For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

New Memories in Old Places

John Quinn
    John Quinn

New Memories in Old Places Empty New Memories in Old Places

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 am

As they pulled up to the house, he slowed down so she could take in the whole place...Vincent had outdone himself. The house was now a blend of old and new. He had told Vincent to strip every modern tech possible out of the house other than the vampire friendly items such as sun shutters...

As they pulled into the drive, Quinn smiled, watching her face in the glow of the moonlight...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

New Memories in Old Places Empty Re: New Memories in Old Places

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am

As he turned down the path that led to his newly remodeled home, I watched out the window. Once it came into my sight, my eyes widened. The last time I was here I wasn't paying attention to anything outside considering Kiara was dying. I smiled. "It's...it's beautiful." Turning to look at him as I smiled wider. I couldn't help but smile around him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am

He smiled at her comment.

"If you remember, this property has been in my family for generations..."

He walked around to her side of the truck, smiling as he offered her his hands...

"Since we were remodeling anyway, we restored a lot of the old peices, like the wood burning fireplace and such..."

He helped her from the truck and they walked toward the door with him describing the project to bring the house back to it's old splendor...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 am

"I think it looks amazing. You did a great job from the outside." I walked with him to the front door as he spoke of the renovations they had done and things that he'd changed. No more tech stuff like before. I was a bit shocked. Quinn was a gadgets type guy. Once we made it to the door I watched him slide the key in the door and twist the knob while turning the key.

We entered as I walked ahead of him, he flicked the lights on as I looked around. A nice big main room with doors leading to different areas, circle fireplace in the center of the room with a crackling fire with dancing flames of red, blue and yellow. "Wow...." was all I could say.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 am

Quinn smiled at her reaction.

"Sometimes simplicity has it's advantages..."

He walked her over to the first door on the right, pointing out a lever in the wall...

"Sun shields...all the bedrooms have them."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am

I heard him mention bedrooms and touched his arm as he stopped walking. Walking around to face him as I looked down. "Speaking of bedrooms. Do you...think that I should um...sleep in a different one?" I asked softly before looking up at him. I wasn't so sure we could continue to hold off on the psychical stuff when we slept together...but not like that. My brain cramped thinking about it.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am

Quinn lifted her chin so he could look in her eyes, cradling her cheek in his hand....

"Jessica...I trust you...and I will let you make that choice. There are plenty of rooms, though honestly, if sleeping alone, I usually sleep here..."

He motioned to a sunken area filled with pillows and blankets that curved around one side of the fireplace.

He took her face in his hands, placing a gentle kiss on her lips...

"So I leave that choice in your hands...both the choice of sleeping separately or together and where you wish to sleep..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am

I nodded understanding his words. Looking at the pillows he pointed out and I imagined he slept tiger style. Feeling his lips against mine reassuring me everything was okay and whatever decision I made he would be okay with. "Thank you Quinn." I took a deep breath and smiled. "I feel better now that I asked." Laughing at how foolish I'd been to think he'd have a problem with it. "So the rest of the tour?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am

He smiled as she relaxed, the taste of her still on his lips...and got a mischievous idea to try later..

He continued walking her around, showing her how things had been simplified and restored...the tour ended in his office, which was as simple as the rest of the house, save for a tablet laying on the desk...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am

As we entered his office I took one look at his desk and let out a small chuckle and covered my mouth. Turning away from him as I closed my eyes and shook my head. Mouthing the words "Oh my god," As that dream I had of him....on Bill's desk....and me....gods. I tried so hard to compose myself because I knew he'd ask why I laughed. Pressing my lips into a line as I turned around to face him and cleared my throat.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled as she looked from the desk to him and covered her mouth, trying to hide her reaction...

He thought for a minute and remembered the Shifter's desk in his office...he threw back his head laughing, pulling her into an embrace...laughing hard enough to draw tears as he kissed her, then looked at the desk and started laughing again....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am

I smiled as he began to laugh, and laugh really hard. I smiled and snickered watching him laugh. Were we thinking of the same thing? He couldn't....kissing me and then looking back at the desk as he laughed more. I cleared my throat, "What...what's so funny?" I asked him. Obviously we were not thinking of the same thing.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn took a deep breath, realizing they were laughing for different reasons...

He was still chuckling softly..."the....shifter....bar............the desk......"

Drawing in a deep breath with her this close filled his mind with her scent...bringing back the memory of his dream.....he looked in her eyes, loving the sparkle he saw there. He leaned in, kissing her deeply and slowly....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

I smiled and laughed with him more. "Oh right, yes of course. Sam's....desk." I said the word desk really low as I looked down and shook my head before looking back into his eyes. He smiled as his laugh faded, eyes locking on mine as he leaned in and kissed me. His hand sliding across my neck as I wrapped my arms around his.

I jumped up and wrapped my legs on his waist as he turned me and placed me on his desk. Gods this wasn't happening! His kisses became needed and desperate as I fought to get his clothes off and he did the same.

My fangs dropped as my eyes opened wide and I pulled away from his kiss realizing I was day dreaming. "God....." Was all I could say as I looked at him feeling so embarrassed. Great, thank you fang boner.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

Quinn saw that her eyes had glazed, and wondered what she was thinking of while they kissed..

Her eyes suddenly cleared as her fangs dropped. She pulled back and whispered "God"...and her expression spoke volumes...

"Jessica..."

Quinn moved close, running a finger along her cheek, smiling...

"You still have not learned...you do not have to be afraid of your nature with me..."

He ran a gentle finger along her cheek before tracing the shape of her fang....smiling...

"Beautiful...." was all he said...

He backed up and unbuttoned his shirt, tossing it over a chair, and stepped close again...

He took her face gently in his hands, bringing her mouth close to his chest...

"Just a taste, Jessica....like we did before....I want you to..."

He looked into her upturned eyes and she could read the consent in his expression...even anticipation...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

I watched him step back and take off his shirt, my eyes never leaving him. I couldn't feel my...anything. I swallowed and continued to watch as he tossed it over the chair. I blinked hard to be sure I was not hallucinating. Placing his hands on my cheeks as he brought my mouth closer to his chest.

"Just a taste, Jessica....like we did before....I want you to..."

Gods how much DID he trust me. I could barely trust myself, my control. I'd only just started practicing but knew he was telling me to bite in the muscle. It would have the same effect as earlier. I looked down at his pecks that was enticing me to bite. Looking into his eyes as he only showed consent. I could smell the faint fragrance of his excitement as I sank my fangs into his chest muscle. Taking a long pull of blood and then pulling away as the blood ran down his chest. Oh god was that hot. Pricking my finger to heal the puncture wounds as I licked my lips, then looked back into his eyes. Oh his blood was so delicious.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

Quinn watched with baited breath as the conflict flashed across her eyes...

As he felt her fangs pierce his skin, his head fell back, as the pleasure washed over him. The feeling of her drinking from his body was amazing as it washed through him. It was even better than the first time as she let herself drink a moment longer than before...

His eyes were glazed with pleasure as he saw her seal the bite...

He smiled, moving close and kissing her gently, tasting his blood on her lips....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 am

I could see and smell his pleasure as his eyes looked glazed with satisfaction. Moving closer to me as he kissed me, his tongue running slowly and softly across my lower lip to taste his blood. My breathing became heavier as he teased me. "Quinn....I can't....I can't stop." I admitted to him as I closed my eyes holding my hands to my sides, trying to regain control of myself.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 am

Quinn could smell her arousal, and could see the conflict in her movements and voice...

"You are stronger, My Princess..My Sweet Jessica!"

He looked directly toward her closed eyes and spoke slowly.

"You are strong, My Sweet Jessica. You are in control. Not the baser drives. There is no stronger instinct than your heart. Follow that heart and find your strength. I am here with you and trust you. You would no sooner do me harm than I would you."

He took her face in his hands again...

"I am not going anywhere. I have complete faith in you, My Jessica..."

He looked to her, hoping for some sign she could hear him and understand....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 am

I tensed my body up and focused hard, trying to compose myself. Why couldn't I admit to myself what was happening? He continued to say he had faith in me. I didn't have faith in myself from holding back to just kiss him all night long and never stop. Oh and so much more, to do so much more. To make him mine for the hours until sunrise. To delve myself into him and give him all of me. I leaned forward and rest my forehead against his bare chest, taking slow and steady breaths as my fangs disappeared.

"Being around you....it's not so easy to stop. Stop from...from....giving in." I said the last part as I looked into his eyes to show him my meaning.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 am

Quinn looked gently in her eyes, smiling as he read her meaning...

"My precious Jessica...do you think it is easy for me? I know what you are going through...how hard it is to hold back...to resist pinning you to the wall....to...."

He left the last bit hanging...hoping she would understand.

He looked deep into her eyes and spoke quietly.

"I said before that there is no stronger instinct than your heart. I meant that. The feelings I have for you are both my strength and my weakness. It would be so easy to give in...to just let things happen and not hold back...."

"This...."
    He ran his fingers across the point were she had fed from him, the blood on his skin streaking under his fingertips...

"...was as much a test for me as it was for you. If we want to make things last, we have to be strong enough to stop. We have to trust each other enough to allow things to happen, and stop when it is called for... We just proved we can do that."

He looked into her eys and smiled....

"You drank a bit more that time...and still had the strength and control to stop....gods did it feel good..."

His face flashed red a moment at that admission...

"Your nature, to me, is beautiful. It is a part of the wonderful experience of knowing you. I know and accept all of you...woman....beauty....vampire....."

"It will always be a part of us that we will have to take steps, but one of the greatest hurdles, we have already overcome. Your method of feeding from me...it gives us a great advantage..."

He leaned in, kissing her again, looking in her eyes the whole time....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 am

I listened to everything he said as I felt all the love he had for me, and feeling this strong hard feeling inside my chest. It almost....hurt. But it was nice. I bit my lip to fight the tears that threatened to fall as he said everything that I'd never heard before...not until him. So much meaning, so much care and love. Seeing his face brighten a bit at his admitting it felt good to be bitten I smiled. He accepted me...all of me. No doubt was in his mind about us, and he was sure about it. My eyes locked on his as he kissed me, I could have just melted right there. This feeling he gave me...I felt so.....alive. Normal. I was just a normal girl who was....with this normal man. He viewed me as a woman and that meant a lot to me. I wasn't just a silly girl. Once he pulled away to look into my eyes, a single red tear fell down my cheek. I had nothing to say only because I didn't know how.

"If you don't hold me together I might just fall. I want to sleep in your arms where I know I belong, where I know I feel safe and loved. I just want to feel you near me."

It was hard to admit that, just like he said we were each others weakness and strengths. An equal balance that I never thought I'd find. There was no doubt in my mind I had the control I needed to lay next to him in bed and just let him hold me.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

He smiled at her single tear, pulling a small handkerchief from his pocket, catching the tear before it falls, wiping away any trace...

"You never need ask. My arms are yours, as all of me is. I will hold you, even should the world fall, my arms will keep you safe...."

He leaned in for one more brief kiss, smiling as he looked into her eyes.

"We should get you to bed, princess...dawn approaches...."

He led her over to the recessed area by the fireplace, helping her step down into the piled pillows and blankets. He pulled her close, curling around her protectively...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

I followed him to the pillows by the fireplace as I sank down with him. "Uh...Quinn. Can I borrow a shirt?" I asked with a small grin. "Merlotte's shirt and jeans aren't exactly comfortable." I said looking down at what I wore.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

Quinn smiled and laughed as he pointed to a small package with a red bow next to the fireplace.

"I guess I can give you an early birthday present..."

He reached over, handing her the bundle, and watched as she opened it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 am