For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A Disturbance in the Force

Clotho
    Clotho

A Disturbance in the Force Empty A Disturbance in the Force

Post by Clotho Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:04 pm

*she'd felt the shift days ago, some bit of her very ousia that keened softly in distress but hadn't listened to it as she should have. Her mind had been distracted with all she was trying to put in order for the years ahead. For herself. For her daughter, Gwen. And for the good of the world, she had be prepared. But now, in a quiet moment, she felt the shuddering unease that was rippling through the ether and it was like an icy finger dancing up her spine in some macabre imitation of a lover's caress. Seeking out Styxx in his home office, she murmured quietly about heading to Olympus for a bit, she needed to tend to ..something. He looked up at her pinched, pale face, concerned..but knew she could only tell him so much...so he never pushed. Well, not too hard. Rising up, kissing her softly, pulling his tiny wife close, he held her moment, nodding when she let him know that Gwennie was with Alexionia in the new treehouse they'd all built over the weekend. Then she was gone, reappearing in the Temple of the Fates, pale brow puckered in concern. Crossing into the Thread Room, she headed for the Reflection Pool, noting Atropos was ...smiling? Red flag! Red flag! That one NEVER smiled. Unless.* What is it, adelphi? *she sank down even as she spoke, graceful fingers dipping into the milky, glowing liquid as Atty crowed* Holy shit, Bit. Do you remember Lilith?
    Clotho
    Clotho

A Disturbance in the Force Empty Re: A Disturbance in the Force

Post by Clotho Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:04 pm

*an actual scowl crossed the baby Fate's face as she recalled that one. Eyes flaring to silver, gleaming with intensity* Yes. She ..left quite a mess before her time was through. *trying to be diplomatic to which Atty snorted* Whatever. She was a power hungry bitch. Give them a inch, they take a fucking yard. But anyway..*waving black laquered nails around* She's crafty, I gotta give her that. Take a look....Dead ain't always better, huh?..*Clo tilted her head, bending low over the pool as images began to swirl rapidly, flashing by so quickly they blurred. She groaned, watching the power play of the Blood Goddess's plan as it unfolded. Glancing sharply at Atty* What I want to know is how she's managed to stay under the radar this long? And who let her out of Tartarus? How did I NOT see this? This wasn't how it was to be.....
    Clotho
    Clotho

Post by Clotho Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm

*Giving her baby sister a huge grin* Well..I know why YOU didn't see it, boo. Cos YOU'RE involved....*manifesting her shears, she twirled them almost maniacally, cackling at the look on Clo's face* Oh..come off it..you know I can't tell you things....YOUR rules, remember? Only reason I saw it at all is cos I'm not tied to it all as you are. I'm Death baby...*rictus smile* So..we can just let Billith down there have at it....gives me job security.Or..and I know...ah..shit...I can see it on your face....so that's a no then huh? *shears disappearing* You're no fun, kid. *rising up and smoothing down her black peplos* Look Bit, I'm being summoned....Uncle Hades needs me. But look....just..you know...*arching a brow, her identical face but for the bright green eyes and dark hair serious* Don't get too gung ho..you can only do SO much. Get that Viking, his progeny and that fairy chick to help out. Laters, baby! *she disappeared in a blast of black smoke, leaving Clo's mind to hurriedly call forth the images again as she sat back...thinking. So...Lillith, one of the most dangerous Blood Goddesses had somehow managed to leave enough of herself, her blood..to escape when her believers grew in number. A possession demon, she was. And now..now..she was housed within Mr. Compton. Letting out a low, long groan, muttering in complete un Cloie like fashion* Well...FUCK!
    Clotho
    Clotho

Post by Clotho Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm

*she let it play out before her in the rippling, concentric circles swirling in the Pool. Two ways this could end then. Well..the end result was the same ...but the journey. Hmm. There was really one thing she COULD viably do right now and even that would affect some other things marginally. But..she'd deal with those consequences as they arose. It was her fault really. In the end, it was. She should have destroyed the vial of blood that Lillith's followers had managed to secret away after she met the true death. Damn it, Clo! Rubbing her head, she formulated her plan. Fight darkness with light. Always. This would work....it had to.. at least long enough to let everything else fall into place. Glancing down at her outfit, she hesitated. Should she visit TBD Fangtasia dressed as the Goddess she was or go more "human"? No..it was imperative she impress upon Pamela, Eric and their friends who she was and what she was capable of. No time for games. Not now. Fading out in a burst of violet light to her destination. Hoping no one would try to eat her...*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:30 pm