For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Three Nights

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Three Nights Empty Three Nights

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 am

Three nights now....Three nights in a row that Hoyt Fortenberry had been having very vivid dream of the waitress at Merlotte's...Jessica Hamby. He knew that the first time they had met when he visited the bar alone and ordered a beer and a bowl of hos steaming Gumbo. He could even remember what he had ordered that night, he had a really good memory, at least Hoyt thought he did. He could remember being bullied in school, he didn't have very many friends except Rene when he got together with Arlene, but he turned out to be a serial killer, killing everyone who went with vampires. He didn't have a problem with vampires, he had never really spent time with one, and they never bothered him. But this Jessica Hamby was a vampire, he did ask his mama if she ever talked to her about him, and of course she did, she told him how proud she was of him and of course his name. So maybe it was true, that she knew who he was from his mama's big mouth, he yawned loudly and glanced at the clock on his bedside table, it was just after 3:19am in the morning and he needed some sleep.

Settling down into his bed, wrapping the blanket around him, his eye becoming heavy as they fell closed, and not long after that all that could be heard was Hoyt's snoring as he fell into a deep sleep, dreaming...

~Dream Sequence~

Hoyt was sat alone in his booth, slowly drinking his beer as he sat quietly, it was a slow night at Merlotte's, the usual for a Monday night. The only waitresses on was Arlene, Sam was behind the bar serving and he could hear Lafayette singing along to the radio that blasted from the kitchen. Nothing but the usual for tonight. That was until he looked up and saw a girl.

Three Nights Images10

He took a much needed breath as he watched the girl sit down in the empty booth opposite him, he couldn't take his eyes of her, she was the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen come into Merlotte's.

Go talk to her....She might be waiting for someone...You won't know until you ask her...Go talk to her! You might not get the chance to meet a pretty girl

He debated in a hushed whisper to himself, and he stood from the booth, leaving his half filled empty bottle of beer on the table, and slowly walked over towards her.

"Hi" he smiled shyly.

"Hi" she smiled back at him.

"Do you mind if I join you? Uh… I mean if you’re alone" he asked curiously.

"I’m alone" she shrugged and gestured to the empty seat in the booth.

"Hi, I’m Hoyt" he smiled as he slid into the empty seat.

"Jessica" she smiled back at him as she cast glances at his neck.

"Uh, so this might sound kind of funny, but I was just sitting there thinking how come you don’t ever meet a nice girl, Hoyt? And then you just walked right in" he grinned.

"And how do you know I’m a nice girl?" she asked.

"Coz of your smile, I guess. You can tell a lot about someone by the way they smile. Uh, you know I watch people all the time…*Jessica smiles and looks down flattered* You see that, that’s beautiful. I could stare at that all day long.

"Day? Yeah, right" her face stilled and looked at him seriously.

"Did I say something wrong?" he asked looking a little worried.

"No. Of course not" she re-assured him.

Okay, okay good coz I don’t wanna scare you away… would you like a drink or something? Uh, food? Um, you’re hungry? he asked, waiting, knowing that she may leave any moment, and he wanted her to stay.

"I’ll just have a bottle of True Blood. B positive" she replied, looking a little unsure.

Hoyt leaned a little forward so they’re not overheard "You’re a vampire?"

~End Dream Sequence~

Hoyt's forehead dripped with sweat and it formed a thin beading across his skin as he jolted awake from his bed and sat up, gasping a little for breath. This had been the third night in a row that he had been having the same dream, and it always started and finished the same. Jessica Hamby....a vampire. He had only met her the once, but yet in his dream, wasn't how he met her...Was this all just his imagination playing tricks on him, finding her beautiful because she was a vampire?

These had to all be just dreams...Didn't they?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm