For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Shit I forgot!

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Shit I forgot! Empty Shit I forgot!

Post by Eric Northman Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 am

Ginger came into the office and delivered the mail as usual. Eric had dropped off Sookie at work and was now at fangtasia. He still had a few catalogs to go through but firs the mail. He sat down and opened up the envelopes. Bills as usual, oh Tru Vitae’s catalog, he’d give that a look later. Lastly there was a strange looking envelope. It had no return address, but it did have a wax seal on the back with a large “O” as the monogram. He didn’t know anyone who still used wax seals unless Bill had gone all renaissance on him.

Shit I forgot! Bzmub

As he began to peel off the seal he caught a whiff of something…. Something familiar but not. Puzzled he finally extracted an ornate letter written in bold red and on parchment. Whoever this was must be some really old vampire.

“Viking,

Your year is up. I gave you a reprieve due to your new king and an even longer repieve because of your troubles with the authority. Yes I know all about those. But now the time of reckoning has come and I will take this matter to your king if I must. I seek a marriage of position and I shall take you as king of my lands. You will renounce your ties to Louisiana as sheriff and move yourself, your property and your progeny to the territories of Oklahoma.

I expect your response in 5 days time. If your response is not favorable I will take matters with your King.

Queen of Oklahoma”

Shit I forgot! W05kwm

Eric’s stomach sank. He’d honestly forgotten about the queen’s marriage proposal. Well it wasn’t a proposal it was more of an order. Because he was just a sheriff he couldn’t outright decline her proposal. And it didn’t matter that by vampire law he was married to Sookie. Since she wasn’t a vampire she couldn’t stake her claim over him. Dammit. He had no interest in being married for political reasons. The Queen of Oklahoma was younger than him in vampire years, but in social status she was higher than him. If he said no she’d go to Bill and then Bill could order him to marry her. Knowing Bill this could be the way to get rid of him permanently.

He paused. Bill had asked him to keep an eye on him, in case the whole Lilith thing got out of hand. Bill now had vested interest in keeping Eric in the state. The problem now was Sookie finding out. The Queen didn’t know he was married to her so she wouldn’t blab, but knowing Pam she’d LOVE to rub this in Sookie’s face. Looking at the letter he debated burning it, but if push came to shove he’d have to show evidence to Bill of the Queen’s intentions.

So instead he put the letter and envelope inside the sealed box he kept in his office, a box only he had the key too. If all went well, he’d address this with Bill in a few days time and prepare him for the queen’s ploy.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 am