For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Do Unto Others

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Do Unto Others Empty Do Unto Others

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 pm

People have always asked me why I am so nice, all it does is lead to heartache and tears, some people have even called me a pushover. My mama and daddy always taught me to do unto others as I would have done to me. But, sometimes I do wonder does it really make me any better than them? All they want is not to get ate up in this crazy world, isn't that all I want, too? Or am I looking for something different? I honestly do not know how much different I am from anybody else. Sure, maybe I could be tougher in this world. Maybe if I was not such "a softie" I wouldn't be laying here with my head in my mama's lap and crying my eyes out.

Do Unto Others Tbs3e1-22

Sometimes I wonder if people make life hard on me because of what I am. All I want is to fit in, and even though nobody really knows that I can turn into just about any animal I want anytime I want, I keep feeling like everybody knows.

I wipe off my tears, and look at my mama when I sit up. "I think..." I trail off.

"Need some fresh air, sweetheart?" She smiles, knowingly. How do mama's always seem to know everything? I nod my head yes, and mama offers to go with me if I would like company, but I don't right now. I walk out to our back yard, private so none of our nosy neighbors can see when we shift. I breathe in the fresh air, and in seconds I am a beautiful blue Bird of Paradise, flying through the trees.

Do Unto Others Blue-bird-of-paradise

I first seen the bird when we went on a "world-tour" type vacation. We went to a few different countries, and when we went to the rainforest and I seen all the birds, especially the Bird of Paradise, I knew I found a "home" animal to shift into. The only thing about turning into an animal from a different country is that I have to take care in staying hidden from sight of the people here.

Flying through the wooded area behind the house my daddy built when him and mama got married all I can think is one thing: things gotta change. I don't know how, but they just gotta.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 am