For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Call me when you're sober

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Call me when you're sober Empty Call me when you're sober

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I sat there for an hour trying to think of what to do, suddenly sober as ever. I don't know what I had to drink, what made me lose control so easily, or what had happened. Staring at them and shaking them did no good. I was trying to will to will them alive, to no success. Two dead male strippers in my bed. After having a shower to clean the blood from my body, I dressed in my jeans and a tank. Pacing the floor knowing I was in deep trouble. I didn't know the city so locating a chainsaw and location to hide the bodies was close to nill. I heard the main door open and my head snapped to the door as I went to peek. Bill! Oh he's gonna kill me. Better get it over with then.

"Hey, Bill. I--I uh...we....we have a problem."

He stumbled in with a silly smile on his face. Oh great.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Call me when you're sober Empty Re: Call me when you're sober

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

"We're walking in the air, We're floating in the moonlit sky...." the words slid of his grinning lips as he chuckled too himself as he fought to keep himself steady.

He felt as though his feet were not touching the ground as though he was walking in the air as he fought to keep Kiara wrapped in his arms as he stumbled down the hallway to his and Jessica's suite that they were staying in for their remaining days. Kiara had fallen silently into a gentle sleep as he reached their suite, using his free hand he opened the door which led to his bedroom through a small passage that bypassed the lounge in their suite. As he tripped over his own feet and fell forward, he had dropped Kiara as slowly as he could onto his bed, tucking her legs under the duvet.

With his mouth dry and parched, he was hungry, he wanted more of that blood that the waiters had been generously providing him, he wanted and needed more. He keep feeling the need to burst out into fits of giggles as he made his way towards his bedroom door, turning the handle as he walked into the lounge and saw Jessica.

"Hey, Bill. I--I uh...we....we have a problem." he couldn't help himself, he burst out into a fit of giggles.

"Houston.....We have a problem" he couldn't contain himself any longer as he sought out a seat and sank into it as he continued to giggle.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

My eyes widened as Bill giggled like a school girl on prom night. He was really....really drunk. Stumbling as he fell onto the chaise lounge and kicked up his feet. Oh this wouldn't be easy trying to get him to understand my urgency. I went over to stand in front of him, fiddling with my nails as I explained.

"I--I don't know what happened. I just...I well I thought about Jason and got angry, but then I couldn't stop and I....well I.....killed.....them." I said before looking up to see his face waiting for him to fly off the handle at my slip up. Well, this was way more than a slip. Here we were in King of Nevada's territory and I killed two humans who were in my bed dead.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

As he relaxed into the chaise lounge as put his feet onto the table in front of him as he continued to giggle to himself, everything that passed through his mind like a picture reel made him laugh even more. He looked at Jessica as she tried to get him focus, he tried to put on a serious face that he always displayed. He pressed his lips together firmly and tried to force back another fit of giggle and laughter that threatened to break through his barrier.

I--I don't know what happened. I just...I well I thought about Jason and got angry, but then I couldn't stop and I....well I.....killed.....them." she said with a serious look on her face.

"Y-You killed them?" he paused to really let it all sink in.

He stood up from the chaise lounge as walked over to Jessica as she looked on hesitantly, placing his hands on her shoulder he looked into her eyes and smiled brightly.

"I-I am so proud *he giggled* So proud of you Jessica.....You have made me so happy....Let's celebrate!" he began to dance on the spot as though music was being played into the room.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

I thought I had entered the twilight zone. Bill was celebrating and...and...DANCING because I killed two people. Oh yeah, this was so not reality. What the hell had he drank?!? I watched him dance and backed up as I went to the phone. Dialing room service as he danced around in his own little world singing a ridiculous sounding version of Katy Perry's firework, I heard the operator. "Yes, can you send me a pure donor. I need something to sober my maker up...uhm make that two. Yes, thank you." I stared as I had never seen Bill act this way. As much as I wanted to join him, I knew I couldn't celebrate what I'd done. It wasn't right.

The knock at the door broke me from watching Bill act a fool as they ushered in two donors. One male, one female. I pointed to Bill as they both smiled. I bit both of their wrists and looked at Bill. "Hungry?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm

"*singing* Boom, boom, boom. Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon. 'Cause baby you're a firework. Come on, show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh""

Bill continued to dance around the room, feeling this sudden burst of energy arise from out of no where from deep within him. He felt the need to go out and explore, he wanted to see the world, so find more of that blood. Whatever was in the blood that he had been given, he wanted to find more. He needed more, he would order some for when he was back home. He had never felt like this before, and he liked it....Liked it more than anything he could ever imagine. He wanted to stay like this forever and ever. He had never felt more alive than he did at this moment.

"Jessica....Let's go out, let's go out and explore the WORLD!" he was stopped in his tracks when the strong smell of blood his his nose, and he felt his hunger surge to the top, almost as though he could hear his stomach rumble.

"Hungry?" was all she said and he nodded.

As the female donor walked towards him, and started baring her neck at him, the hunger building up inside of him bubbled beneath the surface. Dropping his fangs he slid them in quickly into the female's neck as she let out an arousal gasp at the intrusion. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his body as she continued to let out quiet groans of pleasure as he continued to gulp large mouthfuls of her blood. He could hear her heart beginning to slow as he fought the urge to keep drinking, he withdrew his fangs from her neck as she slid into a chair next to Bill.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I watched as he fed from the woman and stopped just in time for her heart to continue beating. He'd taken quite a bit but his donor was still alive which was more than I could say about my magic strippers. Nothing magical about them anymore. I looked at the man who stood there waiting then back to Bill.

"Still hungry?" Really I was trying to see if he was still drunk. I examined his eyes and movements and waited for confirmation that he was sobering up.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

He was still hungry and he nodded to Jessica as the male donor moved to take the place of the female, as Bill slid his fangs into his neck and he let out a gasp as the female did as he fought to hide the pain that he was severely experiencing from being fed on on. Bill continued to take only small mouthfuls this time as he felt the giddiness that he was experiencing diminish, he was beginning to feel normal, the empty dark hole returned, and all the happiness that was feeling....was gone. As he withdrew his fangs from the male's neck, he stood up and walked away from him, turning his back on Jessica and the donor's.

"Thank you....That will be all" he said in almost a whisper.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I watched as the donors obeyed his order and left the room quietly, blood running down their neck. I looked at Bill who had his back to me and looked down thinking of what to say, wondering if he'd remembered what I told him just five minutes ago. I took one small step towards him and stopped, "Bill....I...." I had no clue what to say, figuring I'd wait to hear what he had to say first. He seemed to be back to the same old King Bill, and I didn't know if I rather Katy Perry Bill back or not. At least drunk Bill would be easier to talk to...I think. I waited to see what his reaction would be.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

He had waited until the donors had left the room and it was only he and Jessica in the room, he didn't know what too think or too say. Everything that he had done was all but a blur too him, what was it that blood? Was this Felipe's plan? To get rid of him in some mysterious accident? Felipe was a lot of things, but he doubted it would have been him, Victor Madden was involved somehow, he just couldn't figure out why? And why did he involve Jessica and Kiara. To get rid of them and then he would wish for the True Death himself? He turned to meet the worrying gaze from Jessica as he forced a smile onto his face.

"I am alright Jessica....I am back" if back is what he was, he wasn't too sure.

He turned to walk over towards Jessica and pulled her into a tight embrace and tried to calm her down and ran his hand through her hair.

"I will take care of everything sweetheart *he pulled back to look into her eyes* Trust me"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm

I heard him finally speak saying that he was okay and back to himself. I exhaled a sigh of relief, the felt him hug me and run his hand through my hair. "I will take care of everything sweetheart. Trust me." He said as he looked into my eyes. "Bill I....well I--It was an accident. I swear. I don't know what happened. I wasn't myself, I felt...drunk. But I don't know how that's possible." I rambled on and spoke so fast, I looked into his eyes and sighed, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm

"I'm so sorry." as she stared into him eyes.

"It was not your fault sweetheart. Our drinks were spiked. What you did was not your fault *he paused* I know who it was. But i do not want you to worry about anything. I will sort it. You do not need to be involved in this" he tried to quench any doubts in her mind that what she had done was her fault. The deaths of the two men...their blood was on Victor's hands, and he would pay for it.

"I need you to do something for me. I need you to stay with Kiara....Can you do that for me?" he asked, he had never asked something of Jessica, but he knew if he could not protect Kiara then he could trust her life with Jessica.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm

"Spiked? With what?" He said he'd explain it all later, but needed me to stay with Kiara. I nodded and looked at his door, not knowing she was here. "Y-Yeah, I can...is she okay?" I started to worry since the last time they had seen each other it wasn't exactly good. He nodded and said he had something to take care of. "Be careful Bill, Please."

I watched as he walked from the door and began to pace again, looking towards my door knowing there were corpses in there and not really wanting to enter. I decided to go wait in Bill's room with Kiara. Yeah, that would be best. Some trip to Vegas this turned out to be, that's for sure.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 pm

He couldn't answer that, he didn't know what their blood was spiked with. Was it only he and Jessica that had been affected? He had seen Northman here, was he affected also? As soon as they returned to Bon Temps, he would need to call a meeting with Eric to discuss what had happened to them all. This could lead to a unwanted war with Nevada, and with Louisiana not at its full strength they were sure to be defeated, he needed to step up and take the weight of Louisiana back on his shoulders. He needed too be King once again. To step up to the plate and show whomever wanted to take him out that he was not afraid.

"I do not know Jessica...But i will find out, you have my promise about that. And Kiara was...Kiara was caught in the crossfire. I need you to keep an eye on her please Jessica. Your the only one i trust her with." he almost pleaded. As Jessica nodded at acknowledgement.

"I have something to take care of, i need you to stay here. I shall come to you when I am back" Jessica nodded as she made her way into his bedroom to take care of Kiara.

He would have done it himself, but he was angry at himself for not being there for her when she needed him the most. As he continued to pace back and forth as he tried to figure out what he needed too do. He would do almost anything to protect Jessica, he would give anything to protect her. She had helped him through his darkness, now it was his turn to protect her. In Nevada he had some contacts that were not known by Felipe at least he hoped he didn't. As he pulled out cell and hit a speed dial number he sat down on the edge of the chaise lounge and put the cell to his ear and waited for answer.

"Hello" the stranger spoke into the phone.

"It's time I called in that favor"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm