For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Being watched

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Being watched Empty Being watched

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 pm

The drive home from Fangtasia had me wondering if I was imagining things or if someone was watching me. I had the most eerie feeling when I was at the club. Daniel had left and so did my last interview. I shrugged it off to nothing, but things where definitely getting weird.

Things were too quiet lately. I don't know why my thoughts immediately went to Russell Edgington. Last I heard he was buried under cement, but something...was off. Real off. Or maybe I was just bored and hoping for some action.

I ran my fingers through my hair and continued on the highway home. Turning up the radio, it calmed my nerves a bit.

I turned in the drive and saw all the lights off. Eric was still out of town...or at Sookie's. I turned off the engine and slid out of my car, closing the door behind me. I armed the car and proceeded to head up the steps to the veranda. With my key in hand I slid it into the door as I smelled something. And heard a heartbeat. I turned and positioned myself defensively. My fangs dropped. "Who's there" I said into the darkness...someone was there, and if they didn't show themselves...they were going to be dinner.
    J.D. Herveaux
    J.D. Herveaux

Being watched Empty Re: Being watched

Post by J.D. Herveaux Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 pm

"Eric here?" <He said as he stood and walked into the moonlight. He saw the vampire was crotched and ready to spring. Holding his hands up to show he meant no harm, he cleared his throat.> "I, uh...work for him sometimes. And I need to speak with him soon. He around?"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I stood at the voice and realized it was just a were. One of Eric's minions who does odd jobs for him and doesn't ask questions. He looked a little familiar. As he came more into the light I recognized him as Alcide Herveaux's father...the gambler. Eric had gotten him out of trouble more times than I could count and that's probably why he was here. "No, actually. Eric is out of town. Sorry. You're lucky I waited...you were almost dinner." I made a face at the thought. Weres smelt funny. Their blood was pretty good, if you could get over that dog smell.
    J.D. Herveaux
    J.D. Herveaux

Post by J.D. Herveaux Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 pm

<He fumbled with his hat in his hands.> "Do you..uh....know when he'll be back. It's really important I speak with him very urgently." <He was nervous when around vampires. They were unpredictable and unstable at times, and from what he heard...this one was the worst. Bitch was an understatement. He needed a job..and preferably before next week. Or he'd lose his house. Alcide was already disappointed in him. They weren't speaking as of six months ago.>
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm

I rolled my eyes. "Look, like I said...he's not here. I can take a message. But I don't have all night." I was frustrated and wanted a hot bath and a massage. Maybe both at the same time...if Viktoria was home. A bottle of blood was calling my name and I was bored and irritated that this idiot would wait in the shadows to ask about Eric. Hasn't he heard of a damn cell phone. Oh wait, probably lost that gambling.
    J.D. Herveaux
    J.D. Herveaux

Post by J.D. Herveaux Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 pm

<He chuckled a bit> "Well, ma'am...the only message is really that I need another job....like yesterday. I need at least 60 grand and I don't want a loan. I need some kind of job. Do you have anything?"

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I growled a bit, then had a thought. "As a matter of fact...I just may. Call Fangtasia tomorrow and I'll tell you were to meet me." Without another word, I opened the door and went inside, shutting it behind me. I reached into my purse and pulled out the photo of Yvetta's "boyfriend". I knew just what he could do. I was going to find out who he was...and soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm