For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Contracts and Bargains

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Contracts and Bargains Empty Contracts and Bargains

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Quinn smiled as he pulled back into Fangtasia's parking lot. The papers were ready and everything was moving along nicely. There were a few hiccups but nothing that could not be handled. Bubba always made things interesting and Quinn was looking forward to seeing Pam's reaction to some of Bubba's requests...

He got out of the sedan and walked into the club with the packet in hand...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Contracts and Bargains Empty Re: Contracts and Bargains

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm

One of the barmaids paged her office to let her know John Quinn was there to see her. "Send him in." She wondered if he'd been able to meet her request with "Bubba" and how much in the long run she'd earn or...lose. Sitting back in her chair as she waited for his distinctive knock, she sipped the glass of donor blood, a nice change.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm

He knocked as he walked through the open door, smiling as she sat there sipping what smelled like a fresh draw rather than her normal Royal. interesting....

He stepped up to the desk and opened the packet laying a stack of papers in front of her, keeping a small set in the packet and setting it on the chair next to where he sat.

"Everything comes to those with the right connections. There are a few details that might raise an eyebrow here and there, mainly related to our friend who will be visiting with us at the appointed time...."

He smiled and waited for her to read over the paperwork.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

He handed her the paperwork as she began to look over everything. Her brow raised at the specifications the "King" had made and grimaced a little. Shaking her head and placing the paperwork down to look at him. "Guess it's not just a rumor." She shuddered a little at his diet and swallowed her donor blood, thickly.

"Is there any other "specifications" we need to know about. I'm sure I can call your friend at Prima Vitae to supply these things, however it would be an interesting call to say the least." She smirked as she waited to hear the other stipulations, and how much this was going to cost.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

"Everything is laid out in the contracts, right down to transport requirements..."

He smirked at her comment about the cats...

"I would love to hear that phone call"

Quinn laughed, and picked up the packet, pulling out the small parchment with the hand written agreement on it. He laid it out, and laid an unusual looking pen on top of it.

"and now, for the other half of our agreement...."

He nodded toward the parchment and smiled...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Pam looked from the parchment paper and unique pen back to him. Raising both brows, "What am I selling my soul to the devil himself?" She teased as she tilted her head trying to wrap her head around what exactly is was he wanted. Sign a contract stating she "owed" him? Her face went blank as usual as she said in a dull voice, "Get to the point John."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Quinn could not help but laugh.....

"Everything is laid out in the contract, Pam. You have already agreed to it, the contract is simply something tangible so I can remind you of it, should it slip your mind..."

He smirked and waited for her to sign.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

She nodded once with a slight smirk. "Ah yes, our deal to owe you a favor. I do want you to know though, your idea of a favor and my idea of a favor better match." The last thing Pam wanted was to be used for a favor when it didn't suit her, but he did go out of his way. In Pam's mind that didn't matter though. She looked over the contract and chuckled a bit. "You are anything if not thorough John Quinn. I like that." Taking the pen in her hand as she signed in a loose cursive from the old world of England, her name. {Pamela De Beaufort} The signature glowed before it appeared in her blood. Interesting gadget. Handing him the pen back but holding it before letting it go. "I better not regret this deal, a vampire is a very bad enemy to have Johnathon." She said with sharp eyes to warn him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

"A deal is a deal, as the old saying goes, Pam...."

He folded the parchment and put both it and the completed contract for the event back in his packet and set them aside.

"I appreciate the 'warning', Pam...but I am not some kitten who gets queasy at the first sniff of an elder crapping in the woods. You have agreed to a comparable favor to the one used for your gain. That is all. The paperwork was more of a formality."

He held out his hand for the pen...

"I will keep you updated via text message on how things proceed. This will be an event to remember. That I am certain of."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

She sighed and rolled her eyes as she let the pen go. "Very well then John. I'll call Prima Vitae and set this up, I'm sure Miss Griffen will get a chuckle out of this request. We've asked for some things in the past, but never of this....magnitude." She trusted him, oddly enough. He had a reputation but little by little she was noticing a slight change in the man. Could it possibly have anything to do with his little princess, Jessica?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

"I'm sure it will not be the most unusual thing she has been asked for."

He chuckled and stood, but paused.

"I was wondering if you would like some company once in a while for the near future. Viktoria could use more social interaction and since the two of you already ~smirk~ know each other, perhaps you would enjoy her company while she gets used to the flow of things here in America?"

He watched her carefully for any reaction while he awaited her response...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Her face remained unchanged when he spoke her name. Viktoria. Inside however, it rattled her a bit. She could not and would not show him a thing. Remaining as calm and cool as before she said almost disinterested. "I have all the company I need here. We....go way back her and I. But uh, for now we'll keep it just as it is." As much as she wanted to see Viktoria again, she had to warn Tara that someone from her past was back. Her little hell cat would surely make it interesting, that was for sure.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

He watched carefully, but only her eyes shifted a little. Maybe he was reading too much into what he thought he had seen.

"Thank you anyway. I hope you do not mind if she comes to the club once in a while to relax."

He put the packet in his jacket and smiled...

"If there is nothing else, I have a good number of meetings to get to tonight. We wouldn't want to leave anything to chance..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

She stood and cleared her throat slightly at the thought of Viktoria showing up at any time to the club. Her long legs going all the way up to make a very nice ass of themselves, blinking once not to show any evidence of striking a nerve, she nodded and grinned. "You have a great night John, I appreciate your help in this matter. And as for your colleague, she's welcome anytime. Same as you and your......friend."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Quinn smirked and gave Pam a wink...

"Oh, she might be a bit more than that..."

Leaving that thought in the air, he turned and headed back out of her office and into the noise of the club.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

His little admission gave her slight pause as she raised both brows in shock. Well, well, how interesting that would be. Watching him leave with a smile on his face she shook her head. John Quinn, were-tiger and Jessica Hamby, progeny of Bill Compton. Now if that didn't spell out trouble, nothing did.

She took a seat and pressed the number 4 on speed dial and awaited answer from Prima Vitae. Picking up the diet specifications and showing disgust as she read over it. Once Kiara answered she grinned. "Miss Griffen, always a pleasure. I have an order to place....right. Are you ready? I have some vampire guests coming for a...party and need True Blood and the best donors you have, some of my guests are royalty. Also....*she swallowed and began* I have a special order. Tabby mostly, a few Egyptian breeds and Siamese for added flavor. As many as you can spare......yes, I am speaking of cats, as in the pet." Kiara sounded as if she laughed and Pam could only smirk. "Don't....ask." Interesting indeed. "Also, they need to be in good health. It's for my honored guest. I'd appreciate discreetness. Yes, thank you. Send the information to John Quinn during the day as he is handling the entertainment." She nodded as Kiara spoke, "Yes, that will be all. Thank you." Hanging up she sat the papers back down and sighed....oh Bubba. This better work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:09 am