For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Getting away

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Getting away Empty Getting away

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 11, 2014 2:16 pm

She felt dizzy. As if she'd been walking in ever thickening syrup every step was exponentially harder than the last. Just trying to climb the small steps up to the private airplane Max had nearly done her in.

It also made listening very difficult. Like a radio tuning in an out one moment everything was nice and clear, the next everything was muffled and confusing and the next everything was blasting like a bomb in her ears making her cringe.

She sighed in relief when she got to sit down on one of the lavish seats. It was plush and soft and reclined back like a fancy bed. There were attendants putting away the luggage and offering blood drinks which she refused as she couldn't get nourishment from any blood, synthetic or otherwise.

As Max made his way through she closed her eyes. Her stomach turned and twisted, begging for vampire blood but at the same time she lacked the energy to go get any. The hunger pains were things she was now used to thanks to William and she'd learned the best way to cope was just to sleep like a lazy person.

Max sat down somewhere, she didn't pay attention and the doors were finally closed. The plane still had to wait for permission to take off but soon they'd be out of the UK and headed to god knows where.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Getting away Empty Re: Getting away

Post by Max Braun Sun May 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Max had spoken briefly with the main flight attendant who would be his liaison with the captain on the Anubis airline. Watching Kiara attempt to climb the stairs of the plane he remained at the bottom on the tarmac.

"Is everything in order?" he quizzed the young male attendant.

"Of course sir, we have the extra baggage in the back as you requested. We shall be taking off when you give the order" he replied bowing.

Max simply nodded and climbed the stairs followed by the attendant and entered the plane. He quickly spotted Kiara on the verge of passing out in one of the chairs. He knew that she was hungry, and soon she would become unstable. But right now he needed them to get into the air where they would both be safe. He glanced over his shoulder to see the door being locked, he nodded to the attendant to give the signal to take off.

He quickly found a seat across the aisle from Kiara knowing that she would want her space, he had betrayed her. But he needed her reaction to be sincere, he could not let anything ruin his plans. He could not risk Kiara telling William on command.

But now they were both safe.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Kiara managed to reach the small button that would recline the whole seat as back as it would go. She swallowed a groan as another wave of hunger pains hit her. She curled up as best she could, arms wrapped around her stomach.

If she didn't think, if she pretended she was non existent then maybe the pain would go away and maybe she'd fade away as usual.

The plane lurched and began to taxi, the pilot giving signals for everyone to sit and strap in for take off.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Max buckled himself in as the plane jolted forward and began its rise into the air. The roar of the engines bellowed through the craft. He glanced to the side to see Kiara reclining in her chair.

"It will be better once we are in the air....You will be able to relax" he spoke in hushed tones leaning across the aisle.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 pm

She ignored Max. She'd be better once she was away from him, or dead under the sun.

The plane finally took off and quickly got up to altitude. Eventually the flight attendants were up and about, offering fancy blood drinks and even some of them flirting with Max, offering their own veins.

Kiara managed to summon enough energy to draw the privacy curtains around her seat. She didn't want to hear the flirting attendants. She just wanted to curl up and not think of how gullible she'd been to ever trust Max.

She brought one of the pillows offered and hugged it to her chest. She could watch the night sky out of the small window and the clouds and reflected lights were oddly soothing.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue May 13, 2014 10:53 am

She had drawn the curtains around her.

With the flight attendants trying to lure him to the back of the plane where a large en-suite bathroom that led to a adjoining bedroom. But he had no interest in them, his whole body ached for Kiara. But he knew that she would never forgive him after this.

He laid his head against the chair and let his eyes close. He had spoken to the captain and were landing in Dublin to re-fuel before heading back to the states.

At least this way, he could keep her safe.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed May 14, 2014 5:27 am

For a few glorious minutes she felt numb. Watching the sky fly by the window had lulled her mind, but like with all good things it did not last and as with everything her rebellious body did, a tiny lurch of the plane made a wave of hunger hit her hard.

She hissed, curled up in excruciating pain as her stomach felt like it was being dipped in liquid silver. She tried hard to ride out the pain but eventually it became too much. She felt the usual wave of sickness hit her and she leaped out of her seat and rushed to the back lavatory just in time to expel a good amount of blood out of her mouth.

It was the one reaction she didn't understand. Her body, starving for nourishment punished her by making her throw up blood, which made her hungrier which only made the pain worse which only made her body want to punish her more for not feeding.

Her fangs out, blood pouring out of her mouth and her eyes tightly closed she clung to the sides of the sink, mentally chanting her usual mantra to ride it out so she could eventually return to another state of numbness.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Wed May 14, 2014 11:49 am

Max watched Kiara lurch from her chair and dart down the aisle towards the bathroom. Signalling the flight attendants to remain exactly where they stood out of range. Max quickly dashed to the back of the plane in hot pursuit. Standing outside the door he could hear her vomit violently and could smell the blood. Clearing his throat to make it known to her that he was standing outside, gently knocking on the door all remained quiet for a few moments before he heard more violent vomiting.

"Kiara....Kiara let me in" he called though.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed May 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Kiara slid down to her knees, having managed to wipe the blood off her mouth and rinse out the sink. She was leaning against the wall nearest to her clutching her stomach which churned and threatened her again with another wave of sickness.

She could vaguely hear Max on the other side of the door and she wasn't sure if being sick or seeing him was worse, but eventually she caved and unlocked the door enough for him to see it was open, not having much energy for anything else.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Thu May 15, 2014 11:00 am

Craning his head around the door Max found he slouched on the floor, he slipped inside the bathroom and closed the door behind him and crouched on his knees.

"You will not survive this flight if you do not feed....Kiara I know that I cannot ask for it and do not deserve it. But I need you to trust me" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu May 15, 2014 11:25 am

She lifted her head, her eyes clearly filled with exhaustion. She blinked twice, as if needing time to register his words.

"The last time you asked me to trust you....you silvered me" she said in a weak tone. Blood slowly began to ooze out of her ears and out of one nostril but she seemed not to notice or not care.

"I cannot pay your price for your blood...I have nothing left to give"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 am

Max did not know what to say or how to respond to what she had just said. But there was no time for that right now.

"I need to carry you through to the next room. Do you permit it?" he whispered in a hushed tone.

Max needed to get her though to the bedroom area of the plane, he had prepared blood for her. He needed her too feed, and soon.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu May 15, 2014 11:36 am

She shrugged. "Do whatever you want... " she said, unable to summon any energy to even verbally fight him.

She let her head drop and her eyes close, she just wanted to fade for a few days and not feel anything although sleeping would not restore her energy.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 am

Hearing her words stung him but he did not say anything. He slid his arm underneath her knees and his other arm slipped behind her back. Pushing himself to his feet with Kiara in his arm he used his foot to kick open the door and stepped out.

He indicated with his head to the attendants to leave them be and carried Kiara through to the large bedroom. The room was large and light-tight, he gently laid her down on the plush blankets, laying her head on the pillow.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 am

In the interval from the bathroom to the bedroom part of her hair had become caked with the blood coming out of her ears. The fact she didn't even physically fight him should have been a clue of how weakened she was.

She didn't even register the bed beneath her, his action of lifting her up had caused her to go unconscious for a few minutes.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Thu May 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Leaving her alone for a few moment Max went to retrieve a warmed bottle of blood, he had drained the vampires himself so that she had enough blood to last her until they landed. He needed to be at full strength. Uncapping the bottle he retuned to the bed, tilting her head back he began pouring the warmed blood down her throat.

"Drink up Kiara....You need to feed"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri May 16, 2014 4:46 am

For a few minutes nothing really happened. Most of the blood trickled down her throat, some of it spilled out the sides of her mouth. The warmed blood seemed to stir her out of her unconscious state, causing her to open her eyes and groan ever so slightly.

It wasn't until she fully registered that what she was being fed was something she could actually drink that she seemed to swallow a bit more eagerly. In the end she would always cave to her hunger, no matter how much she hated being dependent on vampire blood.

The only thing she could fully make out of the blood was that it didn't belong to Max or William, it tasted different and didn't hold the powerful punch either one of the brother's blood did, but perhaps that was what normal vampire blood should have tasted like, her palette of taste was quite limited in her undead existence.

The whole bottle down gave her enough strength to sit up at least, but she was still hungry and mildly lethargic, looking at Max with a mixture of disappointment, hatred and expectation of more blood.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat May 17, 2014 7:08 am

Max's hand wrapped around the back of her neck whilst the other continued to feed her the blood from the bottle. He had several bottles waiting in stock for her knowing that she would be starving. Once he had finished with the bottle of blood he tossed it into the trash can and reached for another bottle.

"Drink up....You are going to need your strength Kiara" he whispered sweetly.

He held the fresh bottle of blood to his lips as she allowed him to continue feeding her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat May 17, 2014 11:08 am

She continued to drink until she managed to open her eyes and have enough strength to pull away from him. She scooted back and wiped her lips.

"Stop.... I told you I can't pay the price for your blood." She said as she sat up and turned away from him. The blood was good and she was still hungry but she knew very well that every time she fed something horrible and painful would always happened.

Last edited by Kiara Griffen on Sun May 18, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 18, 2014 3:11 am

Blood spilled from the half empty bottle onto the bed as he instantly capped it and placed it back on the table next to the bed.

"Kiara. I am not asking for anything....I am doing this because I want to help you" he pleaded with her.

Max knew that she would never be able to forgive him for his betrayal, he would spend the rest of his immortal life if she would allow it to make it up to her.

"......Once we land, there is enough blood on the plane to keep you going for a week, maybe two. You are free to leave alone when we land. I will not follow you" he admitted defeated.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 18, 2014 8:13 am

She shook her head. "Every kindness has cost me dearly. I don't want that blood, burn it or something" she said as she touched her stomach.

Yes if she could she'd drink a lot more blood, but then, she knew almost for sure that something horrible would happen that would sap all the strength she had obtained and make her feel even worse. She rather remain feeling miserable then go through the highs and lows of feeling good and bad.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue May 20, 2014 5:04 am

Max could feel the furry brew inside him, running his hand through his hair as he attempted to calm himself down.

"You stupid girl! Why must you be so stubborn! Yes I betrayed you but I helped set you free. Why will you not let me help you now! I cannot express my sincere apologies enough but yet you resist my every attempt to help you!" he snapped at her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue May 20, 2014 5:52 am

She didn't even flinch at his anger. She was so used to William's mood swings and temper that having Max angry was no different.

Instead she stood. She was more steady on her feet than before. "fine...I forgive you" she said blandly as she made her way back to her seat, away from the bed. In all honestly she was a tad indifferent to Max now. Whether he hurt her or not from here on out was irrelevant. It didn't change the fact that deep down she would never trust anyone again, let alone trust a vampire.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Max could hear her words but he knew them to be false. He knew that she would never trust him and he did not blame her. He betrayed her. Max watched her walk away from him as he sat himself down on the edge of the large bed and sighed heavily. He would not go after her, what else could he say to her to make Kiara understand that he had to act fast. There was only going to be one chance to kill William.

Swinging his legs onto the bed he laid down and laid his head on the pillow and closed his eyes trying to clear his mind.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue May 20, 2014 2:26 pm

The flight attendants tried to get close to Max, the females eager to keep him company. There was even two male flight attendants who seemed eager to 'service' Kiara.

At first she ignored them but they persisted until she kicked one so hard he crashed through another seat.

"Leave me alone" she hissed, whatever energy she'd gained from the blood now gone and making her sway dangerously. She braced herself against the wall, trying to blink away the dizziness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 am