For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Something Isn't Right...

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Something Isn't Right... Empty Something Isn't Right...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Bubba had put on one amazing performance, I couldn't believe I'd been able to witness it. Everyone began to leave as I looked around for Quinn who never showed. My phone was blank with no calls or missed texts. Something was wrong. I decided to go to Bill's and make sure he got the book of information from Quinn about the succubus. Zasha drove as I text Quinn {Anything?} Zasha could sense my anxiety and tried to bring up the show that he watched from the back of the club. "Some singing huh?" I looked out the window and just nodded. I couldn't take my mind off of Quinn. He never called or text me which was odd. In the whole 25 minutes it took us to get back to Bon Temp, he never answered my text which shattered my hope right there. "Just stop at the gate." I told Zasha. Rolling down the window and speaking to the head guard Roger, I held the book out and explained. "Please give this to Bill when I leave. He has to get it as soon as possible. Tell him it's from John Quinn with information he needs and have him call Jessica when he gets it." Roger nodded and headed towards the mansion. I looked back at Zasha and told him to go back to Quinn's estate.

Once we pulled in, I got out of the car and closed my eyes smelling the air searching for his scent. I ignored Zasha's pleas to come inside and wait. I couldn't just wait. I was tired of waiting. The clutch I carried that matched my black dress held the stake and gloves Quinn had given me for protection. I touched the necklace that he gave me and closed my eyes. "Quinn, where are you?" I looked down and saw tire marks,deciding to follow them. Before Zasha could stop me I took off running, following the tracks.

Something Isn't Right... Empty Re: Something Isn't Right...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 pm

An hour later I was still searching. The tracks were a dead end as they led to the highway out of town. I was beginning to get frantic. Pacing the woods of Bon Temps as I tried to think. Right now a blood bond would be fantastic. I felt nothing, I couldn't sense anything. Clutching the necklace in my hand as I closed my eyes. "Jesus Christ tell me where to look, God give me some kind of sign! PLEASE!" I begged out loud. I checked my phone again and sighed. Looking into the dark sky as I felt like breaking down and crying, I noticed smoke. It was far into the distance but if I followed it I could find it. I remembered him saying there was a campsite. Please if there is a God, let that be it.

Running towards the smoke, I lost my heels so I could run faster. Within ten minutes I knew I was on the outskirts of town heading up towards Monroe. The smoke smell was invading my nose and way stronger than before so I was close. I closed my eyes and took a breath bracing myself for what I'd find. Coming from the woods and taking in the scene the smell hit me hard. Blood...lots and lots of blood. I covered my mouth and let out a small cry. Bodies covered the ground, some I recognized as being at Quinn's place a few times with the same tactical gear he had on earlier. I couldn't speak I could barely move. No one moved...The others I identified as being Victor's posse. Vampires, humans, weres. The numbers were high, I could barely see through the blood tears in my eyes. "Quinn?" I whispered and began to walk through the bodies. Stepping over each one and looking for a familiar face. My nightmares were coming true, my heart was breaking piece...by single piece. The tears fell from my eyes as fear crept up.

I jumped when I heard the sound of gunfire and a groan from a man. My head snapped up and I ran towards the sound. Hiding behind a large hummer sat Quinn leaned against the tire. Blood and dirt caking his face and body.I rushed to him and knelt down by him, wanting to touch him but so afraid to.

"T-tell me what to do, please? Are you hurt? Where? Let me help you!" I begged and pleaded with him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 pm

"Ugly brutes laid a trap. We didn't expect so many....too many..."

Quinn shook his head to clear it...he felt so tired....he drew a deep breath and immediately regretted it as his ribs sent fresh floods of pain through his body. His vision was clouding, but he saw Jessica...and the concern in her face.

"Thought we would run into some scouts, maybe settle a few numbers...nothing like......there were so many..."

Quinn slumped a bit, trying to clear his head, but all that shaking it did was remind him of the dizziness that he felt come and go...

"My men.....so many lost.....so fast....."

Quinn looked up to Jessica....tears of anguish in his eyes...his skin was pale....

"I love you Jessica....I'm sorry I didn't tell you..."

He could feel himself losing consciousness and tried to fight it, shifting weight and gaining reminders of a dozen other injuries...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm

He spoke with a broken and raspy voice as he fought through the pain. My heart sinking into the lowest depths of myself seeing him like this. I heard the sounds of his lungs and ribs when he inhaled...that sound could only mean something really bad. I thought about what to do for him, what could I do? Seeing the tears in his eyes as he spoke of his men only brought more tears to mine. "Shhh..." I shook my head so he didn't speak.

"I love you Jessica....I'm sorry I didn't tell you..."

The anguish in his face was heartbreaking. His heart rate was slow and I could tell by the look in his eyes he was losing consciousness.

"I love you too, don't....do not apologize to me. I have to get you up. We have to get out of here Quinn. I'm going to have to move you."

Before I could touch him, I caught the sound of twigs breaking under someones weight. I snapped my head and stood as I looked around. I felt someone on my back as I screamed out and fell to the ground dropping my clutch with the stake.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Quinn saw a dark shape pull Jessica from his view. He heard the struggle and shook his head, trying to get a moment of clarity. He raised the pistol and fired, trying more to distract than anything else. A sharp his told him he had at least come close. His arm dropped, his hand going slack as the gun fell from his hand...

"Jessica..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 am

I heard the gun go off and the faint sound of Quinn whisper my name, his breathing coming ragged. I rolled over and used all my strength as I jabbed my elbow into his rib cage. He groaned and let his arms fall off of me. I grabbed his wrists and held them to the ground with my knees, while reaching for a combat knife nearby. Stabbing the silver part through one of his wrists as he screamed out. "You just messed with the wrong vampire!" I said as my fangs scraped my bottom lip. I rushed to my clutch and grabbed one glove and slipped it on before grabbing the stake. He was struggling with his wrist and trying to free himself as I approached wanting to inflict slow painful torture, my darkness coming to the surface as my fear and love for Quinn pushed it back down under control. I didn't have the time to give him the pain I wanted. My main priority was Quinn and getting him to safety as I placed my knee on his chest and looked him in his eyes seeing and smelling the fear he had. Slamming the stake into his chest as he screamed and exploded, his chest smoking from the silver of the stake. I dropped it and rushed back to Quinn.

"Come on, we have to get out of here...now." He was so weak by this point. I took the gun from his arm and tossed it in the window of the hummer. The keys were in the ignition already. I bit my lip and knew I had to move him. "Brace yourself okay." I said before I moved him a little to get behind him and lift him under his arms. He had many ribs broken from the sound of it, no telling what else. I lifted his body over my back and quickly opened the door, silently thanking God I was a vampire. I backed up until I knew he was by the seat and laid him down, pulling the handle to lay the seat back. Closing the door and rushing to the other side, fumbling with the keys. I had to think, where was the nearest hospital?!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 am