For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

REALLY?? NOW?

Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

REALLY?? NOW? Empty REALLY?? NOW?

Post by Violet Rose Asher Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 am

The message on my homes answering machine had literally made my stomach drop, as dread flooded my veins with each work spoken, the hair on the back of my neck standing at full attention. That voice, the one who should have not dared to ever be heard again, spoke as casually as though they were close friends, when they were anything but…. {Message} Hey Vi, it's Greg. I've got some business in both Shreveport and New Orleans, will be in town tomorrow, staying at the Dorchester, thought I'd stop by to say hello at your work. Looking forward to seeing you, take care Sweet…. Beep {End Message}.

Physically ill at the sound of his voice, praying he wouldn't dare show his face at Fangtasia. Not really sure if I'd shoot him on principal or not. I'd been the one who'd ended things, him not bothering to tell me he was married until after I'd fallen for him. I'd never told anyone about him, he'd been my one rebound from Terry. How could I? I was ashamed of the fact, though I didn't know it at the time, that he was married to a wonderfully kind woman with two beautiful children. The fact that I'd gone from Terry to 'Greg' was appalling to me. The greatest high to the lowest of low. It had happened almost a year after Terry's death, and I'd still grieved for him greatly, in came Mr. Suave, with his compliments, nice suit and handsome air about him. After three weeks of his constant attendance at Fangtasia, I'd relented to have a drink with him at the Dorchester, which had led to a nightcap, and then to the bedroom. The affair, fling, relationship had lasted almost a year, though mainly kind of in secret. Two months in, he's started to get violent...at first I thought it was kind of just rough housing around...till a closed fist punch to the ribs knocked the hell out of me. He'd always apologize, saying he was being over zealous, that work was stressing him out, that he was jealous and suspicious about all the men around at work. Was I messing around on him? He'd always show with flowers, my favorite chocolates, and a huge French Vanilla Latte' along with beneigs from NOLA. Everything would be fine again for a couple of weeks, then it would start up again. Then it would be dinner, someplace really nice, sometimes a show or movie, nightcap and his bed. I'd wanted to badly to have what I did with Terry, but realized that Greg was nothing like Terry, he was a selfish bastard who'd lied to me thee entire time. He was at the Dorechester due to business in both town and New Orleans, his family lived in Mississippi. I know this, because he took me on a week long vacation along the shore of the gulf and then spent the weekend at their house. The moment we arrived back into Shreveport I told him to go to hell, that he'd never touch me again, and he'd better not even think about calling or contacting me. I didn't carry my Glock on me back then, guess that was kind of lucky for him, but that was then, now, my life was totally different. I had Daniel, Fantasia, friends and a life that I loved. I would do ANYTHING to protect that life!!

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:13 am