For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Spies Who Tried

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

The Spies Who Tried Empty The Spies Who Tried

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

She had awoken and showered, finding Bill to be gone, but she figured he was off having a talk somewhere, probably with Quinn or Jessica. She had showered and had been downstairs making herself breakfast, although at this hour you could call it dinner when a knock at her door showed a delivery man with a dozen red roses. She had to chuckle. Bill had always been a romantic and it made her smile that he would be thoughtful enough to get her flowers.

After setting the roses aside and eating she figured she’d head over to the office and get some work done. As she stepped outside her home however something was amiss. There was a scent in the air that unnerved her. Instead of getting into her car she began to walk around the front premises. It wasn’t until she was about ¼ mile from her home that the scent hit her with full force. Vampires, young ones and very angry. She had enough time to turn around before one of them barreled into her full force. She kicked him off, the vampire snapping his jaws at her like he was a garbage disposer. She swore and got ready to fight, the 6 young vampires surrounding her in a circle.

Several kicks, growls and slashes later she was still being followed by 3 vampires as she ran full force down the road. She was kicking off her clothes in the process and managed to shift into her wolf form just as one of the vampires lunged for her. As a wolf she had greater speed and there was only one place she knew that would be able to help her. She only hoped the guards remembered her. She turned the corner, seeing the top of the Compton manor in the distance. One of the vampires tackled her, sinking its fangs into her shoulders. She howled loudly and banged into a tree, spinning and kicking, trying to buck off the vampire who latched onto her like an overzealous tick. She managed to shake it off, despite having a chunk of shoulder torn off. She kept on running, seeing the guards at the entrance. They all raised their weapons against her however one guard seemed to recognize her and at the last second halted the order to fire.

She leaped into the compound, rolling unto the ground and shifting back. Bleeding bruised and out of breath she pointed at the spot behind her. “Shoot dammit!” she shouted as the 3 vampires came out of the darkness. The guards didn’t hesitate and they shot, all of them armed with silver and wooden bullets. The 3 vampires exploded in mid air before one of the guards called into the manor, directing his call to Bill.

“Sir. We have Miss Griffen out here in the lawn. 3 vampires have been neutralized who seemed to be after her” he called as one of the guards took off his coat to cover up Kiara who was naked.

The guard who called in moved to carry Kiara inside while other guards seemed to appear out of nowhere, beefing up security around the perimeter.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

The Spies Who Tried Empty Re: The Spies Who Tried

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Bill was sat comfortably in his chair behind his desk, feeling calm, cool and collected. John Quinn had was no longer there, for which he was thankful. Although things had gone better than he had expected, although his remark about the future 'son-in-law' still weighed heavily on his mind. Vampire marriages were still illegal in the state of Louisiana, and it was something that he intended to follow, he had no quarrels with the legalization of vampire marriages, but the thought of John Quinn being married to his progeny sent shivers down his spine. It wasn't a thought that he cared too think about too much, a thought that he would rather not think about. His fingers ran up and down the champagne chute that John wad refilled before his leave, a blood with such a unique and delicious taste, almost intoxicating. Raising the glass to his lips to sample another taste, his cell phone rang, disturbing him from his relaxation. Sliding the glass onto his desk and answering his cell.

"Compton" he said directly and in a strong tone,

“Sir. We have Miss Griffen out here in the lawn. 3 vampires have been neutralized who seemed to be after her”

"Have her brought her immediately, and have more guards increased stationed at every entrance!" he flipped his cell phone closed as he raced from his chair to the front door, opening it just as one of his guards carried Kiara in his arms, cradled to his chest.

"Take her upstairs to the guest bedroom....and have Marie on standby"

"Yes your majesty" the guards replied with a strong rustled voice as he being to ascend the large staircase to the guest bedroom.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Kiara looked roughed up. The smell of vampire blood and dirt was all over her, along with the smell of her own blood. She was carried up to the guest bedroom, still wrapped up in one of the guard's coats.

The guards swept the grounds, some other employees having to work to remove the remains of the three dead vampires on the lawn. One of the guards came back to Bill, carrying three slightly bloody wallets.

"We retrieved these from the vampires sir... nothing but some simple ID's and a note with instructions as to what to do with Miss Griffen when confronted" he said.

The wallets did have some ID's, the vampires all of young ages. Aside from some money there was also a few receipts of bank transfers and a check from a bank in nevada made out to one of the dead vampires.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

"We retrieved these from the vampires sir... nothing but some simple ID's and a note with instructions as to what to do with Miss Griffen when confronted"

"Thank you. Have the guard increased around the estate, and I want a team prepped and ready and stationed at Ms Griffen's home immediately. I want updates of what you find, until then I want someone there. Now!" Bill ordered.

"Yes your majesty"

"Marie!" Bill shouted out into the hallway, a young woman who Bill had come to trust as a member of his day staff.

"Search out some of Ms Griffen's clothes from my personal quarters and have some refreshments and a solid meal prepped and prepared immediately"

She bowed slowly and knew to back out slowly a Bill was in a foul mood, the guard saluted Bill and took his leave, leaving Bill alone with Kiara laid on the guest bed that had once been her own private quarters when she lived in his home. Moving to sit down on the edge of the bed, he raised his wrist to mouth and sunk his fangs in, feeling his blood pool in his mouth, he lowered his bleeding wrist to Kiara's mouth and tried to help her swallow a few mouthfuls of his blood.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Kiara groaned. She vaguely registered that Bill was in the room and that he was trying to feed her his blood, which her mind told her was a bad thing. She shook her head, or manage to at least.

"No.....shoulder" she whimpered. At least his blood could heal the nasty tear on her shoulder where the vampire had latched unto her. The coat the guard had given her fell off, revealing the extent of her wounds. Aside from the open gash on her shoulder and the mild bruises on her arms and legs, she had a few scratches from running through the woods and was overall dirty.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 pm

"No.....shoulder" Bill withdrew his wrist from her mouth that had not taken in any of his blood, as the jacket lowered he saw the nasty tear on her shoulder. It would have been better for her to ingest his blood, it would work a lot faster.

"All you need is a mouthful, it will help" he spoke in a soft whisper.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She groaned again. Her head was still rattled from bashing herself into a tree. She didn't have the energy to fight him and part of her knew that if she ingested his blood she would heal. She looked at him through glassy eyes and surrendered.

"ok...." she said softly, more than anything she just wanted to soak in something warm and wash herself because she knew she was dirty and she didn't even want to fathom the smell.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 pm

He bit down harder into his wrist to make the wound a little larger and for the blood to flow more freely, feeling his blood pool again in his mouth as he lowered his wrist to her mouth and felt her latch onto his wrist as he felt his blood being pulled from his wrist.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She drank a bit of his blood, wincing as the skin began to knit itself and the bruises seemed to almost magically vanish from her skin. She pulled her lips back, now stained crimson before she drank anymore and became crazed from the blood. She could feel her sight focusing, her voice returning and the pain in her head dull and eventually vanish.

"Thank you....I...just didn't know where else to go"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm

He watched closely as her shoulder and her wound begin to stitch itself back together and heal leaving nothing but a light shade of red that would disappear in a few moments. His wrist now fully healed, all that was left was some blood that he wiped on his own jacket.

"What happened?.....I was planning on dropping by in a couple of hours?" he quizzed.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51 pm

She rubbed her eyes. "I... wanted to head into the office, get some work done, but these vampires were already headed to my house. I was only lucky I caught the scent early. I lead them off, but with 6 of them and only one of me... needless to say I was a tad outnumbered" she said with a small chuckle.

"I killed three, but the others were keeping their distance, so I headed here. I figured if anyone was armed to take out vampires from a distance it was your guard" she added.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"That was smart thinking, I have ordered a team to stationed at your home until the threat is no longer. If it had happened during the day there would have been nothing that I could do" he said in a soft whisper.

"It seems having your advantage saved your life sweetheart" he smiled sweetly at her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She smiled. "I'm getting slow... taking on 6 vampires shouldn't kick my ass like this" she said as she sat up. Her joints creaked but she wasn't in any pain and she seemed more alert than before.

"I can just...shower and be on my way, you're probably busy with...whatever it is kings do" she said with a teasing tone.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

He grinned "There is something I must attend too, but it shall not take me long...Sweetheart, I wish you to stay here with me....At least until the other perpetrators are caught...If you wish?" he asked. He could not protect her during the day, at least here she would be well guarded.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

She smiled. "Well....I do need to freshen up... " she said, figuring if her staying here would set his mind at ease then she could do that. Plus she really didn't want to go back home if more vampires were waiting ambush style.

"I'll stay... it'll give us both peace of mind"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

"Good. It shall allow me peace" he smirked at her "Marie?" he called out behind him. A young woman, with mid length chestnut hair and green eyes appeared behind him at the door to the guestroom.

"This is Marie. She shall be your contact during the day when I am not available. She has already been instructed to follow your orders *he turned to Marie and saw that she held a small pile of clothes in his arms. Extending his arm she walked slowly towards him and handed him the clothes* That will be all Marie. Thank you.

She bowed to him and turned to leave to carry on about her evening duties. Bill placed the clothes onto the bed next to Kiara.

"This is what was left over from...from your last stay" he smiled softly.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

She blinked and looked at the clothes. It all seemed like a lifetime ago. She working here, figuring it another job, developing feelings for Bill, but then he going all crazy and nearly killing her. She even remembered the exact moment when he'd had a closet made just for her and had filled it with all manner of clothing.

"I guess it beats walking around naked and giving your guards a show" she teased as she slowly stood, glad she wasn't feeling all dizzy nor feeling any ill effects from the vampire blood.

"I'll go clean up first...I'm tired of smelling like a literal dog"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

"I wouldn't know about the dog part" he chuckled "But I should allow you to freshen up my dear. I have something that requires my attention" he said, saddened that he would have stayed to join her, but there was something that did need his attention if he was too be free the rest of the evening.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

She nodded and smiled. "you know where to find me..." she said before she made her way to the bathroom. She now recalled the room as the old guest room she'd first stayed in so things weren't too alien for her.

Closing the door and stepping into the shower, the first burst of cool water felt like heaven. As the dirt and blood swirled down the drain she reached for a washcloth to scrub her body. Just rinsing her hair felt so good that she did it twice just because she could.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Bill could hear the sound of the water spraying against her body, distracting him from his task that needed too be done. Standing from the bed he turned to head down the grand staircase, and walking into his office. There he heard a beeping noise on his cell, an irritating beeping that would eventually drive him crazy. Reaching for his cell and flipping it open, a voicemail. Answering the voicemail, pressing the phone too his ear he listened, from Eric Northman,

"Bill, we have a problem. Bubba has gone missing. We know the re-repercussions if anything happens to him under our watch. I have Pam and Tara on the search" the phone went dead.

Great, so on top of all his problems with Victor, Felipe, John, and these vampires that were after Kiara. He never considered himself a man with stress, but with one more things was all he needed to be added to his problems. As King, he would feel the full force if anything happened to Bubba
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Kiara took a lengthy shower before she stepped out in a nice plush robe. She was towel drying her hair as she sat down on the bed. The manor was quiet, but she figured the guards were all outside and Bill was probably downstairs in his office. She put on some clothes; a nice soft blouse and a pair of loose shorts. With her hair damp but clean she let it loose in messy waves before she headed barefoot downstairs.

Just outside Bill's office door she could hear his sigh of distress. She knocked lightly before peeking in. "Everything alright Bill?" she asked, seeing him already pace around, running fingers through his hair.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Bill continued to think about what and who would have the motive to kidnap 'Bubba' or if he was indeed kidnapped. He was the most protected vampire in the states, and to humans he would be seen as an impersonator, but among the vampire world most knew different. He heard the door open and Kiara peaking through as he continued to pace back and forth in his office.

"Bubba....He's missing" his mind continuing to think of ways and means as to who or where he would go.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

She blinked. The infamous now known "Bubba" was a very high class celebrity. To think he was missing meant shit would hit the fan quickly.

"Well... Quinn and I are in charge of the venue and his diet, perhaps our employees can help look. As weres tracking is sort of our thing" she said as she walked up to him, hating seeing him so stressed.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

"That would be helpful...Thank you. But I want a few of my guards with you at all times that you leave the mansion. Times when I cannot be with you. I shall do what I can, but if i must leave you alone. I would like my guards to be at your disposal whilst during my absence sweetheart"

If anything happened to Bubba whilst in his state, it would be Bill that would pay the price for it, and he knew that.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 pm

She smiled. "I'll let my boys handle the tracking at night... I got my ass kicked enough for one day" she said as she reached behind him for the phone he'd just set down, purposely placing her body close to his.

"Let me make one call..." she said softly. "Try to relax a bit Bill...all that stress will kill you someday" she teased.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:33 am