For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Moving On

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Moving On Empty Moving On

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Kiara was driven home by one of her employees Max. He was a wolf like her, rugged and reliable. He kept giving her a look and when they pulled up to her house he followed her inside.
    “Um no offense boss but shouldn’t that tiger be tending to these wounds?” he asked as he helped her dress the nasty tear on her shoulder. Kiara chuckled, strangely unaffected by his mention of Quinn. “No Max. The tiger has moved on and I can’t be sitting around moping you know?” she said before hissing as he put some antiseptic on her wounds.
    “easy Max geez…” she said. He grinned. “You’re tough boss, hell my girlfriend freaks at the sight of a mouse” he said. They both chuckled before he kept dressing her wounds. “So what are you going to do now?” he asked her, and she knew he didn’t mean what she’d do currently.
    She shrugged “I think…I’ve focused too long on trying to find my place in this world Max. I think it’s time I help others find their happiness” she said softly. Max quirked a brow. “Wait… so you’re not going to try and get back with Quinn?” he asked. She shook her head. “I hurt him out of anger, trust me, me going back is the LAST thing either of us needs. I’m poison to him and he’s better off with a nice, sweet girl” she said. Max gave her an indignant look. “You’re a nice girl Boss” he said. Kiara shook her head “Trust me Max, I’m the furthest thing from nice. I’m a mutt, a mix that should have never happened and because of that I get others hurt. Besides… trying to rely on others has only backfired on me. I’m better off going at life solo. I can at least rely on myself to get out of a jam” she said with a grin.
    Max stood up once all her wounds were cleaned and bandaged. “But we’re wolves Boss, we’re not meant to be alone” he said. She shrugged “That may be, and maybe being alone may kill me, but it’s the one thing I know I’m good at. I tried this dating thing and it’s been one fiasco after another, theres only so many times the rat pulls the lever before it just sits back to lick its wounds” she said. Max shook his head. “You just need to find yourself a nice strong man, one who aint got all those issues” he said. She patted his shoulder. “Max… you’re a good guy but trust me, good guys don’t exist in my world. Now go home.. your shewolf is probably pissed at me for calling you over this late” she said. Max gave her a sheepish grin. “You’ll still call if you need me right Boss?” he asked. She nodded “Only because I enjoy bossing you around Max”
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Moving On Empty Re: Moving On

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Kiara walked over to where she'd placed the claw that Quinn had left on his final visit to her home. Sighing she slowly wrapped it in a leather jacket she'd once, long ago had meant to give to him but never did. Along with that she added a small box of special contacts her own company had developed.

They were still in the testing phase but she'd preformed the biggest test tonight and they worked. Worn, the contacts prevent a vampire from glamouring you by bouncing the waves of suggestion around the eye and back out of it before it reached any nerves leading to the brain. She figured Quinn would find those handy since he had a knack for killing vampires. Reaching for her phone she called over Vincent, Quinn's assistant.

"Hey Vincent this is Kiara. Do you mind stopping by my place? Quinn left a few valuables here and they should be returned...... huh? oh no he's not coming by here anymore and I would appreciate it if you didn't bother him with this... whats that? oh sure you can come over now" she said before she hung up. She went to her fridge to grab some juice before she thought better. She needed something stronger so she broke out the whiskey from her cabinet. Taking a large gulp and feeling it burn down her throat she looked at the leather package for Quinn. Like a final send off. Despite seeing him at the bar Quinn had been doing his level best to keep Jessica from interfering.

At a time past, she would have been jealous of Jess, hell even angry but now she felt nothing. Just one big void of indifference remained in the spot where her heart would be inclined to emotionally attach itself to someone. She figured she would also give a call to the woman in the card Bill had left. Clearly Victor was fixated on her and she wasn't about to drag Bill into another mess that would put a strain on his already fragile self control.

It took a good 30 minutes but soon enough Vincent showed up. Without a word she handed him the jacket, claw and box of contacts. He seemed on the verge of asking her something and she shook her head. "Please don't Vincent... just deliver these to your boss and say nothing more" she said. He had that look of wanting to shake her for her stupidity but in the end Vincent left, along with the last trace of Quinn's scent from her home. Closing and locking her door she returned to her whiskey, hoping it would grant her some sleep tonight.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 am