For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Good Morning!

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Good Morning! Empty Good Morning!

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I grinned as I opened my eyes, my alarm going off earlier than usual. It was only 7 a.m. but today I’d act somewhat normal. My nights having been busy the last couple months, but so…so very worth it. Starbucks caramel frappuccino was calling my name. I thought I deserved it after last nights victory, even making it home before sunrise. It was getting easier to function on a few hours sleep. Getting up from my bed I stretched and winced at the small pain in my chest, last nights job had been a challenging one but nothing I couldn’t handle. He was lucky he only got one shot in, after that…he said good night for good. Stupid fangers.

Shaking my head, I rose from the bed and tried to ignore the pain heading straight to a shower. I had one last night to remove the blood from my body, but I still felt like its filth was on me, contaminating my skin. Once I was under the fall of the water, closing my eyes as it washed over me, running down my bare skin. After that I felt renewed again. Throwing on my comfortable clothes, I grabbed my keys and cell and headed out the door for a trip to Starbucks.

Good Morning! Tumblr_m1xg7fM2KH1qh6tx2o1_500

The streets of Shreveport always busy this time of the morning as everyone rushed off to work and school. Daylight was my favorite time of the day, at least then you didn’t have to see or worry about the “living dead” or whatever they wanted to be called. After ordering my frappuccino, I took a seat at a table and enjoyed a bagel to go with. So warm…my eyes closing in enjoyment as I ate my meal in peace.

{Beep Beep}

Looking down at my cell, a special text had been sent as I looked up from my phone.

[Tonight, 8 Bon Temps. New Mark]

I smiled and continued to eat my bagel, planning in my head my weapons of choice for tonight’s assignment.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 pm