For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Watchful Eye

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Watchful Eye Empty Watchful Eye

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

I finally put Bill's letter down and looked at the time...it was already fifteen minutes PAST the time my shift started. SHIT! I really didn't want to put up with Arlene's bullshit tonight. I used my vamp speed and in no time was dressed in my Merlotte's t-shirt, black slacks, and Nike shoes. I grabbed my cell and keys and took one last glance at the letter. I shook my head so I wouldn't cry and headed out.

Sam glanced my way with a stern look as I strolled in. "I know...I know...just...please don't Sam. I have a lot going on." He shook his head and I continued on my merry way to get my apron and order pad. I passed the booth that held one lone customer. He looked a little gruffy, with hair down by his ears in short brown waves. He had a goatee and a small smirk on his face as he tilted his head slightly to the side to look at me. My senses told me he was a vampire, because of his smell...and no beating heart. I didn't know exactly what to do, I'd never been uncomfortable by just a look...but his was just...deadly. I continued to Sam's office for my things and bumped into Arlene. I rolled my eyes and tried to bite my tongue. {Well, it's about damn time...I don't care if your a vampire or not you can be on time like everyone else. I have a life too! I got kids! I got--} I held up a hand. "Arlene, you got this and you got that, just like I got shit too...so back the FUCK off because I'm NOT in the mood for your annoying voice tonight!" I said as my fangs dropped and I didn't bother to cover them. She made a shocked face and tossed the paper to me taking off the other way. I picked it up and saw which tables were mine. Great table 3...True Blood O pos...had to be him. I headed back to the bar to place the drink order with Sam. After it was heated I brought him the bottle and set it down with a napkin underneath. "Here you are. Anything else?"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Watchful Eye Empty Re: Watchful Eye

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm

~smiling softly, look look the girl over quietly~

A wine glass please. Take your time, I am in no hurry.

~relaxing back into the booth, I let me eyes wander around the room~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 pm

I furrowed my brow for a second. Not often did a vampire like to drink from a wine glass...unless either A they were royal or uppity or B it was a female. He seemed one from high class and I tilted my head to the side as I slowly turned around to fetch his glass. Something was weird about him...like the creepy feeling I got a few weeks back when I felt like someone was watching me. I came back and set it down gently on the table. "There you are. Are you new around these parts? I uh...know the King, he likes to know who's new in town and how long they will be staying. That sort of thing." I smiled, hoping he wouldn't ask more. What would I say..Oh I'm the princess of Louisiana and I have a right to know...lame.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

~chuckling softly~
    Thank you, Miss ......
    ~looks briefly into her eyes questioningly~

I am just traveling in and out of town, checking local businesses out. If I had known that He was available, I of course would have been certain to pay a call, out of respect. You must be one of influence, to have the boldness to ask questions in his name....

~I set down a card on the tabletop~
    * NexGen Virtual Services *
    * Alastair Browne, CEO *
    * Cell ###-###-#### *

If you can tell me where to find him, I will make certain that I do so at my earliest chance.

~pouring the ruby liquid carefully into the wine glass, smiling softly~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm

A business man..Bill would be proud I played nice. Maybe Bill could use him around. I smiled and took the card from the table. "I can be sure to pass on the word to him, when he is available that is." Thinking to myself {IF he's EVER available again.} I slid the card into my apron front pocket and nodded once to him. "Nice to meet you. You'll like it here..its quiet and calm"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 pm

~Taking a sip from the glass, being sure to be discreet for the other customers.~

I was through town last week but only had time for a drink before a meeting down the road. I promised myself I would try to come back through with a bit more time to relax. I am just glad I got the chance to meet such an adorable lady, Miss .....?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 pm

‎"Jessica...Jessica Hamby." I said as I smiled. "Well, if uh..there is anything else I can getcha, you let me know okay?" I was looking for signs to show that he was a threat, but didn't see any. But some gut wrenching thing told me he was NOT a peaceful person. That he had a secret agenda for being here...on my shift...in my section. Or maybe I was just paranoid.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 pm

~sighing as I relax into the seat~

Jessica...a beautiful name...befitting such a beautiful young lady. As for your offer, perhaps your number, since you offered.

~chuckling as I watch her reaction to my answer~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 pm

I was caught way off guard with that. I didn't know exactly how to react. "Well, its sweet of you to ask and all but I um...I don't give out personal information to people I don't know." I hoped I had done okay and not hurt his feelings. I'd never been hit on by another vampire before...a really old looking vampire and it was just a little weird. No wonder he was sitting here...but wait, how did he know me, or know to sit here. SO many questions
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm

~laughs out loud, startling several other patrons~

Sweet Jessica, you misunderstand my intentions. I will be opening a facility a short drive from here if all goes as planned and was going to let you know when the grand opening is. I can understand your concerns though, and if your boss will allow it, I will leave a message for you here. I think it might be of interest to you.

~leaning forward and picking up my glass, smiling softly~

Let me ask you something.
    Do you ever miss feeling the sun on your face?
    Laying in the sunlight on a grassy field?
    What if I told you I could give that back to you?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 pm

I smiled and felt stupid that I thought he was hitting on me. Wow...I really need to learn signals. "Sorry, sorry...um yeah. Hah..yeah Sam wouldn't...well shouldn't mind if you left me a message here. I looked around the bar and saw that all my tables were okay for now. If Sam saw me talking and we were busy he'd have something to say, but mostly all we had were a few customers eating, a few at the bar including drunk ass Jane, and a group playing pool. I was scanning the room when his question made me stop and look at him with a curious, shock and awe face. "I'm sorry what did you just say?"
    I listened to him repeat it. "hah..yeah okay man, you fell on your head or something. That doesn't happen."
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm

~smirking a bit, I look her directly in her eyes~

My dear Jessica...

~I motion to the seat across from me~

We are the magic makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

My company has developed a way to give that experience back to vampires, without the pesky things like UV light.

Our entirely indoor and underground facility will be a virtual paradise. Sun on your face, running barefoot through the grass, even a picnic if you want. Real grass and trees in some of the rooms. How about a sun warmed lake to swim in? We can offer anything you can desire.

Would you like to know more?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 pm

"Facility...You see when I hear facility I think of jail...and when I think of jail I think of no fun. Sure sounds great, but whats the catch because nothing is free these days." I said as I continued to listen to his pitch. He was either full of himself and crazy or he actually did this and maybe Bill would be interested in going there. I knew how badly he wanted his life back.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Simply a term, Jessica. Facility, compound, estate, etc. Any of these would suffice.

My virtual tech is the new game in town, so to speak. Yes there is a price, but thanks to some very helpful Japanese friends, we are able to keep the pricing reasonable. Since you know the local King, perhaps you could mention the project to Him for us. He would of course, as a courtesy, have privileged use of the facility. We can even set him a permanent room if he has a specific theme he would like to always have available.

Would you be interested in visiting once the location is online?

~sipping the drink and setting the glass down, I lean back into the seat and let her think on what I have said.~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm

"I--UH I guess?" I was unsure with the current predicament Bill was in that I'd ever get a chance to tell him. "If Bill...sorry when Bill, the king is back I'd be happy to explain it all to him, and give him your card if you like." I smiled to be polite but internally wondered what it be like to go back to "normal"...semi-normal at least. To feel the heat on my skin, to see daylight. It was all too tempting.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 pm

~smiling, knowing it is time to close the deal on this~

Jessica, I have told you a lot but all you have is words to go by...perhaps this will help out a bit.

~reaching into a case at my side, I pull out a small black roll. I move my glass and the bottle to the divider behind me and roll out the black sheet on the table. I tap it and a keyboard pops up. Typing a command into it, I smile as it hums to life...the projection popping up as the device warms up...~

Watchful Eye 6a00d810

This is a sample of the tech..though a simple design mockup for the above ground area. That way you have actually seen that I really do have the ability to do what I say.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 pm

I stood there in awe. It was amazing. He was a genius! "Oh, thats...it's...yeah! I can't believe it's possible." I went to touch the holograph but it became blurry where I touched. Amazing..I looked from him to the device and back again. "I'd love to do it!"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:15 pm

~smiling confidently~

I thought you might, Jessica. Please let your King, Bill you said his name is I think, know about the project. I should have at least a few rooms ready to run within a month or two...it will probably be a bit of time before the entire complex is completed. If you and He can let us know what you would like to see, I will personally make sure those ideas are represented.

~reaching back for the glass and bottle, I pour a bit more into the glass and offer Jessica some as well...~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:19 pm

I shake my head at his offer of blood...since reading Bill's letter I wasn't very hungry at all. "Thank you and I sure will pass the word to him of your facility." I smiled and noticed Sam watching me with the look. "I uh..better get back to work. Thanks for stopping in." I smiled and headed to table 8 to refill her sweet tea and gathered the tips from the other two free tables so the bus boy could do his job. I looked back at the man and then down to the table and secretly wondered what it would feel like to see the sun again, not burn and still be a vampire. That....was temptation.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm

~smiling at the beauty wandered away to take care of her tables, I finish off my drink. Leaving a couple dollars on the table, I head for the door. Stopping at the counter, I drop a couple dollars in the bartender's tip jar and head out the door.~

"Thanks for your patience. I appreciate it."

~I glance back one more time at the bouncy teen-vamp and smile smugly. She's in my pocket as if I folded her up and put her there~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:57 am