For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Back in Routine

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Back in Routine Empty Back in Routine

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Sam had a long night sleep after the flight home, sleeping so soundly. Luna back home in her own home. He said he'd fix up the trailer before giving cohabitation a try. He rolled out of bed and headed for the shower. Merlotte's would need to be opened soon to prep for lunch and he needed to get with Sookie on the books. Make sure everything was up to date. He smiled as he thought of Luna, his wife now. Still wondering if it were an actual legal marriage, but one thing was for sure, one day--she would be his legal wife. He knew it.

After he'd showered and shaved a bit of his five o'clock shadow, he was ready for the day. Dressed in his usual relaxed jeans and green Merlotte's t-shirt with his boots and large belt buckle. He headed into the bar and unlocked the front door for employees seeing Sookie and Arlene pull up. Lafayette had been waiting for him at the door, early for Lafayette was odd.

Once the prep had began and the cooking had started to make the bar smell of grease and great cooking, he was able to take a look at the books. He heard Sookie coming down the hall and knew it was perfect time to ask her if everything was ordered and ready.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Back in Routine Empty Re: Back in Routine

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 pm

No one is out to get you, Sookie. Just relax. <she could hear her Gram's voice in the back of her head, trying to calm her down as she freaked out slightly. Everywhere she went she could swear people were staring at her, every shadow was Vincent, every whisper on the wind were his footsteps coming up behind her. She looked over her shoulder again as she headed towards Sam's office; she needed to make sure that the books were straight since she had gone to Vegas and left Terry to do everything.>

<reached for the doorknob and pushed it open, stopping and squeaking when she saw Sam standing there. Laughed slightly shakily and shook her head at herself; really, she was being ridiculous.> Hey Sam. Welcome back! <she said softly as she put her sweater on the coat-rack and reached for the apron in her cubby.> How's Luna?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 pm

He flipped through the books and noticed Terry's signature on the deliveries from two days ago, looking up as Sookie entered the room. He smiled and was relieved to see she was okay and in one piece. Hearing her welcome him back he blinked a few times and wondered how she knew he'd went to Vegas. Catching himself before speaking, realizing he'd been taking care of Luna. How was Luna. Luna was married, maybe illegally too. He caught himself smiling at the thought of Luna his wife.

-She's feeling better. Lots better. Thanks. How are you? The books...are they up to date? Is everything ordered and stocked?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

<she raised a brow; Sam? Luna? Married? Vegas? Illegal? She sighed and looked over her shoulder again at the door> The books should be fine. I was in Vegas, for a bit. It was...... <shrugged and went to sit in the chair that she had deemed her own since becoming a partner of the bar> I'm glad Luna's okay. What's this about you guys being married? <she met his gaze and raised a brow, trying to smile, but unable to.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Sam dropped the book on his desk and leaned against it crossing his arms over his chest. Letting out a breath knowing she had heard his thoughts. Smiling as he shook his head.

-I know what you're gonna say. I had no right to follow you there. But I had to, I was worried about you Sook. Always mixed up in some kind of vampire business and putting your life in danger. I just had to be sure you were okay, but I got sidetracked. Luna came along and we....we got pretty drunk. All I remember is the next morning, we woke up married with a certificate signed by Elvis. Mr. and Mrs. Jones. I don't think its even legal here, especially using fake names. Don't get me wrong, I've always saw myself marrying her. I love her Sookie, I really do. But a shot gun wedding in Vegas? She deserves more.-

He watched as she took it all in, and wondered what had happened in Vegas, she seemed tense and jumpy. More than usual.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

<she sat staring at him as he spoke, not entirely taking it all in but not wanting him to think she was ignoring him either> I know you love her. I'd look into it though, about it being legal and all. I don't know how that works, especially with fake names. <she looked up at him, feeling her eyes start to tear up a little. Sam had always been her confidant, more of a brother to her than a boss even though he had hated that.> Did you at least have fun in Vegas? I mean, it's a huge place, ain't it? The lights and stuff.....

<she hadn't really had a chance to enjoy it. She had been locked up, bled and almost.... she shook her head and looked at the floor, fighting back tears> I didn't see much. Ya know, going with vamps and all.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

He sensed something was wrong, he could tell she was on the verge of tears. Something DID happen. Dropping his arms to his side as he went over to the chair she sat at and squat down placing a hand on her knee. -Sooks, what is it? Talk to me. What happened in Vegas? I know you're hiding something.- Looking into her eyes as he spoke gently to her, pushing for details of what had happened to her. He knew it was something because when he touched her knee she flinched at first. This wasn't Sookie, not at all.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

<her leg pulled away from him of its own accord, and she winced as it did so. This was Sam; he'd never hurt her, no matter how mad he was at her. Meeting his gaze, she sighed softly and shook her head as a tear fell down her cheek> I just.... I didn't have a good trip is all.

<how would he react to knowing that she had been bled and almost raped while she had been away? Would he go crazy? Look at her with pity? She didn't want pity; she wanted to forget that it had happened and continue on with her life. Oh, the paranoia would be nice to have gone too.> I'll be alright. Always am.

Now, about those books. Did Terry do them alright?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

His brows pulled together in concern. -Didn't have a good trip? Sookie, please tell me what happened. Did Eric hurt you?! Did he put your life in danger AGAIN?- A tear rolled down her cheek as he used his thumb to wipe it away. He hated seeing her hurt.

Sam shook his head and would not accept the I'll be alright speech. -Sookie, I won't ask you again, Please tell me what happened. I'll worry about the books later. Right now you have to tell me what's going on. I'm worried.- If something happened to her while he was in Vegas he'd kick himself for not making sure to keep an eye out for her.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

<she sighed and met his eyes again, knowing that she would probably feel a lot better if she were to talk about it> It wasn't Eric. I.... <she closed her eyes and tried to block out the memory, tell herself that it wasn't going to happen again.>

I was drugged. <swallowed thickly> And locked in a room at the hotel. Where they fed me tons of amazing food..... <her voice got quiet and she looked out the window that was across the office> Then they bled me and I was almost raped.

<she said the last part quickly, wanting to get it all out at once. After a moment of silence where she couldn't even begin to pick up what Sam was thinking because his mind was going in so many directions, really, really quickly, she chanced a glance at him> Say something.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Sam listened intently as she explained what happened in Vegas. He nodded, showing he was following. "Then they bled me and I was almost raped." His heart seemed to stop but he focused on the word almost. But Sookie was always almost raped, killed, hurt, kidnapped and all because of vampires and their damn vampire business always needing Sookie for. Inside he was fuming, outside he was almost blank, his mind going left and right and in so many directions at the news. "Say something." All he could do was swallow the lump in his throat and pull her close to him, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. Whispering so low by her ear, -I'm so sorry Sookie. I should have been there.-

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

<she shook her head, and a part of her sighed in relief at him wrapping his arms around her> Thank you. <He always made everything better, always made her feel safe. And he never wanted anything but the best for her. Another tear fell from her eye and she sniffled a little before pulling away and giving him a shaky smile.> You didn't have to be there. I'm fine, really. Eric...... Eric saved me. Victor drugged a lot of us and it was my decision to run off when I was less than sober. <she looked him in the eye and nodded> I'm okay though. Especially now that I'm home.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 pm

He thought about killing the vampire for even bringing her in that mess in the first place, but knew that if not for him, Sookie may be in worse condition. He rubbed her back before she pulled back and explained what happened with being drugged. He wiped her tears away again and gave her a gentle smile. -Sookie, I'm always here for you. Are you sure you can work today? Do you need a day to yourself?- He knew she must still be dealing with the aftermath of such an incident.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 pm

<shook her head> No, no, no. I'm not going back home yet. I need to work. Gotta get my mind off of it somehow, right? <smiled> What better way to do it than by serving a bunch of my favorite drunks their favorite drinks, listening to them think vulgar stuff about my rear-end and watch them make fools of themselves? <she winked at him and took a deep breath before standing from her chair.>

Thanks, Sam. Let's just.... wanna go over the books with me? <grinned at him, already feeling lots better than she had earlier. No one would mess with her here. While a lot of the patrons here may not particularly care for her, they wouldn't let nobody hurt another member of their community. And that was perfectly fine with her.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm