For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Storms Brewing...

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Storms Brewing... Empty Storms Brewing...

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Quinn was just wrapping up with a conversation with several people at his desk when Jessica woke for the night. He had a large smile on his face.

"Excellent, gentlemen...keep up the surveillance and let me know if anything changes..."

He motioned to Vincent and a donor was brought in for Jessica, kneeling next to her patiently...his arms lifted as he tried to show off for her...

Storms Brewing... Bedrich_kneeling_03

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Storms Brewing... Empty Re: Storms Brewing...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

I opened my eyes and sat up in the empty bed. Voices coming from down the hall and I knew Quinn was busy. Vincent entered with a donor wearing only underwear and my eyes widened. The selections for meals were getting more and more interesting. He seemed to be praising me or something when I giggled and shook my head. Wrapping the sheet around me as I swung my legs over the bed and clicked my fangs down. Inhaling his scent I smelled something...different. Not a pleasant different. I retracted my fangs and shook my head. "No thank you. I'm not hungry. That will be all." Standing from the bed I walked over and grabbed my clothes as he left the room, Vincent looking at me puzzled. I just shrugged and smiled. Opening the closet and selecting a black dress for the evening. Quinn had mentioned Bubba being found and he would be performing tonight. My hair hung in loose curls and I decided to leave it. Walking towards Quinn's office I knocked on the door to make sure he wasn't still busy.

Storms Brewing... Wlavyu

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Quinn caught her scent right before he arrived, and looked up grinning...

His jaw dropped when she walked in wearing the black dress he had selected for her wardrobe....

"My god, you look stunning, Jessica."

He held out his arms to her, beckoning her close...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I smiled and looked down as I entered his office and took in the sight of him. The smell of his cologne mixed with the woodsy musk smell of his were nature. It was something that always drove me wild. I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug as I kissed his lips. "You have great taste."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Quinn inhaled deeply, burying his face in her hair and nuzzling her neck...

"I have good news..."

He rested his hand on a rolled chart and smiled.

"My hunters have had some luck in locating some of Victor's people. They have a camp set up to plan and supply their people. I thought when time allows, we might pay them a very....... aggressive.....visit...."

He flashed her an impish grin...

"I have something I need for you to do while I wrap things up here. I need you to take this information to Pam and the other's at Fangtasia. With Bubba back and setting up, that seems like the best place to find everyone. I'll catch up with you once I have settled things here..."

He motioned to an old book laying next to the chart...

"That is a text on the legends of the Succubus. I think that is what we are dealing with in that shapechanger. Bring that to Bill. I think, once you explain your experience and what you saw with your own eyes, that he will understand my thinking on this. He may have other thoughts, but at least he will have what I can supply."

He smiled at her and kissed her softly....

"As I said, I will join you as soon as I can..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I listened while he explained about the hunters he'd hired who tracked down more of Victor's people. I took the chart and nodded. He pointed to a book he'd been reading about succubus legends and knew what we might be up against. He kissed me but my worry still didn't go away.

"Haven't we proved many times that splitting up isn't a good idea. I'm worried about you. You're still hurt."

I knew it was pointless in trying to argue, he was stubborn. But I couldn't fathom anything happening to him and I not be able to help him. I tried to hide my fear, but I'm sure he could smell it. Looking down at my hands wondering how I could change his mind about this.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Quinn could read the concern on her face as plain as moonlight through a window...

"Relax, hon..I have twenty of my people outside, with an arsenal that could take out the military if needed."

He pulled up the blinds so she could see the dozen or so men and vehicles in the woods around them...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm

I shook my head. "Quinn if....if you...." I couldn't even say the words they scared me so much. I wrapped my arms around his back and pulled him to me, burying my face in his chest. Inhaling his scent deeply to calm myself as I stood there silent. I knew he would insist it had to be done, and I had to get Pam the information, Bill too. There really was no way around this....at all.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 pm

"Jessica..."

He held her chin in his hands, kissing her softly...

"..you know I would not let you out of my sight if it was not important. I do not trust anyone else with this task, it is too important...and I know you can hold your own..."

He grinned at her....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 pm

I closed my eyes when he pulled my chin up, feeling his lips touch mine gave me a small bit of reassurance. I opened my eyes and looked into his. "I know, and I will do as you ask. I just don't want to lose you. Promise me....just promise me you won't do anything stupid okay?" I smiled and moved my shoulders up in a small laugh. Kissing his lips once more, lingering longer than I had to before slowly pulling away. "I'll see you tonight. In one piece. Safe." I stepped back a little and smiled. "I love you."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Quinn smiled as she said those beautiful words...

"And I love you too, Jessica. You make my day brighter simply be being in it..."

Vincent stepped to his side and whispered in his ear...Quinn frowned and said something quietly to him and he left them alone again....

"Something wrong with tonight's meal, Jessica? I thought he might appeal to your tastes..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I smiled and looked down shifting my weight when he said I made his day brighter, hearing those words meant so much to me. More than he would know it. Vincent whispered in his ear and I smiled hearing him.

"Something wrong with tonight's meal, Jessica? I thought he might appeal to your tastes..."

I bit my bottom lip and looked around the room before my eyes landed on his, I smiled and tried to explain. "He smelled like medicine. That awful stuff I used to have to take when I had the flu. It was a weird smell." I shook my head not knowing how else to explain it. "Besides I wasn't hungry for what he had to offer." Smiling wider as I looked at Vincent then back to Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Quinn growled and pressed a call button. Vincent walked back over and waited...

"Screen the meal from tonight for toxins and steroids. If he comes back positive for either, have him driven to Hotshot and dumped there, naked. Her food is to be screened from now on, before it enters the doors..."

Vincent nodded and sent two men to retrieve the donor...and followed them back out the doors...

Quinn smiled to Jessica, unbuttoning his shirt and laying in on the desk, stepping in close to her, his skin flushing with anticipation...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 pm

My smile faded as he began to order Vincent to screen my meals from now on. "Quinn it's okay. Really." His anger was beginning to rise, before I knew it Vincent had left the room to go find the donor. I shook my head and smiled. My tiger....

He unbuttoned his shirt and laid it on the desk, stepping closer to me. I licked my lips and continued to smile as I walked forward, moving my hair aside and running a hand over his chest as I looked into his eyes. Cupping his neck I pulled him down gently as to not hurt his ribs. Kissing his lips and trailing kisses along his jaw to his neck. The vein pulsated under his olive skin. I licked the vein and it began to throb faster. My fangs came down with a click and I sank them into his neck, pulling twice knowing it was just enough to keep me satisfied without the drunk feeling. I pulled back and sealed his wounds while looking into his eyes, licking my lips from his excess blood.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Quinn felt the excitement even before her fangs touched his skin, but the pleasure washed over him as always, calming his temper and relaxing his body as she fed. As she pulled back, he pulled her into a deep kiss, tasting his own blood on her lips, smiling into her eyes...

"Now, my princess....my Jessica....we both have things to do..."

He walked over, pulling his shirt back on, and picked up the tablet, hitting a few items on it.

"Zasha is at the garage. He was told to let you pick your own car tonight...but he will still be driving."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 pm

He kissed me deeply and I forgot every worry I'd had moments before. His blood running through me giving me added strength and more love for him. I reluctantly smiled, hating to leave him but knew I must. He said I could pick my own car but Zasha still was to drive. I smiled wider. "My own car...interesting." I giggled and kissed his lips, backing away slowly with the chart in my hand knowing what I had to do, if only I could leave him. Inching my way to the door as I smiled at him.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Quinn laughed and tossed the book in her direction.

"Don't forget this..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 pm

I caught it mid-air and narrowed my eyes at him, controlling the impulse to run into him and kiss him refusing to leave. Before I lost control I sped out of there to find Zasha. Wondering what kind of selections of cars there were, but really my mind on Quinn's injuries and going look for Victor's people. I'd be checking my phone all night, that was certain.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Quinn waited until he heard Jessica and Zasha head out before doing anything else....

He walked out the garage door to where everyone had started to assemble.

"Ok everyone...we are going to go in a soften them up, then let the others join us for cleanup..."

Storms Brewing... Tumblr_md1jw7xPuR1rkuiqeo1_500

Quinn motioned to several of the groupings.

"Teams Alpha and Bravo, take the location by the river. Pound that area until it is clear. I will take echo with me to the mountains south of here. The rest of you have your assignments. Get to it."

He watched the dust trail fall from the car holding Jessica....

"Sorry, Jessica...but this score is personal....I hope you'll forgive me..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:02 pm