For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Darkness Wins

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Darkness Wins Empty Darkness Wins

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I ran through the darkened alley chasing him down with a smile on my face. His breath coming in labored pants as his pace continued to slow slightly. I could have caught him five miles back, but the chase was much more fun. I giggled and he pleaded as he ran with heaving breaths. "Please....please don't hurt me! You can have my money...my blood....please!" I stopped running and grinned. With a large bound I was now standing in front of him. Grabbing him by the neck and tossing him against the brick wall of an old building in downtown New Orleans. His back meeting the building left a loud thud in my ears. A few ribs were now broken or fractured and it only made me happier. He slumped to the ground and spit blood. The metallic smell entered my nose as my fangs dropped. He whimpered and held his chest as he struggled to stand, but failed. I walked over wearing my heels and leather outfit, something I'd taken pleasure in wearing on my hunts.

Darkness Wins Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdRtJNaAZDSszeesGUAPqxfmYqMUzJILhcLq2U-oVS-G7gFOXQCA

I stooped down and grabbed his shirt, picking him up slightly and looking into his eyes. "Well don't you smell delicious." I ran my tongue next to his lip to taste his blood. "It'll do." The copper taste lingering on my lips. I pushed him back down and placed a foot on his chest. "I like to play with my food...so here's what we're gonna do..." I grinned and pressed the ball of my foot in his chest, hearing another crack. He screamed out in pain and I shook my head. "Big baby...that was just a rib." With the blink of an eye I rammed my dagger along his side and retrieved the rib I broke. Licking the blood from the bone as tried to scream but couldn't because his lung had been punctured. "You're lucky we're in public...otherwise, I'd really have fun with you." His eyes were glossy as he tried to move but couldn't catch his breath. "Tsk tsk tsk..."

I had been doing this for the greater part of twenty years, ever since I lost Quinn. It was my worst fear come true. He became older and I didn't. We had many great years together until the day....until the day he died in my arms. I was almost 80 in vampire years, and when I lost him...something in me changed. The darkness took hold and I become cold and uncaring. Bill had been staked a few years back in the big battle between Vampires and Weres. I had no one left, no one compared to my maker and Quinn.

I shook my head from my thoughts, the tears wanted to fall but I swore I'd never cry another tear again, not after Quinn. I took the rib and slammed it down into his throat as he gurgled and his eyes stayed open as he took his last dying half breath. I was no longer hungry......

My eyes opened and I sat up fast. The bed was empty, my face stained with tears. I ran my fingers across my face and saw the crimson. I'd been crying in my sleep. I gasped and rushed to the bathroom before Quinn could see me like this.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:52 am