For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Late For Work Again

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Late For Work Again Empty Late For Work Again

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

~Late For Work Again~

"Terry! Terry! I need you to watch the kids! I am already late for work! Sam is gonna fire me if I am late again!....Terry!"

"Hold your horses Arlene! I heard you the first time...Now go on. The Kids will be fine"

I swayed from one leg to another with Mikey asleep in my arms as his head rested against my upper arm. Quiet snores escaped his lips as he settled in for his afternoon nap.

This was my second shift back at Merlotte's after giving birth to Mikey, he was now 3 weeks old. My breast still leaking, all my muscles in my body ached as they felt like they were on fire. I was tired, and things had definitely come to a halt in the bedroom with Terry.

Terry came into the kitchen and was dressed in green khaki's and a plaid blue shirt that was fresh out of the dryer as i could smell jasmine and lilies. Walking over to him, i leaned in to place a chaste kiss on his dry cracked lips.

"Mikey needs to go down for hip nap or he won't sleep tonight"

"I got it Arlene. Now go"

"Momma loves you baby" I cooed at Mikey.

Terry slowly took Mikey from my arms and wrapped him into his as he made shooing noises to send him into a deep sleep.

"His bottle is in the fridge, you remember what you have to do?"

"Jesus christ with tomatoes Arlene. I know how to look after a baby. Now go your late for work"

I turned my head to look at the clock, i was already five minutes late. Speeding around to grab my purse, my keys and my phone. Heading out of the door, already dressed in my uniform. Sam was gonna kill me. Stepping into my car, putting the key in the ignition, the engine roared to life as i pulled out of the driveway. Putting my foot on the gas, i made my way to work.

The tips better be good tonight.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:59 am