For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Where to turn now?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Where to turn now? Empty Where to turn now?

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 am

-Yes, I understand....no, thank you for your time.- He said as he hung up the phone. The bank would grant no new extensions on the bar. His business was failing and unless he came up with the money in seven days, he'd lose the bar. As he leaned back in his chair thinking of the times he stole for a living using his abilities to shift into the smallest things, he shook it off knowing he wouldn't go down that path again. He couldn't, and he wouldn't. Not when he had a wonderful woman like Luna in his life.

Leaning forward, resting his elbows on the desk and he ran his hands through his tousled hair. The bar would open in an hour or so for lunch and he just prayed he got more than two customers. Lately all he needed was one waitress per shift, which was unusual for Merlotte's. Between Luna being on the news, and losing his bar, he was not in the best of moods. And that wouldn't change anytime soon.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Where to turn now? Empty Re: Where to turn now?

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am

<she hadn't missed the worry in Sam's voice the last time she spoke to him and she certainly hadn't missed the emotions that were pouring off of him like grease off fresh cooked bacon. She had the ability to fix it, or to help out at least; her hand tightened on the envelope in the pocket of her jean skirt as she got out of the car and headed into Merlotte's.> Sam? You there? <slowly made her way towards the back where his office was>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am

His head raised as he heard someone calling his name, as he pushed away from his desk and headed to the main bar. Empty..of coarse. Only other person there was Lafayette starting up the cooking, which he probably didn't even need to being there were barley any customers. -Sookie, hey...Listen I'm sorry I had to cut your hours.- He said as he thought about the phone call from earlier. He would have to tell her soon. [Damn, losing my bar, losing my best staff, losing everything around me. Pointless....just pointless, why try. Don't let her know, think of something else. Don't look at her boobs. Focus Sam she can hear you. Shit. Thinks of the weather and if could rain] "What are you doing here?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am

<she raised a brow, stopping halfway to him> Sam.... It doesn't look like it's going to rain at all. Come on. <walked closer and gently grabbed his arm, pulling him back towards his office> You aren't getting rid of anyone.

<last night she had been going over her finances and figured out just how much she needed to get by. The taxes was paid, her driveway still looked perfect thanks to not having so many people trying to kill her lately, and really other than that there wasn't much that she needed.>

My Gran firmly believed in helping others when they needed it, even if they were too pigheaded to ask. <she cut her eyes at him and dared him to say he was anything but pigheaded.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

He sighed and sat in his chair as she sat at the edge of his desk. Looking up at her and wanting to rebut him being pigheaded but deep down he knew it was true. -Sookie, I just don't want charity. I can barley pay the bank back so loans won't help. Unless I win the Louisiana Lottery, you will need to find another job. Sorry.- He said as he laid everything on the table and was up front with her.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

<she frowned, her heart starting to race even though she knew she could and would help. She stood and reached into her pocket, digging out the crinkled envelope and holding it out in front of her> I know it's wrinkled, but I'm sure the contents would still work just as well as before. <she smiled at him as she walked over and placed it in front of him. Inside? $50,000 cash.>

Here. Take this. I know it's not much, but it may help a little bit. For, ya now, stuff. As for payment? I think I might can go without for a bit. I have everything I need at home.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

He shook his head. -Sookie I can't take your money, your life savings. It's not...right. I can't.- He wanted to so badly but could not take such a handout. He didn't know how much it contained but considering the bulk of the envelope he knew he was plenty.

She was not giving up, as she stood there looking at him with that look. He grumbled and took the envelope. -I'll pay you back every penny. I don't know when, but I will. Sookie you're a lifesaver.-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

<she shrugged her shoulders before hugging him tight and kissing his cheek softly> It's not life savings. It's hazard pay from a job I did. No big deal. <she took a step back and reached up to pinch his cheek> I'm not worried about you paying me back. You've always been the best boss anyone could ask for, so think of it as a thank you from a stubborn waitress that tends to get into trouble and bring it along with her. Now. <grinned> Get your tail out there and help me get set up. I think things will pick up soon. They have to. <Walked towards the door, opened it and waited for him>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am

He smiled and slid the bulky envelope in his back pocket as he followed her out. He knew exactly what he needed to do now and once things were under control he would. Sookie had proved to be a best friend to him and he owed her big. Granted all her money came from being a puppet for all the vamps she did work for but, it was supporting her so why not. His day began to get better after all...next was to save the love of his life from cameras.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:43 am