For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Makers and Progenies

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Makers and Progenies Empty Makers and Progenies

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:40 pm

This is a special issue for all my vampire readers. Tonight's topic: Makers and Progenies

The one thing that makes a good maker? Patience. I for one, was not blessed with the most patience, but I do try. I know the importance of carrying on a legacy...fullfilling a lineage of blood. Strong blood. I will not and cannot have a weak progeny and luckily I don't. Tara is tough as nails and some might think she can be weak, because she's a woman. But I assure you, she's deadly with her newfound abilities.

Being a maker is not all rainbows and sundrops. Let's face it, you are creating another like you. If you are turning a human into a vampire, against their will...be sure you may feel you regret your decision early on. But then you must think back to what made you create this creature to begin with. Surely they were to serve an important purpose in your life. You saw something in them--a will, a want, a drive. Some undetermined source of life force you knew would prove useful should they be immortal.

I was blessed and lucky to have a maker such as Eric Northman. Sure, I gave him almost no choice in turning me but I assume he was not regretful in the long run. He knew and saw something in me, deep down he knew this was my life purpose and this was what I was intended to do...to carry his line. Patience, however important, is not the only dire key in being a good maker. There is Trust, Loyalty, and Support. You must Trust that your progeny is going to be loyal to you, trust that they do as you wish, and trust that you have made the right decision. You must be loyal as well to your progeny, never betray your progeny for personal gain. Support your progeny in the transition of the immortal life, support and teach them the ways of our kind. Without knowledge of feeding and hunting instincts, glamour lessons or how to fight, you may as well stake your own progeny.

Now, don't think I've forgotten....Progenies have certain qualities they must attain in order for the maker/progeny relationship to thrive. If your maker turned you against your will, obviously you will be upset and resent them. But you have to step back and think there was a reason they gave you such a gift. Yes, a gift. Being a vampire is not the end of the world, even though you feel you are a monster, a creature, an abomination...its a gift. It's a blessing. You will learn in the long run that living forever, (if you avoid pointed objects piercing your chest) you will have no limits for any goal you want. You can live and learn so much. You will never get wrinkles or grow old. You will never die from a disease or accident. (Unless again you are staked in the process) You have so much more to live for. A life WORTH living. Not everyone feels the same, but I can tell you this...if you find yourself disagreeing with all of this....do yourself and your maker a favor and stake yourself, or go out around noon and get yourself a great tan. *winks*

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:00 pm