For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

26 Pounds of Sirloin

Daniel Grimaldi
    Daniel Grimaldi

26 Pounds of Sirloin Empty 26 Pounds of Sirloin

Post by Daniel Grimaldi Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

*Walks into the house with 4 bags full of meat, 26 pounds of sirloin and a chicken with all the fixings. BobCat's daily intake, minus the cream for breakfast. He is a growing teenager after all. The chicken is for me and hopefully Violet if she comes over tomorrow. I have rudimentary cooking skills. I can roast the chicken with herbs, make a stuffing recipe I found online and mashed potatoes with a chicken gravy with a couple vegetables. Growing up I never celebrated any of the holidays, they treated me one step above a lab rat.

As it is my first thanksgiving I will ever celebrate with someone, I want things to be right. BobCat is curious of what I am doing since all my time in the kitchen consists of feeding him and drinking milk. I eat out alot. Peeling potatoes and carrots, and cleaning and washing the herbs, setting them in towels in the fridge. The potatoes and the carrots are in bowls of iced water ready to cook later. Snapping the green beans removing the stringy bits. Leaving them in a bowl of iced water as well. Reaching for a bowl to pour some cream in for BobCat. Sitting it down for him he starts to lap it and purr. Smiling at how spoiled he's become. I have told him if he wants to leave he can at anytime, or he can stay. I guess like anyone he likes that easy out clause and just hangs around.

I read online you are supposed to figure out what you are thankful for and discuss it over dinner. That's a no brainer. I am thankful for my job without it I wouldn't have met Violet. I am thankful for Violet because she has shown me what it's like to care for someone, before it was only servicing base needs, and casual acquaintances. I never took the time to meet someone let alone show someone the real Daniel Grimaldi. I am also thankful for those wannabe toughs who introduced me to BobCat. He's becoming a good companion, and friend.

Looking around trying to see if I need to straighten up or dust, I try to keep the place immaculate condition, a left over habit from my military days. I look at the time seeing it's about time to run by Violets place to pick her up for work. I like that we travel together I worry less about her. I guess I can broach the subject of dinner with her tonight. I lock things up and head out to the truck to pick her up for work.*

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:56 am