sending his crew out to take care of jobs by themselves, but dangit! She missed him when he was gone.

"When will you be back again?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

The Honeymoon... is over.  Empty Re: The Honeymoon... is over.

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:48 pm

"Before you know it." {He kissed her nose and wrapped his arms around her, lifting her to the counter to stand between her legs. He rested his hands on the counter top and leaned close to her, grinning.}

"It'll make you miss me more. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, remember?" {He chuckled at her continuous pout} "Sook, you know I can't let my guys go out alone. Most of em are just human and don't know how to fend for themselves."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

She sighed and wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him closer to her while letting her arms hold her up on the counter. "I know. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I just get so bored. I mean, I'm working and such but it's not the same. And I don't care for sleeping by myself."

She let her pout disappear and stared up at him. "I guess it's not too bad though. I mean, you're gonna be busy and I'll be busy with work, too. Maybe it will go by really fast and you'll be back home." And then her mind drifted to what she'd buy to make him for dinner when he got back, if she should buy some new lingerie, or go spend a few more hours out in the sun. Her tan wasn't quite what she wanted it to be, but it could get better really soon.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:58 pm

{He chuckled and shrugged.} "Yeah but I have to make money, and I have a business to run. We're finally getting noticed around these parts and I may even have the down payment for a building in Shreveport for a new location." {He kissed her lips softly and pulled back.}

"I'll be back before you know it. Besides, it will give you a chance to work on that tan more. I know that's what you're thinking...you have that look." {He grinned}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 pm

She wrinkled up her nose and grinned at him. "You think you know me so well." With a chuckle, she pushed him away gently and hopped down off of the counter, planning to grab a glass of tea.

As her next thought hit her, she opened the fridge and spoke with a small glance over her shoulder. "I've been thinking, too, that I want to go see Bill. I haven't talked to him in a while and haven't seen him in a while. Wanna make sure he's okay." She turned back to the fridge before he could speak and grabbed the jug. She knew that Alcide didn't like it that she was friends with Bill, but really... they were friends now and he wasn't going to hurt her. He'd never hurt her.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 pm

{He chuckled and turned to lean against the counter, watching her move to the fridge. His smile faded when she mentioned going see Bill. He shook his head no.}

"Sookie, I really don't think that's a good idea. I mean all these vamps acting weird, I would rather be there in case he tried to hurt you. Don't, just...don't."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:15 pm

She turned around with the pitcher in hand, heading to the counter to grab a glass and pour them both some tea.

"It's not up for discussion, Alcide. He's Bill. He won't hurt me any more than he'd hurt a fly. He's a nice guy, a good guy, and I'm going to go see him. I won't stay there long, if that will make you feel better."

Bill loved her. He wouldn't hurt her, and he sure would have let her know if something was wrong. She couldn't explain it, but something wasn't right with him. She could feel it.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:21 pm

{He actually growled and grabbed her arm, more forcefully than he intended to, spinning her to look at him.} "Sookie, it is up for discussion and I have said I rather you didn't. Why can't you just respect my wishes? Am I not important enough? Do you even care how it makes me feel?" {Feeling like he was being too rough, he released her arm and ran a hand through his hair.}

"Forget it, I know you'll do what you want anyway."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:28 pm

She glared at him, the pitcher of tea hitting the counter and splashing out onto the floor.

"Alcide Herveaux, if you ever put your hand on me in that way again you can just get your furry butt out of my house. I won't have you treatin' me like that." She glared at him and rubbed her arm gently with her hand. "And you're right. I'll do as I want. Honestly, Alcide. It's like you think that I'm going to, I dunno, get drained while I'm over there. HE'S BILL!" She rolled her eyes and turned to grab some paper towels, dropping to the floor to wipe up the tea. "And respect your wishes? Not important enough? I do respect you, Alcide. Moreso than you're respecting me right now. At least I'm not hurting you."

She met his gaze as she finished wiping up the tea and let out a sigh. "You're the most important person to me right now. You know that. And you know I care about how you feel. So don't you dare make me feel like the bad guy for wanting to take care of my friend." She shook her head. "I knew him before I knew you, Alcide. He's my friend. He's important to me, too."

She stood and stared at him. "I'm going to go see him and that's that."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:35 pm

{He felt horrible for grabbing her arm in his anger, knowing his strength was more than he knew. He looked away from her and grit his teeth, shutting his eyes to calm himself but only grew angrier. He growled low in his throat and yelled out at her} "Yeah, and I'm sorry! I...didn't mean it and you know it. Damn it woman you infuriate me sometimes. So stubborn!"

{She continued on, cleaning the mess and insisting Bill was gentle, Bill was her friend. All shit he heard before and he remembered a time when she lay in ICU unsure if she would see tomorrow because BILL damn near drained her of blood. And yet...she took him back. He growled and his eyes glowed as he looked at her after she said that was that. Pointing a finger at her as he spoke through clenched teeth.}

"You do what you want, you always do. You act so wreckless. Damn it Sookie Stackhouse I will never understand you." {He ran both hands through his hair and then dropped them to his sides, frustrated. Shaking his head, he walked backwards.}

"I think I better go." {He grabbed up his bag and that's what he did. Letting the door slam on his way out.}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:00 pm