For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Not just a Legend

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Not just a Legend Empty Not just a Legend

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Tara and Violet sat across from Pam in her office as they all counted receipts from the previous night. Things were beginning to get a little slow again. She rolled her eyes and sat back in her chair, crossing her leg over the other. "Eric will not be pleased. There has to be something to bring in business." She downed the last bit of her blood and licked her lips.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Not just a Legend Empty Re: Not just a Legend

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Listening to Pam talk about the business at Fangtasia, I try to think of things to help bring in more of these vampires and their whores. "You know..." I laugh, slightly, "it's just too bad Elvis is dead. NOW he would definitely bring in business in the town."
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Post by Violet Rose Asher Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

"Oh Tara, Don't I WISH! I Love Elvis' music! Holy Hell, can you imagine, he would have packed the whole club, standing room only and all that!" Taking a breath and Pam and Tara looked at her with a bit of a smirk and smile. "I know, I know" gently laughing, "I'm human, I need to breath once and a while when I talk; sorry just got caught up in a great 'What If?' moment." Smiling while shaking my head just a bit, sitting back so that the ladies could continue.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Pam let a sly grin cross her face, she had a secret. Listening to her progeny and good friend speak of Elvis-the King, she let them chatter and Violet get excited. Cocking a brow as she smirked, they both settled back down as she said blandly. "All done?" Violet's cheeks were rose colored as Tara rolled her eyes. "Good, now that we're done fan girl squeeing, it's a possibility this could work." Tara and Violet looked back at one another in confusion.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Looking at Violet, I am glad I'm not the only one that's lost at Pam's words. "What the fuck you mean this could work? Elvis died years ago...." I drift off, "...Right? Oh shit don't tell me..."
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Post by Violet Rose Asher Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

"Yeah right! OK Pam you know something that we don't?" Giggling and jumping out of my seat, I saw the sly look on Pam's face "Oh Holy Hell! Let me guess, the 'King' isn't dead after all and what you're friends with HIM?" Hands animated beyond my control with all the excitement and laughter. We hadn't had this much fun sitting around talking, even discussing business in a while, had to say it was refreshing.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

She shook her head and chuckled at their enthusiasm, having to admit it was a bit refreshing to see them both so....clueless. Taking her compact mirror from her desk drawer and her red lipstick as she looked in the mirror applying another coat. She began to tell the story.

"In August of 1977, the world mourned the loss of...Elvis Presley. I have to admit, even I liked some of his gyrating hips music. Apparently, many vampires enjoyed his music. As fate would have it the night he died, the medical examiner who took in his body realized he wasn't fully dead but on the very brink...."

She let her words trail off as they both sat there wide eyed and listening. "He just couldn't face the fact that Elvis would die, so he....brought him over, as we like to call it. Only....he didn't take to the vampire side as one may hope. Maybe it was the drugs in his system, maybe it was his blood or the fact that he was so close to death. We don't call him by his name anymore, he hates that. He likes to go by....Bubba. Just...Bubba." She grinned and waited for them to take it all in.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

All I can think at Pam's words is Holy shit. Realizing I said the words aloud, I say, "Elvis has been going around all these years as a fuckin' vampire, the thing a lot of his fans now would hate him to be, and calling himself Bubba." I stop for a second, looking at Pam as she raises a brow in mock humor, and shake my head. "This is crazy, but shit, he'll pack this bar, no doubt."
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Post by Violet Rose Asher Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

"Bubba huh? Who cares what his name is! He's still around!! Pam, please tell me that you can pull some strings and get him to come and sing?? EPIC, it would be just Fucking Epic!!" Excited by just the possibility of getting the 'King' no matter his name in Fangtasia, I began counting the door admission, which of course we could charge a small fortune, along with drinks. Pam eyed me with a wicked grin as I nodded "Of course I'm adding everything in my head already! If we could even get him for two nights, OH Holy Hell Pam, again it would be fucking Epic!!" Sitting down once again so that she could finish her tale, for I knew there was more to come, that sly grin, oh yeah, she knew someway or she'd have never mentioned it!
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Pam smirked and nodded. "Of course, I know just who to call. Now you two, scram...I have a call to make and the bar won't stock and clean itself." After they both left the room, giggling like school girls, talking and planning for the arrival of Bubba. She shook her head, she had to make it happen first. Pressing the number 3 on her phone as she waited to be connected with the CEO of EEE, John Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Quinn glanced at the caller ID on his phone as he was getting dressed..Pam...this could be interesting...

He hit the button for the speakerphone...

"This is Quinn...speak freely..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

"John....it's been a while." She said sarcastically, thinking back to when he barged in her club looking for Jessica. Interesting night to say the least. "I have a proposition. Business of course. When can schedule a meeting, this matter isn't to be discussed over the phone. You understand?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Quinn smiled as he buttoned his shirt, and chuckled...

"Of course, Pam...I am actually going to be back in Shreveport on other business tomorrow night and would be happy to swing by to have a friendly chat..."

He thought for a moment....

"I'll be by there an hour or two after dark..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

"That sounds fabulous, John. I'll be here." She hung up the phone with a smirk, and sat back in her chair. This was going to work in her favor, it always did.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:50 am