For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Meet You Under The Moon

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Meet You Under The Moon Empty Meet You Under The Moon

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm

I woke from my day sleep feeling...tired? If that was even possible. Once I was "asleep" I was basically dead. I know I can't toss and turn but when I was human and I'd feel like this in the morning it was only because I barely slept. And I felt like I had barely rested. No bleeds, thank god because they are messy, but I was restless. Maybe it was everything that was on my mind. My hand found my lips as I turned to see my ipod on repeat playing that same godforsaken song. I hit the off button and stood heading for the shower. I thought about meeting Quinn tonight and felt the knots forming in my stomach. What would I say? Should I act like nothing happened? Should I ask him what it all meant? The warm water rushed over my body and eliminated all the stress I'd been holding.

Once I was showered and dressed in my Merlotte's uniform, I gathered my hair into a clip on each side of my head and put a bit of make up on. Taking a deep breath and nodding in the mirror before grabbing my keys and phone and heading for my car.

Once I arrived seeing the parking lot full to the max, and Jason's unit parked out front I swallowed and closed my eyes. I had to work, I had a job to do. Maybe by the time my shift started he'd be gone. I headed around to the back of the bar and at the brush of the woods where the small pond was. Leaning against the tree and looking out into the stagnant waters as I waited for Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Meet You Under The Moon Empty Re: Meet You Under The Moon

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Quinn watched her approach, enjoying the way she moved. She did not seem to realize he was here already. Her scent carried on the air and made his head swim a bit. Fresh from the shower...very nice. He watched as she approached the tree he was resting in and even leaned against it. He smiled and reached behind him, gently lifting a single rose and dropping it to her feet. Looking down, smirking, he waited to her to realize where he was...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm

I looked down at my feet to see the rose on the ground and smiled. Stooping to pick it up and smell it as the fragrance assaulted my nose. Looking up into the tree as I spun around. "Quinn? Is that you? Roses don't grow on oak trees." I said with a laugh shaking my head. He was always so sweet and gentleman like. I could see him high on a branch as I stepped back and gave a small wave.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Quinn dropped from the tree, smiling. Stepping close, he looked into Jessica's eyes. He rested his hand on the trunk of the tree and grinned at her impishly. He leaned in a bit and drew a deep breath close to the nape of her neck, enjoying her sweet scent.

"Delicious....."

Quinn stepped back and smirked, motioning to a folding bench set up in the moonlight...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm

I smiled as he jumped from the tree landing on the balls of his feet, such a graceful landing. Well he was a tiger after all. He got close to me and I froze as he inhaled my scent. He commented on it and I shook my head. "Yeah, its cucumber melon." He motioned his hand to the bench that sat close by the bank of the water. The moonlight was the only light around under the canopy of the trees. The waters an ebony color as the moon shone on the surface. I sat down and placed the rose on the side of me, crossing my leg over the other. It was beginning to get cold but I still wore my black uniform shorts since the weather didn't affect me much, I was dead and all.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

He had to chuckle at her comment, since she knew that was not what he referred to...

"Let me know if you get close to shift time. No point in annoying Sam."

He moved over, sitting next to her, looking out to the water, leaving his hand in reach, but not touching her...

"Life can be strange sometime, Jessica. It can be cruel even. But it can also be kind..."

Quinn turned to look at her. Her hair was catching fire in the moonlight, and the movements of her.....breathing?....made it bounce slightly...

"Sometimes what we want the most is not meant to be....but it can be harder to let those things go than anything...."

He moved his hand to rest lightly on hers.

"Fate does have a kind streak though. When those things we most want are taken away...there is often a reason....though we might not know it at the time..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

I nodded and promised I would, as he sat next to me. My hands resting on my knee as I looked over at him as he stared into the waters and began to talk. My eyes followed his as I watched the small sways of the current. He spoke as I listened letting what he said sink in. It was like he was quoting Shakespeare or some really smart and wise person. My eyes looked down at his hand on mine as I bit my bottom lip and slowly looked back up to him.

"But...what if what you think is true, is only a mirage of something you wish it were?" Was I making any sense at all!
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Quinn quietly lifted his hand to her cheek, caressing it softly.

"The best way to test an illusion is to test it's merit. If it remains, it is no illusion. If it is gone, then you know."

He looked gently into her eyes and spoke in a whisper...

“Jessica, there's no point having wishes if you don't at least try to do them. When you take that chance, you are truly alive. Not in the physical sense, but in the spiritual."

Quinn slowly moved closer, a simple question in his eyes.....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

I looked into his eyes as he pressed his hand to my cheek. Finding myself leaning into his hand as I realized what I was doing and stopped. He continued to talk as I listened. It was like this pull to him I didn't understand. Could it be because I'd had his blood a few months ago? I thought that only worked with vampire blood. He spoke in almost a whisper, I was mere inches from his face. "Quinn...." My lips whispered into the silent night as I closed my eyes and pulled away from him, standing. Folding my arms across my chest to hold myself together. "Just when I think I have everything figured out...I realize I don't. I don't trust myself, I don't trust my feelings."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Quinn stepped close once again, resting his hands on her hips.

"Jessica, I understand your confusion. I feel the same. The only difference is that I am willing to trust fate. You say that you do not trust yourself right now....let me ask you one thing..."

Quinn looked directly into her eyes, seeking deep inside her for truth....

"Do....you...trust...me....?"

His hands flexed gentle on her hips as he waited for her answer...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm

When his hands touched my hips I almost flinched but didn't. The closer he came to me I could smell every emotion he had, it made his blood smell sweeter. He moved to the front of me and looked into my eyes as I looked up. His question made me bite my bottom lip and close my eyes. Sure, I trusted him, why wouldn't I? He'd never hurt me or had yet to. He was kind, he was gentle, he was polite. He was my friends ex-boyfriend with whom she had a sorted past with. My friend who still had feelings for Bill and there was no denying that since Vegas. "I...I" My words refused to come out of my mouth. Clearing my throat as I just nodded yes and looked down. "I do."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled, and held her, looking gently into her eyes.

"Then trust that I have no intention of causing you pain. We both know the feelings are there. Neither of us knows the depth of them, but there is only one way to find that out. That is to explore them."

Quinn took her face in his hands, kissing her deeply, drinking in her scent. After the kiss, he stepped back, looking into her eyes.

"We can take things slowly, and should in fact..."

Quinn smiled as he looked deeply into her eyes...

"We will take it as slow as you need to. You are worth waiting for..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm

He took my face into his hands and looked into my eyes. After he spoke, his lips crushed against mine kissing me deeply. My hands dropped to my sides and reached up to hold on to his arms. My eyes closed as I allowed his tongue entrance into my mouth. With one last peck of my lips he stepped back and looked into my eyes. I barely knew this man and didn't understand the connection I felt to him. Blood had deceived me once before and I refused to let it again. He said we could and should take things slowly. I nodded once without speaking. "How about we start with the basics. Who are you Johnathan Quinn? I only know vague details." His words meant so much more to me then he could ever imagine. I for once, was worth something.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled as he read her body language and could see her mood relaxing. He took her hands in his own...

"That will take a lot longer than we have tonight, Jessica. I am more than happy to tell you all, but for that we would need much more time. When is your next day off?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I smiled as he took my hands into his. Chuckling at his "more time" comment as I shook my head understanding. "Tomorrow night actually. That is if Arlene doesn't call in sick...again." I said with a laugh. I wanted to get to know him, see what it was that drew me to him. I refused to bite him, making sure it wasn't the blood. Funny how blood made you do crazy things.

"And what do we do....if all this is....is lust?" I asked as I looked up at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Quinn brought her hands up, kissing each in turn, looking into her eyes.

"I doubt that is the case, Jessica, but if it did turn out to be...then we would enjoy each other and understand where those feelings lead. There would be no shame or harm in it, we would simply enjoy what it would be."

Quinn pulled her close again, wrapping his arms around her, smiling and looking deep into her eyes.

"I am looking forward to the journey. To get things started, you know my name, and you know some about me. What you may not know if that I tend to prefer the company of Vampires....with a few exceptions..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I nodded. I knew he wasn't too fond of Bill because of what he'd done to Kiara and I that once when he was sorta crazy, but he was better now. That would take time I guess. I was curious about some of the scars I'd seen on his chest but always too afraid to ask. Maybe I'd save that question for later. The smell of musk and his cologne filled my nose as I closed my eyes when he pulled me closer, wrapping his huge arms around me. This is what it felt like to be held, to feel safe. With Jason it was always a fight about what I am. To hear him say that he preferred the company of vampires I smiled and looked up. "Well, I have to tell you that I prefer to drink....human....blood. And feeding from women is sometimes....weird. Jason doesn't like that fact."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Quinn chuckled, holding her close. It was nice to not have to worry about being gentle to avoid crushing her. She always seemed to improve his mood, no matter how dark it was.

"I have been around enough vampires that I can understand that. You probably prefer to feed directly from a donor as well, rather than stored blood. Just so I can plan ahead in case you visit the house...what is your preferred "vintage"?"

Quinn could not help but laugh at his own joke....gods her smile was beautiful. He leaned in, burying his face in her hair, drawing her scent in deeply...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I playfully ran a finger along his arm as I thought about his question and smirked. "Well yes, I do rather drink from the tap so to speak. What I prefer?" I said as my finger continued to trail his skin on his arm, across his shoulder and up his neck on the vein that throbbed. "I prefer something that smells good. I'm not picky, as long as the donor is a willing male." I grinned, "I hate fighting them, sometimes takes the fun out of it, but does make the blood taste different when they are afraid." My finger rubbing against the vein on his neck as I looked into his eyes. When he leaned in and nuzzled my neck taking in a deep breath I giggled.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Quinn raised his head, looking once again in her eyes.

"Then I will make sure we have several available for you to choose from. They can be given simple tasks to occupy them at the house when not needed. Varied diets and such, so you can choose which one smells good that day..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I nodded and smiled. "That's very considerate of you. I am really grateful that you care so much. So, can we get passed the elephant in the room? I told you about Jason and why...well why things are so screwed up. What happened with you and Kiara?" I hoped I wouldn't upset him but I needed to know why me? Of all the women this gorgeous man could have his choice of, he chose me. He liked me and found me attractive. Me?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Quinn sighed and led her back to the bench, checking his watch so she would not be late for her shift.

"Ok, without dragging you through the long sordid details, she and I have never really had a smooth relationship. Over time we have tried to make it work more than once...and it works for a little bit....but it always falls apart."

He wipes a tear from his eye and continues...

"Neither of us wanted to admit that it would not work. We both tried to hold on and force it to work out...I think this time we knew it was headed for disaster. My associations with Salome and the others within the Authority was a definitive rift between us. Those ties are long since dead but it destroyed the trust we once had..."

Quinn grew quiet and stared for a time into the water...

"so now we have cleared the "elephant" and can hopefully move on from it. I know you needed to ask. I know you have more questions...We still have some time before your shift..."

Quinn took her hand in his own, still looking into the water.

"Go ahead and ask, I will answer as well as I can..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

I listened closely to his story and found it sounded very similar to what I had with Hoyt and now what it seemed to be like with Jason. My heart went out to him because we were both so similar it was scary. Bill had once said he'd lived almost two hundred years and the love department was always touch and go, until he met Sookie and even that didn't work out. I used to think it was "mixed breed" relationships that were doomed. Like humans and vampires but now that I see even a were-tiger and a were-wolf couldn't make it work. Funny how life threw curve balls to anyone, no matter the race. I shifted in my seat still listening to him. One leg folded on the bench, the other placed on the ground as he took my hand in his and asked if I had more questions. With my free hand I reached up and touched one of the scars on his skin. "You said you had ties in the Authority. Like...Lilith? Is that were these scars are from?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Quinn threw back his head, laughing...

"No, sweet Jessica. These scars I earned in the pits. I was a fighter for a long time. My ties were more with Salome than the Authority as a whole. I was acting as her agent from the outside, in return for a future service she was to help me with. As for Lilith, I was at one time deceived into that mythology, but that was fleeting. The myths had been manipulated to seem to be more than what they were."

He chuckled softly...

"Every scar has a memory of a fight tied to it. A memory of a victory...all save for one..."

He moved her hand to a wide scar at his lower back, guiding her fingers along it...

"This one was from a vampire, one I had hoped to kill myself. He was unfortunately killed by another. He betrayed my trust long ago and attacked me, leaving me for dead. I do not like to speak his name, but I will have no secrets from you for he was killed by one you know..."

He looked directly into her eyes, his mood suddenly serious.

"His name was Russell Edgington...for that act,for killing him, I will owe a debt to your friend Eric for the extent of the time I breathe."

His eyes softened, and he smiled again.

"Now then, you must have more questions...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

I listened with seriousness as he told the stories of his scars. Each one meant something to him and he was not ashamed of them. I found that very honorable. He must have had something worth fighting for, and I respected that. He guided my fingers along the scar on his back as I looked down then back up to his eyes as he explained it. My eyes widened as he told the story of almost dying at the hands of a vampire. I swallowed thickly when he said the vampire was killed by someone I knew. At the mention of Russell's name I tensed up and felt a chill on my spine. The things that man did to my maker, to Jason. I nodded, knowing Eric would take full advantage of that when he wanted. I looked back out over the water and smiled. I hadn't had this kind of friendly talk with a man, not since Jason and I thought it would be a good idea to be friends with benefits. Fail.

"What are your favorite things?" I said turning my head back towards him as I grinned. "You know, color, show, music, movie?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:38 pm