For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Missing Her

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Missing Her Empty Missing Her

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Eric felt lost. He hadn't seen Sookie in weeks. What with things with the authority, the bar, Pam becoming a maker and his run from the vampire law he'd been unable to see his lover, but none of that mattered right now. He was determined to see her, consequences be damned. He had run at vamp speed, not daring to use a car less he be followed. His age allowed him to outrun nearly any vampire that would cross his path. He was at Sookie's back door when he remembered that because he'd had to flee, he didn't have his keys to her house. He moved his hand and actually broke the handle of the screen door, then picked the look to the following door before walking into her home. He took a deep breath and growled. The smell of death, cleaning agents, a wolf, a woman and vampires filled the air. What the hell had happened while he'd been gone?
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Missing Her Empty Re: Missing Her

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm

<I was lying on my bed, curled up with a teddy bear I had gotten from Gran ages ago when I heard someone downstairs.> Oh God, what now?! <I said quietly to myself; I was wearing a Fangtasia shirt I had gotten from Eric a while ago, my hair was hanging down my back in soft curls and I didn't have on a lick of makeup. Rubbing at my eyes, I walked to my closet and grabbed the shotgun; I cocked it quickly as I walked out of my bedroom and out into the hallway.>

Who's there? <I called out as I moved the shotgun to eye level and started towards the stairs>
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Eric turned his head. His eyes looked more sunken in, as if he hadn't fed in a while. There were small specks of red along his eyes, signs of tears. Wearing a plain black sweatshirt and loose black pants he looked out of place against his usual calm, cool demeanor

"Sookie..." he said calmly, knowing that in the relative quiet of her house she'd be able to hear him. He didn't move, having heard from the beginning how she'd grabbed her shot gun and cocked it. He was curious as to why she'd be armed and so paranoid
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Eric? <I called as I lowered the gun and all but ran down the steps to him; I threw the shotgun onto the floor, saying a silent prayer when it didn't go off, and jumped into his arms.>

Where have you been? You look terrible, Eric. <My hands were moving over his face, taking in his sunken in eyes, the red rims from unshed tears.> Are you okay?
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 pm

He looked at her "Whats with the shotgun? expecting someone?" he asked, just standing there, unsure how he should break the news of his current situation. He placed a hand gently on her cheek.

"It has been a long... long couple of nights"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Ain't that the truth... <I said softly as I nuzzled his hand.> Come on. <I grabbed him and pulled him up the stairs with me, to the room we had shared for so long before things had gone crazy. Shutting the door softly behind me, I pushed him towards the bed and sat down, pulling him down beside me.>

Tell me what's been going on with you and I'll tell you what's going on with me? <I said as I linked my fingers with his, rubbing the top of his hand with my thumb. Something was off, something was bothering him badly and I wanted to know what it was.>
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 pm

He sighed but followed her, holding her hand in his. He didn't know how to begin, but in the end, he'd have to star somewhere. He looked up at the ceiling, recalling how they had made this room their own, how they had collaborated, how happy she'd been after it's completion. The days and nights he'd spent here with her. Such times seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Bill and I...killed Nan..." he said, not looking at her, his eyes still fixated on the roof. "The vampire authority is after us... we've... been sentenced to the true death... " he said, his voice empty, devoid of it's usual cunning tone.

"If we don't present Russel Edgington to the Authority... Bill and I.. will die"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 pm

You killed Nan? You and Bill..... killed.... Nan? <I couldn't believe it; surely not. That would be insane!> And what do you mean that you have to present Russel to the Authority? What is the Authority? And how are you going to give them someone that's dead...

<I raised a brow as he sat there silent, my heart starting to pound.> He... he is dead, isn't he, Eric?
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Eric shook his head "....no...he's not. That night.. after he'd drank your blood. Bill and I were poised to give him the true death, but I... well...I had a visit from Godric. Death brings peace.. and Russel deserves no peace. We encased him in concrete and for a year all was good. Now, someone has released him." he turned his head, looking at her.

"Nan.. came over to give us the true death after the whole necromancer thing, Bill and I killed her instead. The authority.. is vampire government. They dictate all our laws. They're above any king and any sheriff. Their word is law and no one defies the authority and lives..."

He closed his eyes for a moment. "Bill and I were set to die, before Bill offered them Russel in exchange for our lives"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:09 pm

<I sat there, stunned for a moment.> Well.... I guess it's good that you aren't going to die. Unless you find him. Do you know where he is? <Maybe I should have kept the shotgun up here and not left it downstairs. What if that crazy vampire decided to come for a midnight snack?>

I.... Wow... What I've dealt with doesn't seem nearly as bad now. <I laughed shakily and moved up on the bed, laying down on my back and pulling him towards me so he was lying with his head on my chest. My hands immediately went to his hair, running my fingers through it like in the old days.>

I killed Debbie Pelt.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 pm

He blinked. He looked at her, his head on her chest "You killed someone? Sookie dearest, whats gotten into you?" he asked, grabbing her hand and kissing the inside of her palm.

"Do not worry about Russel. For now he is very weak and will need some time to recover. Bill and I don't intend for him to fully heal before we bring him in... or die trying as Bill so foolishly put it"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:17 pm

<I shook my head and sighed as I relaxed a bit more> Yeah. She... She was going to shoot me, but shot Tara instead. I... <I sighed again and moved my free hand up to rub my eyes again> I knocked her down, took the gun from her and shot her.

<I leaned up a bit so I could look at him> You know how they say self defense is an immediate reaction? <Shook my head> I thought about it... I had a chance to not do it, but I did anyways. And I don't feel bad about it. <Sighed> Have you talked to Pam recently? She.... she wanted me to tell you that she's sorry.

And as for Russel? <I tightened my grip on his hair a little> Please.... be careful. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:22 pm

He nodded "I've yet to talk to Pam, I had to come see you first" he said calmly before leaning up and kissing her softly. "Never be sorry for defending yourself. I do not know that wolf, but I'm sure if she was here to harm you, I would have killed her as well"

He sighed. Their lives were so complicated now. Sookie was in danger, from Russel and from the authority if they ever figured out she was part fairy. "I don't intend to die, not by Russel, not by the authority... I am master of my own life"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Good. Because you're important to me, Eric. Very important. <I smiled at him and kissed him gently as I continued to run my fingers through his hair.>

You should call Pam. It would mean a lot.... to me. <I would tell him later on, sometime, about the deal I had made with Pam. I had to do something to get him to forgive her, to make their relationship the same as before. Lord knew how I would do it.>

<My eyes traveled down to his and I sighed as I moved down on the bed so we were lying side by side> You're hungry. <I said, not as a question but a mere statement of fact. He hadn't fed in who knew how long. I could tell.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm