For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

A private Meeting

John Quinn
    John Quinn

A private Meeting Empty A private Meeting

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:03 pm

~As I watch the sun set, I key in the security codes for the house, locking down all but needed areas. The staff has been given the night off. Even Vincent, under protest, is gone from the house. I have stocked the office with anything my guest might need. I walk the halls, making sure everyone is gone, then move to my office desk to wait.~
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

A private Meeting Empty Re: A private Meeting

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm

*Just after sundown, I prepare myself properly for my meeting...dabbing the right scents in the right places. One of the Authority officers knocks and announces that my car is ready, as well as the two decoys. All three drivers have been given their assignments and await their passengers.*

"I will be there shortly. Tell the drivers to raise the blinders. None of them need know who their guests are."

*as I slide into the car and shut the door, I smile as I see the wine glass sitting on the armrest. So considerate. I signal the driver to head out and we pull away, as do the decoys. These precautions are so tedious, but with the problems with Russel, we must take steps.*

"You can lower the shield now, Solomon. I know it's you. I picked that cologne for you myself."

*as the shield slides down, I hear his deep laughter*

"We are running a bit late and my friend does not like to be kept waiting. Step up the speed."

*It is my turn to laugh as I am pressed into the seat with the rapid acceleration of the Bentley. We are soon rolling into the edge of Baton Rouge and up to the decadent house of my friend, Jonathan.*

Last edited by Salome Agrippa on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm

~I watch as the headlights move down the driveway, smiling as she gets out of the car. I stand and walk to the front of the house to greet her. As I open the door, I am hit with that intoxicating combination she has always worn for me.~

"Welcome to my home, Chancellor Agrippa. Shall we go inside?"

~I motion the driver around toward the garage area. There is no rush for our meeting, and I enjoy Salome's company. I give her a gentle kiss on the cheek as she enters~

"It is good to see you again, Salome. I have everything set up in the office. You know the way..."
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

* Strolling through the halls, I cannot help but laugh as I notice he has sent everyone away for the night. I guess I cannot blame him for old habits, but he should know me better by now. As we enter the office, I slip into the divan chair and smile smugly as I watch him move to his desk, his seat of power.*

"You were right, Jonathan. I should never have trusted that bastard. He has turned his back on us, on the Authority, on Lilith herself. You told me it was a mistake to trust him again. We have both been burned before but I thought to take advantage of Northman and Compton's foolishness."

*I look around and smile, noting the changes to the decor and the silver knife hanging from the side of his chair.*

"I'm hurt Jonathan, after all this time...a concealed knife?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 pm

~As I follow her into the office, I drink in that lovely scent. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. I slide a tray close to her, with a flute of O+ on it, as I move toward my desk. Hearing her comment, I laugh~

"Just a precaution, Salome. I keep it there all the time. Not for you. You of all people would not come to harm by my hand. You are the one who showed me the path to find peace with my demons. Though I am not vampire, you guided my way to Lilith's teachings. To and end to the hiding, an end to the secrets. Let us talk of other things, more pleasant things...."
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 pm

*With a wicked smile, I nod. I take a sip from the glass.*

"Ahh....you remembered my preference. Just the right temperature as well. You know me well..."

*Setting the glass down, I lean forward, hearing his suggestion.*

"What did you have in mind?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 pm

~leaning back in my chair, I laugh~

"Well for starters, why don't you tell me what you have been up to. The vampires in this area have been behaving very strangely as of late. One of our local young vampires even attacked a friend and we had to take steps."

~Leaning forward, I look directly at the Chancellor.~
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 pm

*smiling quietly, I drink in those beautiful violet eyes, loosing track of a few moments before regaining task*

"It it quite simple, Jonathan. Lilith has chosen her time, and things are accelerating. It is an internal matter truthfully, and not really a concern for outsiders. Even one as close the the matter as you are. You do remember our arrangement, don't you?"

*leaning forward, I look directly at him, keeping track of where that dagger and his hands are.*

"I would not want any.....misunderstandings...."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 pm

~Laughing softly at her momentary distraction, I move my hands to plain view on the desk~

"Oh course, Chancellor Agrippa. I have agreed in return for the help you gave me in the past, as well as your guidance on the Path. I will not directly or indirectly interfere with your movements in bringing forth the vision of Lilith. I would like to add though that I would be more than happy to use my resources to work on tracking Edgington and his pet babyvamp"

~Raising my arm up and revealing the hidden tattoo under my bicep, I smile~
    A private Meeting Sigil_10
    "I do not forget my promises, Salome. Just make sure you do not forget yours. Once Edgington and his ilk are gone, V production is stopped permanently at the source. I in return will keep my distance from your internal fighting. We agreed when the pact was made that I was free to defend what is mine. That I will hold you to. I swear what I have said before you and before Lilith's own eyes."

~I dig my nails into my palm, breaking the skin, and drip several drops of my blood into a shot glass. I set the shot glass at the front of my desk and sit back, wrapping my hand in a cloth until it stops bleeding~

Last edited by John Quinn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Kiara had driven with Nik back to Quinn's estate. She still had his car and after cleaning it she was here to return it.

He had filled her in and Jason was taken care off but she didn't want to hold on to one of his cars any longer than needed. Parking the car by the garage she noticed the lack of servants. It made her be a bit on edge, but she didn't smell any death around, however she did pick up the subtle scent of perfume.

Odd...

She walked in. Again the lack of servants, but since she'd been here for a few days she knew where to go. Figuring Quinn was in his office she made her way there. The fact the smell of the perfume intensified put her more on edge, but she wasn't picking any tell tale sounds of coitus.

She froze, hearing Quinn's voice.

"......I do not forget my promises, Salome. Just make sure you do not forget yours..."

Salome...

She expected to smell Quinn's anger, but nothing. Not even his calm anger. She expected to feel anger herself, but a voice in her mind told her "I told you so" she sighed, clutching the keys to his car.

"Quinn....I'm here to return your keys" she said, now seeing that the perfume came from the vampire she'd researched before. Disappointment filled her stomach, putting out any anger. She shouldn't be surprise... in the end she couldn't expect things had changed, that he had changed.
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 pm

*Rising from the chair, I saunter over the the desk, taking up the shot glass. I glance toward the door, seeing a new arrival coming down the hall, saying something about keys...I turn back to Jonathan raising the shot glass as he raises his. With a slight smirk, I toast*

"May Lilith bless our pact and out future."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Like a stone disappointment sank deeper in her. All this time she'd been worrying about Jessica, about Bill, about Lilith brainwashing them and Quinn had known all along what was going on.

She set the keys down on a nearby lamp table. "Your car is gassed up and clean, thanks for the loan" she said calmly. She should be angry, heck anyone would, but strangely she was numb.

She looked at him, the past, everything that had happened and now this. No, it made her next decision so much easier. She couldn't stay around a religious fanatic. Even if Quinn claimed this was for his job thats how her nightmare had began. He had put his job before her and she'd gotten raped, beaten, drugged and a whole host of other things.

"Goodbye Quinn" she said, her voice soft, laden with a sadness and disappointment. "thanks for the help" she added, turning to leave.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 pm

~setting the shot glass down, I stand~

"Kiara...you don't know all the facts. When you are ready. I will be here to explain. "

~I watch as she turns, reading the disappointment in her scent and her body~

"I know that look and I am sorry you found out this way. I tried to tell you before but did not know how to explain..."
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

*Smiling at the little exchange, reading between the lines, I look to the newcomer*

"Do you need to talk? I can step out for a few if you need to discuss anything. I am in no hurry."

*Smiling wickedly, I give her a look that tells her I see everything that is going on.*
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 pm

She shook her head "No Quinn...You babied me once and it nearly killed me... this time... I rather walk away with whats left of my sanity"

She inclined her head "I apologize for interrupting your meeting... I assure you it wont happen again" she said, putting emphasis on her last words.

"I'm letting go of the past Quinn, you included. I pray your path never leads you to the hurt I've experienced at your hand" she said before exiting the room. In silence she headed outside where Nik waited in her car.

"Lets get out of here Nik" she said as she got in. He didn't question her look, or the fact that tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but put the car in gear and peeled out of there.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm

~watching Kiara leave, knowing it would be wrong right now to try to stop her..I sit back down with a sigh. I know it will be a cold day in hell when I get the chance to explain things...~

~Looking back to Salome, watching as my blood relaxes her~

"Now why don't you tell me about what happened with Russell and we can move on from there..."

~seeing the headlights from Kiara's car pull away from the drive, I know she is out of my life for the long term....I sigh and press a few keys on a pad~

"Rescind all security clearances for Master File Kiara"

~As a beep comes from the terminal, I sit back to listen to Salome tell her story.~
    Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Post by Salome Agrippa Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

~I saunter back to my seat, a bit lightheaded from the shot of Jonathan's blood~

"Well, it began rather well actually....with Northman coming to Lilith with his sister's assistance. He had been having trouble understanding...and then everything went to hell in a moment of bravado."

~centering myself, I begin to explain~

"We finally had everyone at the table and...."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am