For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Spies Rush In

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Spies Rush In Empty Spies Rush In

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

After Zasha drove me home informing me that Quinn had business to attend to and had to help in the search for the missing Bubba, I knew he wanted me home to be safe. Bill would be with Kiara and I was almost certain he'd been notified. I realized I was still holding the stake and decided to place it back in the box for safe keeping. Slipping the gloves off and draping them on top of the stake before closing the box and setting it on my lap. I watched the tights pass as he drove back to Bon Temp, heading for Quinn's place. I text Bill {I'm okay. Heard about Bubba. Will be at Quinn's while he's out looking. Are you and Kiara safe?}

I looked back out the window and felt a little disappointed I wouldn't get to hear Elv--Bubba sing. It would have been like our first real date in a way. I just hoped Bubba was okay. Bill's ringtone played and brought me back from my thoughts. I sighed in relief at his text {We are safe, Kiara is at the mansion. Remain in constant contact. Shall be in contact before sunrise, do not leave the safety of Quinn's home. I shall be sending guards} They were safe and now all I had to worry about was my tiger coming home safely.

He pulled into the drive that led to the estate, opened my door and helped me step out of the limo. It was then I caught the smell of vampire. New and old vampires and a few weres thrown in. "Inside now. Hurry." I grabbed his arm and ran towards the house, but we were too late. Zasha stood trying to protect me as I fumbled for the gloves and stake. It was knocked from my hands and fell to the ground with a thud. Jesus Christ, seriously!? We were surrounded. They looked like they were freshly made most of them, I counted a total of seven. "Where is John Quinn?" One of the older vampires asked. "I'm sorry who?" I decided to play the dumb card. He grinned and walked closer to me, I stayed straight faced and didn't show any fear. "Jonathon Quinn. This is his home is it not?" I smiled and tilted my head. "Oh right, Jonathon. He's out of town on business is there something I can do for you?" He just looked me up and down. "And who the hell are you?"

"I am Jessica, progeny of the King of Louisiana. I assume Victor Madden sent you?" I grinned and stepped closer to him, inches from his face as Zasha tensed up and braced for a fight. "What is it of your concern?" I chuckled. "Jonathon Quinn just happens to be a very important associate to the King of Louisiana. May I give him a message?" He nodded and grinned then looked back at his posse. "As a matter of fact you can, because you reek of Tiger." I ducked his first blow, but not the second when Zasha football tackled him to the ground and the other vampires and weres began chasing me.

Zasha was fighting half of them while the other half chased me, one grabbed my shoulder when I heard a ripping sound of fabric. I turned to glare at the baby vampire and growled. "THAT WAS NEW!" I took off my heels and held them in each hand waiting for him to come at me and remembering the training Quinn gave me. As he rushed at me I spun and kicked his chest seeing him fall to the ground, I jumped on him and used the sharp heel of my shoe, driving it straight into his chest. He exploded and his blood went all over me. I was pissed because more spies from Victor had shown, but more than that--I liked this dress. Now it was ruined. I stood and turned to see Zasha shift into his panther form and let out a feral growl as he ripped into a few vampires. The rest of them had disappeared but I knew it wasn't the last of them...not by a long shot. Four were still unaccounted for. He looked up at me as I approached and shifted back to human, I turned to allow him to cover himself. Seeing the gloves and stake on the ground under the limo, I reached and grabbed it not thinking and pulled back my hand on fire from the silver plated stake. "Aaagghh DAMMIT!" The wounds slowly began to heal and I grabbed the gloves and picked up the stake putting it back in its box and sighing. My heart plummeted when I thought about Quinn and if he was in danger of being attacked.

The sun would be rising soon. Zasha followed me into the estate and I closed and locked up. "Do not tell Quinn about any of this, understand?" I told Victor and Zasha as they looked at me and my appearance, covered in blood. There was no reason to have his focus off his task at hand. I was fine, everyone and everything was fine. He could not lose focus or his temper when I wasn't there to calm him. They both nodded, then I turned and headed for the shower before my day rest.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:52 am