For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  Empty Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 am

"LEAVE THE BOY ALONE BETTY...HE'S SLEEPING, HE DON'T WANT YOU DISTURBING HIM!"

"YOUR HUSH YOUR MOUTH NOW GEORGE, HE IS A GROWING MAN AND HE NEEDS A GOOD HEARTY MEAL INSIDE HIM"

"WHERE IS MY BREAKFAST?"

"IT'S IN THE FRIDGE GEORGE"

"IN THE FRIDGE? *pauses* THERE IS NOTHING IN THE FRIDGE BETTY"

"IT'S IN THE FRIDGE AT THE STORE, MAKE IT YOURSELF, YOU GOT ARMS AND LEGS. USE THEM!"

"YES DEAR"

Hoyt Fortenberry lay across his bed as his eyes fluttered open as an eye watering yawn claimed him, his arms stretched above his head as the muscles in his arm flexed as his sight became more clear. He sat up straight in his bed bare chested as he wore a pair of checkered red bed pants. He had heard the very loud broadcast-ed conversation between Mr and Mrs Hamilton, a smirk crossed his face as this had become a very regular thing in the last few days since he had stayed in this motel.

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  Jim_parrack9

Mrs Hamilton had treated Hoyt as though he was her own, their only child Daryl had been 'Special Operations Medical Sergeant' in the US Army, he had been killed two years ago in a road side bomb accident. In the last few days, Hoyt had become close to the elderly couple. Hoyt pulled back the blankets as he swung his legs from the bed, as he stretched again, scanning to the clock, it read 8:27am. Letting another yawn consume him, he stood from his bed and waddled across the room to the bathroom, flicking on the light, he went to go about his daily morning duty.

Flushing the toilet as he finished, he switched on the shower and watched as the steam filled the room, peeling himself of his pants he stepped into the showering water, letting it wash down his broad back as he groaned at the temperature change. Throwing his head back to let the water splash on his face, as his hand sought out a bottle of shower gel, squeezing some onto his hand as he started to massage the gel across his chest, his hand cupping round his neck as he groaned again, enjoying the warmth from the water. Bubbles lathering in his hand as he spread it further across his chest, around his shoulders, down his stomach just above his hair line, the water washing away his sleep as his hands ran through his matted hair. He groaned again as the water did not stay very warm, his mind casting to the beauty of Amy Lee Williams as he be-grudgingly turned the shower off as the water had become a lot cooler.

He reached out in search of a towel, finding one he stepped out of the shower as he wrapped it around his waist, water trickling down his chest, running his hand through his hair to relieve it of any water. Striding across the room, he opened a drawer and pulled out a pair of pale blue jeans and a dark red top, laying them across the bed as he proceeded to dry himself and then dress himself.

"HOYT DEAR, YOUR BREAKFAST IS READY" Betty yelled softly from outside his door.

"Coming Mrs Hamilton" Hoyt replied back with a cheery grin, he had come too see Mrs Hamilton and her husband as a friend, their motel was small with six rooms and they had been empty since Hoyt had arrived in Anchorage a few days ago now.

Staring into the mirror to make sure he was dressed suitably, he opened his door, locking it behind him, he walked down the small hallway to the small restaurant area, where Mrs Hamilton excelled in food presentation. As he pulled out his chair as he heard the spluttering cough of Mr Hamilton.

"M-morning there son" his words spluttering against his cough.

"Good morning Mr Hamilton" Hoyt smiled softly as his as he took his seat opposite Hoyt across the breakfast table.

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  826933_portrait_of_elderly_man_in_cowboy_hat_1

"Did you sleep well ma boy?" Mr Hamilton smiled.

"Yes sir, I slept fine" Hoyt grinned back.

"Now what I told you about calling me sir? It's George, none of that Sir or Mr crap. Just plain ole George" George coughed again.

"Yes George" Hoyt smiled.

"There ain't nothing wrong with a boy who has good manner's George"

His stomach grumbled at the sight of the food that he was being served.

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCXRCcxuN30cJJdj56lkR0g742mLs2G-3iIzTsyPG8qdgNwuDy7FxNyMzXA

His mouth watered, as he could smell blueberry pancakes and maple syrup, just like the way his mama used to make them when he was little. As Mrs Hamilton placed the large plate of blueberry pancakes on the table and a large jug of what smelled like Maple syrup on the table, there was a battling match of his and George's stomach rumbling in contest.

"Thank you Mrs..." he watched as Mrs Hamilton placed her arms firmly on her waist and gave Hoyt a 'remember what i told you look' "Thank you Betty" he finished off.

"Your very welcome Hoyt" Betty beamed back at him.

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  Elderly-woman

"You remind me so much of my Daryl, you would have liked him" Betty smirked, trying to hold back her sadness.

"I am sure I would have" Hoyt offered a soft smile at her.

"It's his birthday today, he would have been 28 today" Betty smiled as she sat down between Hoyt and her husband.

"He sounds like a good man, I would have loved to have met him" Hoyt smiled.

"He was a good boy, he loved his mama and papa. He made us very proud of him, we miss him so much. He would have been home this year for Christmas" she quietly sobbed.

"Betty, he fought for his country, he was a good boy, he did what he thought was right. We should be proud for what he did, not cry, but be happy he did this to make us proud" George smiled as he forced a false smile on his face, trying to hide his sadness, and failing.

"That's right, now tuck in before your pancakes get cold" Betty sniffled into her handkerchief and George scooped a small stack of pancakes onto his plate as Hoyt did the same, he subtly watched Betty from the corner of his eye as he caught her staring into the corner, where a corner table stood, and a picture of her son Daryl Hamilton in his US Army uniform, smiling proudly as his picture was took.

Happy Birthday Daryl Hamilton  Pizap_10

"Happy Birthday Daryl" she smiled before using her fork, she picked up a few pancakes onto her plate and poured a small drizzle of maple syrup onto her pancakes.

Hoyt could see how the pain of loosing their son to the war in Iraq had affected them both, but he could see how proud there were of their son, and what he did for his country, still it couldn't keep away the pain of loosing their only child, all they had was each other, they had no other children or living family. He could only hope that by being here in Anchorage, that he could make his mama proud of him, and not the nuisance of a son that she claimed him too be.

Glancing around at the picture again, he smiled softly.

"Happy birthday Daryl" he smiled before returning to his breakfast.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:48 pm