For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Order up!

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Order up! Empty Order up!

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:55 pm

I was running 20 minutes late because Deputy Stackhouse couldn't take no for an answer and promised I wouldn't be late....secretly? I loved every minute and it was worth it. I didn't realize how long it would take me to earn the money I needed to pay my fines. I needed 1600 more. Maybe a second job might be my only solution.
    Bill offered to help me pay it, and I refused. Determined to show him I could do it on my own. I hope...

I walked into the bar and Sam looked at me sternly. Before he could speak I just smiled and shrugged mouthing "sorry".

please don't get fired...please don't get fired....please don't get fired!
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Order up! Empty Re: Order up!

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 pm

*I looked at Jessica with those "not again" eyes and she looked innocent as usual. I sighed as I continued to clean the glasses for the bar. I watched her run to my office to get her things. Shaking my head and knowing she was trying. Probably Stackhouse making her late again. He did the same thing with Dawn. Hopefully Jessica had a better outcome.
    I had been missing Luna something awful. She went to a teacher's conference in Houston and even though we talked every night and texted constantly, I wanted to hold her...to smell her. To run with her. Emma was staying with her Aunt. Glad to see Luna and her sister were talking again. The whole reason was that damn Marcus. Jessica came out from the back and I motioned for her to come to me.*

"Listen, I don't mind you bein' a little late every now and again, just don't make it a habit and we won't have a problem. Kay?"

*She nodded and looked defeated a little so I decided to cheer her up*
    "Nice work last night keeping your cool with Jane Bodehouse. Not many can." Remembering last nights scene made my chuckle and shake my head. "That damn Jane."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm

I nodded in agreement to his request. He started talking about Jane and last night's drama. I laughed too. "That woman needs some serious help." I said shaking my head. It brought a smile to my face to hear him tell me I did and was doing a good job. "Thanks, Sam." I turned and made my way to the pool table area to take drink orders.

"Hey fellas, what can I getcha to drink?"

One of the "ol boys" who work with Hoyt smirked evil and came closer to me. <You the one that was with Hoyt right? Jessica is it?> He looked back at his friends to cheer him on as I stepped back a little and licked my lips. Choosing my words closely. "Yes, I was. Why? What's it to you?" He looked all smug and drunk as he tapped his chin. <So you a vamper? How Hoyt got some-a that? You deserve a real man> I chuckled. "Yeah...I do. And I have one thanks. Guess you'll take milk? Little boy?" I turned to go back to the bar and just send Holly in for their order. I felt someone pinch my ass and thats all it took. I stopped myself and closed my eyes. I turned slowly and said calmly. "You do that again...and I promise you will pull back a bloody nub." I sped back to the bar to find Holly.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:28 pm

*I was watching the scene unfold and I knew Jessica could take care of herself, but it was her temper I was worried about. I inched my way around the bar and watched her handle herself gracefully. Hoyt was a very sensitive subject for her. I growled when the male made a contact with her and when she left to get Holly, I made my way over.* "What's happenin' fellas? There a problem?"
    *He looked me over, obviously drunk and said "nah, just havin' fun is all"* "Well, I think you've had enough fun for the night, so why don't you and your boys go on and head out for the night." {We ain't gotta leave!} "I say you do." {And just who are you?} "I'm the owner. And I said its time to go. Don't make me carry your ass out, cuz I will" {awe hell man. I ain't meant nothin by it, she just couldn't take a joke} "Well, either way, she's a lady and one of my employees and you don't touch any of em like that...understand? Now go on and get" *I said as I pointed to the door. He and his friends gathered their things and headed for the door. Making cat calls and kissing sounds in Jessica's direction. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:36 pm

I went to get Holly and then overheard Sam asking them if there was a problem. Holly and I watched as Sam stood up for me and kicked them out. Wow...Sam was my new hero. They left me with a sickening feeling having kissing noises and cat calls sent my way. It wasn't the type of attention you wanted. It was them being jerks. Sam came over to us and nodded once. I looked at Holly and smiled as she went back to her customers, I went over to Sam. "Hey, thanks a lot. That was really awesome of you to do for me."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm

*I smiled and shook my head* "It was nothing really. No man should treat a woman like that. Its rude." *I grabbed the towel and threw it over my shoulder as I turned to put the twenty in the register that Garret gave for his tab. Making change I turned back to the bar and handed it to him. "Have a good one." We were super slow tonight and I was considering closing early if we didn't get more customers. Holly was working and Jessica hadn't had a night off in two weeks. "Hey, why don't you go on home for the night. We barely busy, and I'm sure Holly can hang till closing. I may close early anyhow."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm

I squealed then acted normal with a huge grin. "Really?!" I turned to Holly who was coming up to the bar. "You sure you can handle it Holly?" She smiled and nodded <A coarse girl! Go on and get. You need a night off sometime!> I was beyond happy. "Oh, Sam! Thank you so much!" Then realization hit. I needed to make money and if I left, I would miss out on overtime pay. "But I can't...sorry. I still have a lot to earn, I need to work as much as possible."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 pm

*I looked down and thought about her dilemma.* "You got a deadline to earn this money? If not, then having a few nights off a week won't hurt. And any night you don't have plans you can come in and work overtime. But for tonight just go on home and relax, hang with Jason, do what girls your age do."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I bit my lip to control my excitement. He was right. I was never given a deadline, and If I did decide to get a second job, I would need nights off at Merlotte's sometimes. "You're right. Okay...I will. Thanks so much Sam!" Impulsively I ran up to him and gave him an awkward hug. Turning for his office to get my things and put away my apron, I pulled out my cell to call Jason. He would be excited.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:51 pm

*I chuckled and shook my head as she hurried off to my office. I pulled out my cell and checked to see if Luna had text me yet. I looked around and saw we only had 3 customers eating and one at the bar. "Last call for alcohol. Closing in twenty minutes folks." I went around to the kitchen to tell Terry to start closing the kitchen. I was in need of a run. I needed to get some air. I looked back at my phone and sent Luna a text. {Hey baby, if you call and I don't answer I'm going for a run. Miss and love you. -Sam}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 pm