For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

a brief Stop

John Quinn
    John Quinn

a brief Stop Empty a brief Stop

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 am

As the Lexus pulled up to Merlott’s, John smiled, glad to be back home. As Vincent opened the door and he sent out he was careful to keep his bandaged arm close to his body. As he walked inside he motioned to one of the waitresses and sat down at an open booth. As Vincent joined him they ordered and Jonathan quietly pulled out his cell phone.

Dialing the number for Fangtasia, he was not surprised to hear the voicemail pick up and smiled as he left a brief message:
    “Pam, this is Quinn, just wanted to let you know that I’m back in the area and up for meeting at your convenience. Please get in touch with Vincent at the number I gave you to make the arrangements. We have much to discuss, much more than you even realize. I look forward to our meeting.”

Setting the cell phone aside, he stared out into space thinking about recent events and what he had learned while he was gone. He needed to get in touch with many people, but that would have to wait.

The only thing on his mind right now was going back to Shreveport for Kiara. The only reason for the stop in Bon Temp was that they needed to drop off their bags and he wanted to see how the renovations were going. As the food arrived, they ate quietly while John looked around. Not too much seem to have changed here and that was somewhat of a comfort.

“Vincent, once were back in the car please make certain you get in touch with Shreveport and have the security enhanced, just to be safe. Once you drop me off at Kiara’s house, you can return to the Bon Temp property and oversee the last of the renovations. They should be done fairly soon as they’ve had more than sufficient time.”

Smiling at the thought of seeing Kiara again, he knows he’s going to have to brace for screaming match about leaving without telling her especially with a task so dangerous. He only hoped that she would understand that it was a family matter and that he had to do with it himself. His arm was definitive proof that not all had gone as planned, but the fact that he had returned showed that he did succeed.
    As they finished and paid for the food, he forced a smile at the waitress and pressed the tip into her hand. He nodded to the bartender as they headed back toward the car. It was going to be a long drive back to Shreveport, and hopefully it will be long enough for him to figure out what to say to Kiara…

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm