For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Lessons Learned

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Lessons Learned Empty Lessons Learned

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I opened my eyes and looked around; laying on my back on my bed as two men stared at me. It looked like they were both nervous as one paced and one had the phone in his hand texting someone. I groaned as they both looked at me. I felt…strong. The silver burned but not as bad as it had before. I could move my hands, even as the skin was burned it was somewhat tolerable. Deciding to test it out I concentrated on Quinn and pushed myself to fight. Pulling my hands apart as the chains seared my skin more, letting out a scream as the chains popped and fell from my hands. I grabbed the ones on my neck and threw them, same with the ones on my ankle. Standing as they both jumped back and held their hands out to me. “We were just doing our job! Don’t hurt us! PLEASE!”

Lessons Learned JessicaFangs

I growled and spin kicked one out cold, turned to face the other as I slowly walked to him with fangs bared. I jumped on him in the blink of an eye and sank my fangs into his neck. Pulling his blood into my mouth a fast speeds as he soon became limp in my arms and fell to the floor. It was sweet, his blood. I wanted more. Grabbing the unconscious one by the hair as I drained him as well. My head began to spin as I felt so full, too full. My Merlotte’s shirt full of blood, my body healed but really weak. I felt…drunk. Great.

I grabbed my phone and made my way down stairs to call for my guard, Zasha. I could barely see the numbers on my phone as it slipped from my hands. I grabbed the railing and closed my eyes. Okay, so obviously too much were blood will get you drunk. Lesson learned. I stumbled my way down the stairs slowly, occasionally falling. I finally made it to the door after what seemed like an hour and opened it to see no one outside. Quinn was off somewhere on business and if Victor sent people after me, there had to be some after him. I had to warn him before it was too late.

I found the large guard Quinn had hired to drive me on the ground next to the black car, he was knocked out. For a were the size of him it had to be something. Seeing the marks on his neck I could tell it looked like he was shocked with something. A taser maybe? I slapped his face a few times and his head lolled back and fourth. It was hard focusing as I kept blinking my eyes to clear my vision. I just wanted to…sleep. I managed somehow to pick his massive body up and stumble putting him in the car. I pat my pockets and realized my phone was inside somewhere. I leaned against the car and my head felt so heavy, as did my eyes. Sliding down to the ground as I placed my head in my hands. Just a rest…that’s all I needed. Just...a rest...

*************************************************************************************************

I felt someone shaking me as I whispered his name "Quinn? Qui--", my head lolling back and fourth as I slowly opened my hazy eyes. Blinking a few times to clear them; my head was pounding. Slowly sitting up and placing a hand to my head as I groaned. Zasha looked at me as he had the phone to his ear, I could hear Vincent on the other end. My eyes felt so heavy, I felt so...buzzed. Soon I was lifted and placed in the backseat where earlier I'd placed Zasha himself. "My stuff...upstairs." I told him as he nodded. "Yes, Miss Hamby."

A few minutes later I felt the car shake as he got in and started it, speeding away. I blinked slowly and then the blackness found me again.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am