For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

It's The Little Things

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

It's The Little Things Empty It's The Little Things

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah, if you don't mind, just put that over there. Thanks, hon. <She had finally finished getting the truck unloaded and the beer and TruBlood brought into the bar. Sam was home with a sick Luna; the poor thing, she had been sick for what felt like ages. She knew Sam worried about her, that he loved her more than he let on at times.> Thanks so much for your help, Terry. I don't know what I'd do without you. <stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on his cheek, smiling sweetly at him as he blushed> 'Awww, heck, Sookie. I ain't nothin' special. Just a regular old guy.' <she rolled her eyes> You, my darlin' Terry, are anything but that.

<he continued 'aww shucks' and blushing as she walked out of the backroom.> Jane, you look..... surprisingly nice today. <she laughed softly when she saw Jane sitting at her usual seat, drinking sweet tea instead of bourbon.> What's the occasion? <Jane stared at her with a blank look, then looked down at her sweet tea and laughed stupidly> 'Well. I don't right know, Sookie. I just felt like a change I reckon.' <she shook her head and laughed> Need a refill? <Jane nodded her head and went back to picking at her chili cheese fries.>

<Sookie moved behind the counter to get some fresh tea for Jane, bumping into Arlene and giving her a small smile> Hey Arlene, how's it going? <Arlene gave a tight lipped smile and nodded her head before slipping out from behind the counter> 'I'm fine, Sookie. Just fine. No more vampires in my life at the minute and I'm perfectly fine with that.' Though heavens knows she don't care. Married to a vampire. I bet old Adele Stackhouse is rolling over in her grave at the thought of it.

<Sookie stared at the woman that used to be her best friend and sighed as she handed the glass back to Jane.> Here ya go, Jane. <gave her a fake smile and went to get the next order. She was exhausted, having not been sleeping that well since she and Eric had gotten 'married'. It was all she could seem to think about. Therefore, she was having a harder time blocking thoughts from her head>

'She's crazier than a bed-bug. Marrying a vamper. If that girl had a brain cell in her head she would know that... that thing is just using her. Giving it out like a common street walker. She should be ashamed! <she rolled her eyes at Maxine's thoughts and just smiled as she handed her the hamburger with extra cheese and large fries.> Be careful with that, Ms. Fortenberry. Wouldn't want to mess up your figure. <put the plate in her outstretched hands roughly and turned on her heel to head back to Sam's office.> Arlene, I'm doing the books. If it gets too busy, call me. <she ignored Arlene's shrieks of anger and slammed the door to Sam's office behind her>

Sometimes I think it'd be better if I just got turned and said screw everybody. <tapped her pen against the desk and sighed before turning on Sam's ancient computer and started entering numbers from the previous nights. One good thing was happening though.... Since she had given Sam the money and he had made her partner, their numbers had gone up and they were slowly creeping out of the red>

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:18 pm