For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Long day... Even longer night....

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Long day... Even longer night.... Empty Long day... Even longer night....

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I have only been at work for like three hours now, and all I want to do is go home and sleep.

My day started at two this morning with the sound of Mikey crying like I ain't never heard him cry before. I jumped out of my bed and hurried to Mikey's room, only to see Coby was in there trying to 'take care of his little brother'. For heaven's sake, all I wanted was a good night's sleep, and Coby decides that he's going to get up in the middle of the night and wake up the whole house. In between me yellin' at Coby and him leaving to his room, Terry and Lisa had gotten up and were now standing in the doorway asking what was going on. I picked up Mikey to calm him down while Terry took Lisa and Coby back to bed.

"Is he going back to sleep?" Terry asked once he came back to the room.

"Of course not. What was Coby thinkin'?"

Terry shrugged, "He kept sayin' all he was doing was taking care of his baby brother."

"Yea," I said, sarcastically,"takin' care of his brother that didn't need taken care of!" I looked down at Mikey, eyes still wide open. "At least he's stopped that cryin'."

"Hey can I get some service over here!" A man's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. Do they think I'm the only one here able to get them a drink? Oh right...I'm the only one ever out here anymore.

I look over at Terry, manning the bar, looking just as tired as I look. Thankfully the kids are staying with the babysitter tonight. So, only six more hours to go, then it will be home and the comforts of our bed.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 pm