For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Making Plans

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Making Plans Empty Making Plans

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 am

Hoyt knew that the quiet was not going to last as long as he had hoped. He only wanted Amy and his mama to get along, even if it was only for a little while, a few days even. But he had already witnessed fights between them over what the boys should eat on a daily basis. He had tried talking to his mama but there was no use once she had set her mind to things. She was going to do it. Taking a brief moment out from all the arguing he stepped outside quietly to get some air. With both Elijah and Lucas now sleeping in his old room, he hoped that they would sleep for a few more hours.

His mama was no doubt buying something else from the shopping channel that she could not afford, he had already seen the piles of bills in the drawer. She was forgetting to pay the bills...again. He would need to sort that before he left again to return to Alaska. He could hear the door creaking open and turned to see Amy standing behind him.

"Needed a break from my mama" he chuckled to himself.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Making Plans Empty Re: Making Plans

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:21 am

Amy smiled.

"You and me both" she said as she stifled a yawn and touched Hoyt's shoulder. "I don't think your mother likes me very much... her thoughts are a jumble of horrible things she assumes I've done to you" she added, not remorseful in the least she'd listened in on Maxine Fortenberry's thoughts.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 am

Hoyt chuckled, he knew what his mama was like "Forget about her, she is like that with every girl I have ever brought home. She would rather that I become a priest and and pray to God everyday" he laughed knowing that he was in fact being serious.

He turned and leaned against the post folding his arms across his broad chest.

"Just out of curiosity, what is she thinking?" he asked Amy, curious to know what his mama was thinking about Amy.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 am

Amy sighed. "She thinks I'm the devil.... that I'm not taking care of you... that she's SURE that I slept around and that I tricked you into staying with me with the twins... that I remind her of some 'vamper' she knew or you knew"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 am

That was certainly his mama through and through.

"Don't pay no attention to her, she just likes to have me all to herself and no one else. But I can see that she is spoiling the boys rotten like I knew she would" he chuckled.

Running his hand through his short hair he let out a sigh "It won't be forever you know, just a couple weeks" he assured Amy.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:39 am

Amy smiled. "I don't mind it... but you're always so stressed around her... it's you I worry about Hoyt" she said as she touched his cheek.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:43 am

Hoyt placed his hand on top of her hand that rested on his cheek "You don't need to worry about me sweetheart, I grew up with this" he grinned "Is she really that bad?" he asked her seriously.

Hoyt could handle his mama, but he was not so sure about Amy and especially for a couple weeks.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 am

Amy shrugged "I'm not used to an overbearing mother. You have to remember my mum left my dad with all of us kids and he had enough troubles just putting food on the table. I basically raised myself"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 am

Hoyt remembered the night that he and Amy had sat up all night just talking about their past's, something that she didn't like talking about. If that is what Amy thought about his mama, there had to be a way to keep everyone happy.

"What if we move out? Stay somewhere else close by?" he suggested.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 am

Amy smiled. "Hoyt...as long as you're happy I'm happy. Your mom may not like me but I'll put up with it because she is your mom and she is important to you" she said as she gave him a hug.

"Besides.. this way I can keep an eye out on the kids"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am

"But your not happy are you? I mean it can't be nice having to hear all her nasty thoughts about you. And what if Elijah and Lucas can here them? I don't want them hearing what my mama thinks about their mom" he grumbled.

Then an idea struck a cord.

"Remember Melotte's? Sam owns a few places that we could rent. If he has any left I mean, its close by and we would be alone and not worry about my mama having to hear us at night" he winked "Plus the rent is pretty good and it would only be for a couple weeks until we went home" he suggested.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 am

Amy thought about it for a moment. "Sam....oh yes... he was always very nice to me when I would come over to the bar"

She looked up at Hoyt. "If he won't mind renting to us for a few weeks then sure. I'm sure the boys would love to have their own little bedroom to sleep in and not have to worry about their powers manifesting"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am

"The boys would their own room...and we would have our own room again. No one to disturb us" he whispered sweetly allowing his knuckles to glide down her soft cheek.

Right now, time alone away from his mama sounded like pure heaven.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 am

She smiled and leaned into his touch. "mmm.. that would be nice" she said as she closed her eyes. "When can you talk to Sam?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

"The bar is open now, I can head over their now and speak to him if you wouldn't mind staying here with Elijah and Lucas? Don't want my mama seeing anything that she shouldn't" he looked on seriously.

The last thing that they needed was for his mama to find out and news to spread like wildfire around the town.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 am

She nodded. "I'll keep an eye out on the twins, maybe I'll put them down for a nap just to be safe" she said before she got on her tip toes and kissed his cheek.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 am

"I'll be back soon" Hoyt promised and pulled out his truck keys, kissing Amy before he left. He headed down to his truck and hopped in starting the ignition.

He put it into gear, and gave Amy a gentle wave as he pulled out of the driveway and headed straight down to Merlotte's.

Maybe the space is what they needed, and hopefully Sam still had some places to rent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:00 pm