For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Date Night

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Date Night Empty Date Night

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

I sat wrapped up in the blankets after almost draining my donor dry, rolling my eyes at how fast it took him to get weak. Biting my wrist to let him drink from me so he didn't die. I didn't need a dead donor on my hands or on Quinn's property. Vincent interrupted my thoughts as I stared into the fireplace sitting in silence.

"Miss Hamby, Mr. Quinn requested I give this to you." He handed me a box with a small red ribbon on top, a note card slid in the ribbon.
    I smiled and nodded as I took it from him and he turned to go. I opened the card first and read his perfect handwriting,

"To me, you mean the world..."

I ran my finger over the words and made a small sound of awe, before setting the card aside and opening the lid on the box. I gasped at the material and color, it was beautiful. I lifted it with my fingers and held it up in front of me. Setting it back down in the box and wrapping the sheet around me as I stood and made my way to the bathroom to get ready.

I used my body wash that smelled like sunflowers and lathered my pale white skin as I hummed. I was in such a good mood and I would get to see Elvis...well, Bubba sing tonight. Amazing! Humming 'Love me Tender' as I dipped my head back under the stream and rinsed my shampoo out. My hands running over my skin and to the spot he lost his control and bit me only making me smile more. As the water ran down my skin, I imagined his touch and shook my head trying to focus.

Wrapping a towel around my body after drying off, I grabbed the blow dryer and began to dry my hair as I combed the tangles out. I knew exactly the perfect hairstyle for the dress. Elegant and classy. After about ten minutes I had it perfected into a french twist. Applying my makeup and red lipstick, then dabbing some perfume on my neck and wrists I smiled at my reflection. Now time for the dress.

I grabbed a pair of powder blue strapless bra and panty set and slid them on then turned to the box and pulled the dress out. It went all the way down my long legs, with a large opening in the back, a strap that went across which was enough to cover my bra strap. A slit on the side of my leg that exposed just the right amount of skin. I stepped into the dress and pulled it up over my body and slid my arms into the sleeves. I felt so...elegant. Looking over my shoulder into the mirror as I checked my reflection, I smiled.

After pairing it with earrings and a necklace that he'd given me, I went back into the main room to wait for his arrival. Staring into the flames again as I thought about last night and how I prayed he had good news about his meeting with Bill, I heard the knob turn as I looked over my shoulder to see him, with a smile on my face.

Date Night 2i1nyf7
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Date Night Empty Re: Date Night

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Quinn smiled as he pulled into the garage. He was very pleased with the night so far...He climbed out of the pickup and headed inside....pausing before he entered, forcing himself to stop smiling, and dropped his shoulders...he was going to have fun with this...

He opened the door, and all plans fell to the floor, as his head swam with a wonderful cocktail of scents...Jessica had used the Sunflower he had left in her private shower. He grinned, as his entrance was frozen in place by the sight before him...

"Jessica?"

She looked amazing in that outfit....

"My god, you are beautiful...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm

I smiled and looked down at the dress I wore, running my hands along the front and turning to face him. "Thank you for the dress. It's beautiful. And...thank you for the compliment." I walked over to him with my shoulders straight, feeling confident. Placing a soft kiss on his lips as I stepped back and looked at him. "You look amazing in that suit, then again you always do." I said with a giggle. He made me feel like blushing. He stood there staring at me as I looked down and smiled bigger.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Quinn took a deep breath, drinking in the scents...both her own and the perfume she wore. the combination made his head swim...her lips pressing to his own brought him out of his musings...her giggle always sent ripples of happiness through his mind...

"I'm glad you liked the dress...now you truly look like a queen, my precious Jessica...."

He looked her over openly, smiling as he did...

"I was right...you look amazing in blue..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 pm

I grinned at his 'Queen' comment and did a small turn around to show him all of it, looking over my shoulder as I slowly turned, finally facing him again. "Thank you." I looked down at my hands nervously and asked the biggest question of the night. "How...how did the meeting with Bill go?" I'd been waiting for what seemed like all night to find out what had happened, seeing him standing in one piece assured me that there was no physical fight at least.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Quinn chuckled....and kissed her softly...

"Well...we were not fighting if that was what you expected...and to quote..."

He grinned at her and struck a serious pose, trying to copy Bill's stance.
    "Thank you John, it seems that I may have...mislaid my trust as you can see. Jessica is all that I have, I only want the best for her as you yourself know. And as to the fact that you are not human I am well aware John, but if you believe that you can make her happy. Then I see no reason to stand in your way"

He collapsed against the wall, laughing....

"Sorry...could not keep the expression up any longer...but the words were his own..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I smiled as he changed his expression and stance mocking Bill no doubt. I covered my mouth trying to suppress my laughter as he began to talk like Bill. I listened to his words and felt so much better knowing Bill had said he was okay with everything. I couldn't hold it anymore after he started laughing, so did I. "Nice impression, I just don't think he'd like it." I smiled and shook my head as I walked up to him as he leaned against the wall, looking into his eyes. "Now I have my father and my...." I let the words trail off not really knowing what to call him. Lover? Friend? Boyfriend? Tiger?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled...listening to her words....feeling where she was at a loss....chuckling...

"Yours....no title needed....simply yours..."

He was tempted to mention his joke with Bill to her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I smiled and nodded. "Mine....all mine." I kissed his lips and slid my tongue over his lips, parting them as I melted against him. My arms gently placed on his forearms. There was a taste, something different. I broke the kiss and looked in his eyes. "What is that? It's delicious. Blood? Why did you drink blood?" Now I was really really confused but wanted to kiss him again just for the taste.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn chuckled, remembering the drink he shared with Bill...

"We shared a toast to seal the deal, my sweet Jessica. The bottle was specially chosen so it was drinkable by vampires and non vampires alike...your "father" seemed to like it quite a bit...I seem to remember he had a fresh glass of it when I left..."

He smiled, chuckling softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her again...

"I picked it up especially for that meeting. AB+ True blood Royal. Your Maker's favorite, unless I was told incorrectly..."

He tugged her hips, pulling her against him, kissing her deeply...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Both of my brows shot up at the mention of a toast to seal the deal. Wow, you'd swear they made a business deal together or something. Every time he kissed me I had a hard time focusing as each one knocked down the focus. I nodded when he said it was his favorite only able to say "Mmhmm" before his lips were to mine again. I grabbed his shirt collar and kissed him back, then said against his lips. "We're gonna be late....."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Quinn chuckled...

"Then we should get going, Jessica. Zasha should have the limo out front by now. Shall we?"

He offered her his arm...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I inhaled deeply to calm myself before sliding my hand in the crook of his elbow and nodded. I felt just like in Pretty Woman when he took her to the opera for the first time, except for him paying me to be here. He didn't need to, and I wasn't a prostitute but I loved that movie. I let a slight chuckle exit my lips as I thought to myself while we walked down to the limo. He held the door open and everything, such a gentleman. I slid in and he joined me, as I placed a hand on his thigh and leaned my head on his shoulder. It couldn't get any better than this.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Quinn smiled as he looked into her eyes.

"You make me happier than I could even explain, my sweet Jessica. We can discuss more of my talk with your father sometime if you wish, but tonight is for us..."

He kissed her gently, then turned toward the driver...

"Shreveport, Zasha...Fangtasia club...and take your time..."

Quinn hit the switch to raise the divider as they pulled away from the house.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Once the divider went up, I cupped his cheek as he kissed me, tilting my head to the side and basking in his kisses. I could go on kissing him forever, and the taste on his lips was an added bonus. My heart felt so alive when I was with him, life had meaning...life had purpose. God or Fate, whoever was responsible....I thanked them over and over in my mind.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Quinn was simply enjoying their closeness when a sharp beeping began going off on his phone.

"I'm sorry, Jessica...I have to take this.."

Quinn pulled out his phone and tapped the screen, bringing up a long text message...as he read over the message, his smile melted away and he hit the button to lower the divider.

"Change of plans, Zasha. Get us to Fangtasia as soon as you can. Damn the tickets, just get us there."

He looked to Jessica, leaning close and whispering in her ear...

"There's a problem...Bubba has gone missing....time for me to go to work. Zasha will keep you safe if anything is going on...."

Quinn straightened up, adjusting his tie and pulled his phone back out, he began making calls ordering different people to tasks too numerous to track...

I nodded and straightened myself in the seat as he pulled his phone out and his face changing to serious. He told Zasha to get us there fast as I looked at him wondering what had happened. Leaning to my ear as he whispered.

"There's a problem...Bubba has gone missing....time for me to go to work. Zasha will keep you safe if anything is going on...."

My eyes widened and I had a million questions but knew he had to work. He adjusted his tie and began making calls sounding so business like it was such a complete turn on. Pathetic thy name is Jessica. I sat silent and wondered what could have happened to him. I feared the worst...what if Victor had something to do with this. I wondered if Bill knew or if I should call him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Quinn set the phone down for a minute, leaned in and kissed her deeply.

"I am sorry, but it looks like things might not go as planned tonight. You are at my side though, so nothing can upset me. I just have to get some things in motion before we arrive.."

He picked the phone back up, talking quickly into it...
    "I don't care if you have to.......yes, I mean check every vet clinic and shelter....no I am not kidding...yes....missing cats....anything....keep in contact...."

Quinn watched through the windshield, waiting to see the sign for Shreveport, hoping they could be of some help...

I smiled when he took the time to kiss me again and seem apologetic because of tonight. I shook my head. "Do what you must. Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can call?" He began talking in a stern voice to someone and I just sat next to him and ran my hand over his leg to calm him. We weren't far from Shreveport by this time and by the way Zasha was driving. If he was pulled over I'd glamour the officer, that I could do. Poor Bubba....what could have happened to him. A vampire being kidnapped didn't happen everyday, but he was important and considered rare. Victor had his name written all over it.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Quinn smiled when she offered to help and rested a hand on her knee, squeezing it while he talked on the phone. As he hung up from a call he smiled and turned to her.

"You being here is more than enough. You presence is helping me remain calm about this situation."

Quinn kissed her again and went back to calling people...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

I took his hand that rested on my knee and interlaced my fingers into his. He kissed me again and I sighed happily. He was so serious but still showed me love and affection. This man was simply amazing. I wanted to make it all go away for him and fix the problem but didn't know what I could do. He said being there was enough, so being there was what I'd do. I placed my other hand on top of his as I held his hand with my other and smiled at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

As the limo pulled into Fangtasia, quinn looked to the driver.

"Zasha. the box under the passenger seat, hand it back here."

Zasha handed back a small wooden box, which Quinn unlatched and opened revealing a pair of white silk opera gloves and a silver tipped wooden stake. He handed the gloves to Jessica...

"Put these on, Jessica...no questions...there is not time."

He pulled the stake from the box, setting the box aside and looked into Jessica's eyes.

"This stake is silver laced cyprus, and the tip is dipped pure silver. Don't handle it without the gloves..."

He kissed her softly, and whispered 'I'm sorry' as he got out of the car. He looked to the driver and barked, "Zasha. She stays here...Your life for hers...."

Quinn headed inside, his pace leaving no question to the urgency of the situation....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

I watched him open a small wooden box and look at him with concern, wondering what he was doing. He handed me a pair of silk white gloves and told me to put them on. "But Quinn---" He turned and pulled the stake from the box as I leaned back away from him, narrowing my eyes and feeling so confused.

"This stake is silver laced cyprus, and the tip is dipped pure silver. Don't handle it without the gloves..."

He kissed me and said he was sorry before getting out of the car before I could say anything. I looked from Zasha to him when he said his life for mine. Did he just order him to risk his life for me. "Qui---" Then he was gone. I held the stake in my gloved hand and ran a finger over the designs. Swallowing a lump in my throat as I worried about his safety. He'd be fine...he had to be. Everything would be okay. I looked up and out the window, staying where he asked I stay.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Quinn dialed Zasha from inside the club after getting what little information was known.

"Zasha, take Ms. Hamby home. Her choice which one. Make sure she stays safe. I will be busy for a while with another problem. Notify me when she is safely inside one of the homes, and stay at her side. She is your ONLY concern..."

Quinn sighed. he hated leaving her in the dark about things, but as chaotic as things were right now, he would rather that she be safe...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I looked up when Zasha picked up his phone and began to listen to someone, with vampire hearing I could tell it was Quinn. He had such concern and regret in his voice. Fear even. More than that...determination....to keep me safe at all costs. I would be fine, he was the one I worried about mostly. I gripped the stake tighter in my gloved hand and knew that if anyone hurt that man...I would personally torture then kill them. They would wish they never were born when I would be done with them.

"Where to Miss Hamby?"

I smiled and said, "Home. Quinn's home."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:30 am