For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

What if I said?

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

What if I said? Empty What if I said?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 pm

I’d made it to Bill’s and the guards opened the gate to allow me in. I felt better that he wasn’t home, I wasn’t ready to continue our argument on how he thought I was not acting the way a progeny of Louisiana is supposed to act. The guard followed me in, closely. “I uh…I got it. I live here. I’m safe. Don’t worry.” He smiled a bit embarrassed and stepped back. Quinn was always one step ahead and it occurred to me he still worried about Victor and my safety. I smiled as I entered the mansion, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet. I rushed upstairs to my bedroom and gathered the things I thought I’d need. I had my ipod playing softly in the background as I placed everything neatly in a suitcase. My head popped up as a song played, my throat feeling as if it may close on me. I slowly walked around my bed and sat at the edge staring at the ipod playing Pandora radio, country music. I listened to the words and laid back on my bed, staring at the wooden canopy above me. Biting my bottom lip as I closed my eyes; Wow did that song say a lot.

What if I told you?
    What if I said that I love you?
    How would you feel?
    What would you think?
    What would we do?
    Do we dare to cross that line,
    Between your heart and mine?
    Or would I lose a friend,
    Or find a love that would never end?
    What if I said?

Oh, we've both had our share of loneliness.
    So who's to say that we can't have a little happiness?
    And if I found that in you,
    It would make my dreams come true.
    Or would you walk away?
    Hear what I have to say.

Could I say words I didn’t know the meaning to? Had I ever really been in love and what if….what if he didn’t feel that way. What if I read it all wrong? How would I know if what I was feeling was really lust….or….or…..love. There had to be a way to know the difference. I couldn’t ask Bill, I had no “girlfriends”, and Pam…well, she wouldn’t understand. My hand again went to the necklace around my neck as I sighed, feeling so confused by it all. Who could I talk to about this? I sat up and pursed my lips in thought.

Kiara.

Could she help me understand? She’d been in love before, maybe. I’d have to find a way to call her and speak to her, when Bill wasn’t around. She was my only and last hope at maybe ending all this confusion. I’d known this man for months now, only being his friend. So caught up in Jason and Bill’s craziness I never realized he’d left town for a while, until…..until a few weeks ago when he came back.

I've always wondered from the day we met
    What if I said…

I didn’t want it to be a ‘What if’ for the rest of my life, and I would have a long one. If I didn’t end up on the wrong end of a very sharp object, but the point was….I had to figure it out and I had to do it soon. Holly was right, he wouldn’t wait around for me forever.

~Crack~

I quickly stood and looked around the room. Taking a deep breath of the air and closing my eyes to listen closely. I could hear a heart beating, and it was close. Quickly opening my closet to see a were jump out and grab me by the throat with silver. I let out a scream as the silver seared my skin. Clawing at his eyes as someone else wrapped silver around my ankles. I could feel the rage boil over me as I let out a feral scream. “Hurry call Madden, tell him we got the Princess.”

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:58 am