For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Do something

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Do something Empty Do something

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:45 pm

She stopped Vincent in the hall and he had a hard time looking her in the eyes, which she found amusing. "Where is he?" She asked in a demanding voice.

"His office, Miss." He said lowly and cleared his throat. She moved past him and went straight for John's office. They had to talk about his security guard and her assistant. This was not working and something needed to be done. She opened the door and saw him speaking with someone from his staff. She pointed to the man and ordered him, "You. Out. Now." She pointed to the door and waited a few seconds before growling. "Did I stutter?" She looked at John and then back at the man who took her advice and left the room. Looking back at John, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We....need to discuss some things."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Do something Empty Re: Do something

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:50 pm

When she ordered is accountant out of the room, he was a bit annoyed but tried to remain calm. He looked up at her from his desk and motioned to the chair across from him.

"Yes...I agree that we do. Firstly, I have a business to run and it is not appropriate for you to order my people to leave the room on a whim. Secondly, when we are private I have never restricted you in any way, but when in my office and around my staff, I would ask that you have at least the illusion of respect for the fact that this is my workplace and curb your temper. Now that I have spoken what I needed to, what would you like to discuss."

He drummed his fingers on the desk, carefully counting in his mind to keep himself calm.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:54 pm

She looked at the chair he offered then back at him. Did he think she was a client? She listened to his little speech about respect and grinned, amused at his need to show he was in charge since it was his house. "If you're done, I'd like to point out that what I need to speak to you about is interfering with my work and it is all because of someone on your staff, so therefore, yes I will barge in and order whomever out that I wish to."

She grinned and moved to sit at the corner of his desk, crossing her legs. "Your security guy, Tolvin I think it is....he is distracting Rochelle from her work." She held out paperwork and her frustration rose. "Do you know what this is, John? This is incomplete work. In...complete."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 pm

He stood from his desk, leaning on his hands as he looked in her eyes.

Do something 32086210

He glanced to the papers in her hand an nodded.

"I am already going to be meeting with Tolvin later today. You figured it out, didn't you? Or were you too angry about the work to see it? They have a thing for each other. That, specifically, I have no issue with. What I do take issue with is that his reports have been lacking in detail as of late and I am planning to address that. Perhaps you should look to your assistant, "Rishi" or "Shelly" or whatever her name is, for the answers you are looking for, Tijgerian."

He pulled out a file and threw it on the desk.

"Perhaps you can then explain to me why someone under my roof is receiving video chats every Sunday that are so encrypted that my security team still hasn't cracked it. I am trying to keep everyone safe here and that requires that I am made aware of little surprised like that."

He took a breath, glancing at the file then back at her.

"I trust you, Sevti. That goes without saying, but you and I both know that these days, secrets are a dangerous thing. I will deal with the distraction from my end of things and I ask that you do the same. I have no problem with them playing around and such...as long as it does not continue to affect Tolvin's ability to properly do his job. I imagine you are looking at things the same way...."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:23 pm

She sighed hard and rolled her eyes. "Believe me, I plan to talk to her as well. But before coming here, she was never this way. Ever. I have never seen her so....distracted by a man before." She folded her arms across her chest.

Hearing him bring up a video chat, she cocked a brow and remembered. "Encrypted is it? I guess Rochelle has been having video chats with the enemy." She chuckled a bit, seeing his face remain serious and sighed. "Oh John, she talks to her father every Sunday. Encrypted probably because Mr. Petrakis is a member of the secret service in Greece to the Greek president. He has since retired but does some security on the side. I guess old habits die hard. I've never met him, but I've spoken with him. Very protective over Rochelle and I do so hope your Tolvin is prepared." She grinned.

She shrugged and looked down at the file for a moment. "I think it's time we had a chat with them. I will not be made to look like a fool in front of George and the board again." She omitted the fact that George was still persistent in making her realize his feelings for her.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 pm

He listened as she explained things.....secret service....Greece? It was a lot to take in. He was amused when she mentioned Tolvin needing to be careful.

"Well at least that solved one mystery."

He walked around the desk to stand in front of her, looking in her eyes.

"Now, I think we understand each other quite well..."

He stepped closer, taking her in his arms, crushing her lips with his own, even nipping her lip as he pulled back, grinning. He watched her for reaction as he looked in her eyes once again. He slowly released her and took a step back, watching how she responded.

"Never forget, Sevti. You are not the only Alpha around here."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:47 pm

She grinned an amused grin and nodded. "Yes, imagine that. Perhaps they will have two things in common. Security and protecting Rochelle Petrakis. Good luck to Tolvin on that, the man is hard core." She chuckled and lost her grin when he stepped before her. He took her in his arms and crushed his lips against hers, nipping her lip as he did so. She responded by kissing him back but not allowing him to know how much she liked it. She looked into his eyes and grinned. "I suppose there is room for two, just remember I'm number one." She challenged him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 pm

"I suppose there is room for two, just remember I'm number one."

He stepped close again and ran his hands down her sides as he looked in her eyes. He moved in, kissing her again, this time more forcefully, pressing her against the desk and taking his time. His hands slid behind her and cradled her body as he kissed her. When he finally pulled back enough to speak, he grinned.

"Let's just leave that alone, shall we? We both enjoy control, but you have to admit, giving it up once in a while can be interesting as well..."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 pm

She looked up at him and shrugged, not admitting anything. "Maybe...." She said softly before pressing her finger to his chest. "You need to talk to Tolvin and I need to talk to Rochelle. I also don't think it's a great idea that he come along on this trip, she'll only be more distracted and this is a big job and opportunity for us that I can't have love or whatever the hell they think they have, screwing it up."

She pushed him back so she could sit up and narrowed her eyes. "So get to it, Alpha."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:04 pm

He grinned as she poked him in the chest.

"I suggest something different. We are going to be talking to them and making the situation clear. I know Tolvin has wanted to visit Brazil for a while now so was planning to bring him, but not really have much use for him once we arrive. Here is my thought. Understand this is only if we see improvement after we speak to them. Once we have taken care of business, the rest of the stay will be more in the nature of a vacation. Perhaps play a little game with them. I can send him off before we leave to go ahead of us and secure the hotel and such, but we don't tell her where he has gone. You bring her along, and once business is concluded...send the lovebirds off to do their own thing while we spend some time with Rajat exploring the local sights. The best part is that we do not tell her that he will be there and we do not tell him that she will be coming. We get to play a prank and at the same time we get them to a place where they can get it out of their system...so to speak."

He leaned in, kissing her again before she can respond, and then stepped back, walking around the desk to pick up Tolvin's recent reports. He looked at her with a smirk and chuckled.

"I guess we both have something we need to take care of."

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

She listened to his suggestion and both her brows rose. "Why, John Quinn...it almost sounds as if you want to influence this...love? Have you become soft?" She chuckled as she taunted him and tsked. He kissed her and she nipped his lip that time before he backed away from her and went to the other end of the desk. She grinned, "I suppose we could, seeing her surprised might be amusing. Rajat has been going on and on about Brazil, wanting to see the caves and waterfalls." she shrugged. "But you must remember my work comes first." she made sure to stress that to him before she rose from his desk and grabbed her paperwork back.

"I guess we do." She grinned and walked backwards towards the door.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

"Me, soft? No....more I see this as useful to both of us. They want to spend time together, then we make it clear that their duties being done properly will influence their free time. The better they work, the more flexibility they get. As for Brazil, of course the projects come first. I can hardly wait to see their faces when they realize what we are planning. Should be priceless when they see each other at the airport."

He chuckled as she grabbed the paperwork.

"Looks like we both need to take care of things, Sevti. See you later tonight. My door is open if you wish to sleep beside me."

He watched as she paused and turn back to him, a small smirk across her lips as she spoke softly.
    "I'll consider the offer, Jonathan, but no promises. You know how I like to stretch out when I sleep..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:34 pm