For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A new Leaf

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

A new Leaf Empty A new Leaf

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 am

Sam stared at the unopened envelope on his desk for two whole days, fighting an inner battle to take the help or to give it back and figure it out on his own. He finally decided to open the envelope and his eyes widened. He took the stack of bills out and counted. After he passed ten grand, he swallowed. What was Sookie doing to get this much out of those vamps. He continued to count the ten grand increments.
    Twenty grand....Thirty grand....Fourty....FIFTY GRAND! He sat back and let out a breath. Fifty Thousand dollars for the bar. A smile crossed his face and he couldn't help it at all. She had saved the bar and ultimately him.

He put the money into a small till lock box and headed to his bank first. The look on his face as he dumped the money over on Mr. Richard's desk, the one who was so relentless on seeing him closed.

A new Leaf 95_cas10

Mr. Richard's didn't seem excited or happy that Sam had saved his bar, but in fact playfully asked who he robbed. -Just do the paperwork, okay? It's none of your business but if you must know...a friend.- After signing paperwork he finally owned his bar again. No more loans to pay off. He had almost thirty five grand left over he decided to place into the savings and see if Sookie wanted that back.

Next stop, his lawyer. He explained to him what he needed and that he needed it done immediately. "Three days at most Mr. Merlotte, that's as fast as I can do it." He sighed but knew it would have to do. -Thanks, that works.- He shook his hand and headed back to the bar for the lunch shift. Now if only business would pick up...
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

A new Leaf Empty Re: A new Leaf

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

Three days later he received the call he'd been waiting on. He headed into town and picked up the paperwork. After looking it over and reading it he nodded. -Thank you for your time.- He said as he headed out the door. Seeing Flora in her flower shop, he stopped and picked up a dozen rainbow daisies, her favorite. As he got back to the bar, he noticed more cars then the day before, which was a good sign.

He walked through the front with a big smile as he snuck up behind Sookie, who was chatting with Holly. Bringing the flowers around and putting them in front of her vision he whispered in her ear. -My office....please.-

A new Leaf Happy_10
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 am

<Holly looked at her and raised her brow, and she could hear what she was thinking. Sookie rolled her eyes and popped Holly's arm playfully> You stop thinkin' that right now. Sam is with Luna and I'm..... <rolled her eyes again and grumbled> With Eric.... Kinda. <she shook her head and laughed a little as she turned and followed after Sam. They got to his office and she looked at him with a slightly raised brow> I'm not taking the money back if that's what you're after.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:28 am

He followed her in and closed the door. Shaking his head as he said, -I wasn't gonna give it back. I used the money...the bar is officially out of debt! I mean, granted that we can get business back up and running. The remaining money, you want it back? I'd be happy to give it back.- He said with a smile as he held the large manilla folder in his hands.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 am

<she shook her head> Nope. I don't need it, especially not now that I'm mar...... <she stopped mid-sentence and shook her head, muttering about Eric being an asshole> I don't need it. <she smiled at him> I'm glad that the bar is out of debt though! I'm sure it'll pick up soon, so don't worry about that.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 am

-Well, I hope you're right....and um...thanks. Really. I'd love to know what you did to get all that cash, but uh...I'm not sure I wanna know.- He said with a chuckle. He looked down at his hands and smiled. -Oh, before I forget this is for you. No arguments, no objections. It's done and won't be undone.- He said as he extended her the envelope and took the flowers from her, placing them on his desk as he waited for her reaction.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

<she took the envelope and flowers from him hesitantly, sitting the flowers down and opening the envelope; as her eyes went over the paperwork inside, they went wide> I.... What..... You...... <she looked at him confused> You want to be business partners?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Sam laughed. -No, we ARE business partners. Meaning, you own a share of Merlotte's. You are sort of like a silent partner, co-owner, whatever title you wanna give it. You bought in to the bar. I couldn't just take your money and give you nothing in return. I owe you and this is my way of saying thanks.- He was a little worried she wasn't happy about it, sure she'd have more responsibility at the bar, but she would also make some profit. -Upset?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

.... I don't know what to say....... <when he asked if she was upset, she just laughed and threw her arms around him to hug him tight> I'm honored, Sam. I.... What do I do? I don't know what this means. <she let go of him and stepped back to look at the paperwork again> Partners, huh? What does this mean that I do? Can I boss you around? <she put her hand on her hip and gave him her best glare then winked and laughed>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

He smiled, chuckled and shook his head no. -Well, as much as you'd like to, no...We're sorta in this together now. You help make schedules, run the place, place orders for supplies. Which lets face it you've done all the above before, I just never realized how much you knew about management. You've helped me so much in the last five years, who else would be perfect!-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 am

I dunno. Luna, maybe? <she nudged him with her elbow, but by the look on his face and the sadness she felt coming from him she figured that may be a sore subject>

"SOOKIE! HURRY IT UP, I NEED HELP GETTING THINGS SET UP FOR TODAY!"

<she looked back at Sam and sighed> Looks like it's time to put on my boss shoes. <she winked. She loved this bar; it was like a second home to her and she really needed that.> I'm gonna go help Holly. If you need to talk, you get me okay? <gave him a reassuring smile>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 am

The minute he heard her name his frown disappeared and he looked down. Truth be told Luna was having a hard time since her tv incident. She'd been living like a hermit last few days. Maybe there was a way to get her and Emma away from this mess. He heard Holly calling for Sookie's help. He gave her a weak smile and nodded. -Thanks Sookie, really. For everything.- He watched as she left the room and turned his attention to the piles of payroll he needed to work on. Giving a grunt he sat down and began to work, knowing he'd have to show Sookie how to do payroll soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content