For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

It Was The Year 1897

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

It Was The Year 1897 Empty It Was The Year 1897

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:18 pm

~Voice-over~ It was the year 1897, Autumn had now settled in the city of New Orleans. Lorena and I had found ourselves here after being thrown out of Alabama after breaking the law, avoiding capture by the King. Lorena had always told me that I was made for her, she had created the perfect monster. And true that may be, but I only tried to appease her, hiding my thoughts from her, she had turned me into something that she was proud of, but I on the other hand was not. Two years ago today, my human wife Caroline had died, leaving only my daughter Sarah, who secretly I had been keeping tabs on. She was happily married with a daughter (Elizabeth Harris) and her husband (Lionel Harris) But yet i had not seen my daughter since i left to go to war. Lorena had told me all those years ago that that i could not come back to Bon Temps, my home. But what she didn't know, couldn't kill her. I wished

September 6th 1897

Bill Compton was home.

Bill Compton had never felt such a relief to be home, where he was born, where he lived and married and where he was taken from. Everything that he once had, a loving wife, adoring children, everything that he ever wanted, only to be snatched away in moment of his weakness for food, water and shelter. One moment of hesitation had cost him his mortal life, and now condemned to live an immortal life with the woman who believed him to be her soul mate, cruelly snatched from where he wanted to be. Home.

Bill had taken refuge for the day in an old abandoned barn just a few miles from where he once shared a home with his human family, a tear trickled down his crescent cheek as he wiped it with the back of his hand as it smudged faintly across his pale skin, a reminder that he was indeed not human. The moon was high in the sky and the crickets chirped as they jumped through the waist height grass and Bill continued to creep through it as he approached the old Compton house. It would soon be sunrise and he wouldn't have very much timeIt still looked the same from the last time he was it, and it still held so many happy memories, but along with the happy memories it held one longing painful memory.

Creeping closer to the edge of the woods, he hid behind an old broken grave stone, it wasn't until he looked at it more closely....it was his.

They had buried him, an empty coffin, they had mourned him, believed him to have died in the war, a hero. But a hero, he was not.

He watched on as he heard a scream from a young girl who he learned to be Elizabeth, his granddaughter, she looked so much like her mother and so much like Caroline. He smiled at this as he saw Elizabeth running around on the porch with a few other children, laughing and giggling as they played some kind of game. How much he wished he could be sat on that porch again, with Caroline and their children.

"Come on now young ones time for bed" Bill stood a little and there he saw Sarah, his precious daughter, how much she had grown. He was captivated by how much she looked like Caroline, how he missed Caroline.

He heard her call out another name, but did not pay attention to it, he was to intent in watching his daughter.

"What you doing Mr?" he heard a young voice behind him.

Bill turned and his eyes looked on shocked, how did he not hear him walk up behind him?

"Thomas?" Bill looked on, was this a dream? He looked just so much like his own son.

"No...Mr. My name is Christian" he giggled.

It Was The Year 1897 Images10

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 pm