For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

I won't back down

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

I won't back down Empty I won't back down

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 am

*Key's jiggling as I open the apartment door, walking in seeing Rikki not here sighing with relief, I need the time to get myself together before she comes home to find me bloody and shaken.

Walking into the bathroom pulling out the first aid kit, using the wound wash to cleanse the cut above my eye and busted lip rolling gauze to put in my bloodied nose. Placing a steri-strip on the cut and some liquid bandage on my lip. Wincing from the sting, blowing out a breath and putting up the first aid kit cleaning the counter off and taking the trash and disposing of it in the kitchen. Grabbing a beer out of the refrigerator traversing to the couch to watch a bit of television. The news droning on about the election, using the remote to change the channel since this presidential election is a bit of a sore spot with me and my face. My lips thin in anger making the wound pull and I place my long neck to the spot to reduce swelling.

Thinking back on the recent events of the day, how the union rep stopped by with the "you are not union if you don't vote our way" spiel. Rick the union rep is a okay guy but his message on most days I can let roll off like water off a ducks back. Today he was insistent, almost pushy telling me with the election so close that it would be in my best interest to ask the guys and myself to vote for the people on the sample ballot he handed me. I took the ballot laying it on my desk smiling and saying with my best smile,*

I will broach the subject with the crew when we lay off for the evening. *Grabbing a file from the desk* Is there anything else I can help you with, Rick? If not I am off schedule on this build about over budget so as you can see I am tied up. Stop by again when you are in the area towards the end of the day and I will have some long necks waiting.

*Rick nods saying,*"Dammit Alcide I mean it you have can't blow us off, the pressure is coming from higher up and if the election doesn't go well. There could be a shakeup causing alot of internal changes, the union doesn't like that. You and the guys have to follow that sample ballot to the letter or things will get messy The election is in a few days."

*Smiling at Rick leading him out the office door. Walking back in dropping into my seat looking out the window, watching Rick crawl into his pickup getting on the phone arguing with someone. Staring down at my desk littered with papers again, organization was never my strong point. Digging around for the file that was needed. Picking up the phone calling the subcontactor to yell at his oversights and huge blunders that need fixing. The rest of the day went by in a blur of call this person and put out this fire, without stopping for lunch or a break. Looking up at the clock since the sun is starting to set in the west, seeing it's about layoff time, I grab the sample ballot walking out towards the gate to catch the guys as they leave.*

Gentlemen my I have a moment of your time, it was brought to my attention that the union needs our help with the election, this sample ballot *holding it up* shows who they want to win. I myself will not bend to their will, but if this is how you think politically more power to you. I am not going to sway your thoughts, vote like you want to vote. This is all I needed, go home and enjoy your evening see you here at 7 AM. Good Night.

*Stepping away from the group heading back into the office/trailer to finish the to do list for today to get it to the important to done. Hearing a bang on the trailer door, I yell for them to come in. 4 men walk into the trailer asking if I am Alcide Herveaux. Standing up from my seated position, I tell them I am. The biggest one with the shaven head walks around the desk to stand toe to toe with me,*

"Well we were sent by some interested parties to help you along with your thought process, it seems that you are constipated in your thoughts. When someone asks to you to vote a certain such way and you don't or get flippant, we are here to clear your thought process. Do you feel me?"

*Looking Baldy in the eyes with a look that says I am not going to play your game,*
    Fear and intimidation will not change my views, if you think you are going to beat some since into me you need to talk to Jackson Herveaux, he will tell you I march to the beat of my own drummer, no amount of violence to my person will sway me. He would also tell you I am a slow learner on that front. So you and the rest of the quartet bring it on, I won't back down.

*Seeing his fist coming at my face, leaning back to deflect the blow as I land one into the side. The other 3 come at me two of them grabbing at my arms I kick at them to keep them back as I reach by the credenza grabbing my aluminum bat making a warning swing with it, they back off slightly. Baldy came at me grasping the end of the bat thinking it could wrench it out of my hand, adding my other hand with a swift yank I pulled it from his grasp pulling it back ready to swing at the next person to come at me.*

Batter Batter is going to swing. Come on bring it.

*Baldy grabs a desk chair swinging it at my head I held the bat up to deflect most of the blow but one of the legs struck me in the eye putting the cut on my brow bone. The chair falls to the floor with a loud clang, the three come at me two are grasping the bat pulling it from my hands, the other lands a blow to my mouth busting my lip. The bat lands with a tinny sound on the floor as the come at me, feeling pinned in the wolf reacts to the onslaught, a growl escapes me as I fight the change but my body is shot full of adrenaline, making my supernatural strength ramp up as I go on the offensive landing blows and hearing the sickening crunch of bones crushing.
    When the rush dissipated I was left with a couple of blows to the body, but inflicting much more to the quartet. Pulling them out to their SUV propping them up against it, calling Ricky getting his voice mail so I live a short message,*

Ricky your goons failed at their job, if the union sends more I will be forced to become very agitated, the closed circuit television I installed in the office and the site caught it all, so I can send this to the police and the union will be wearing egg on their face, once they identify them. Come collect them and carry them to the hospital they will need a trip through Emergency Department. Tomorrow I expect you here at 7 AM explaining to my crew what went down, then they can vote if the want to break the shop and rid themselves of the union. So come do your job.

*Hanging up the phone, looking around the office at the disarray shaking my head, thinking I will clear it up tomorrow. Heading out of the office towards my apartment.*

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:16 am