For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Why is it SO HOT?!

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Why is it SO HOT?! Empty Why is it SO HOT?!

Post by Amy Williams Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm

She hadn’t stop sweating since she’d landed at the airport. Her brother just chuckled at her which made her roll her eyes.

“What did you expect little sister, you’ve been living in that icicle place for so long” said her eldest and only brother. She was surprised her siblings were still so friendly with her. After all she had in no short terms, killed their mother. Granted the elder had given them permission to bring justice but still.

“I didn’t know you owned anything here Cael” she said softly, her brother driving her to what would be her new home. Her brother smiled. “Well, after leaving summerland we all went our separate ways but I wanted to stay by the warm weather. I didn’t want to run another club, that’s so cliché so I own several apartments. Theres one building I just got done re-doing and I think you’ll like it” he said as he turned left down a road.

“I’ll pay you rent” said Amy as she leaned back, letting the AC of the car keep her cool. Her brother gave her a look through the rear view mirror. “You’ll do no such thing. You’re my baby sister, and you just freed us all from the tyranny of our mother. It was a heavy burden but you did it. Giving you a place to stay is the least I can do” he said. She opened her eyes and smiled. She may have not been around her siblings for a while, but they were still the same kind hearted bunch their father raised. Soon her brother pulled up to a small building surrounded by trees.

Why is it SO HOT?! 2ebualj

The front had hanging light bulbs and lots of potted plants. The inside was open with a bay window and it reminded her of a shop. As her brother brought her luggage inside she leaned against a nearby wall.

Why is it SO HOT?! 29pvpk2

“Why is it so damn hot?!” she muttered. Her brother chuckled and showed her around her new place. A 3 story building that was meant to be apartments, but the 3rd story was now just a large storage area. The bedroom, kitchen and bathroom were all rustic and nice and he showed her where the thermostat was which she promptly set up to a much cooler temperature.

Why is it SO HOT?! 2gvu1hj
    Why is it SO HOT?! 15hh4k5
    Why is it SO HOT?! Mlnk1u
    Why is it SO HOT?! Bbtp3

“So why did you decide to come here Amy?” asked her brother Cael. Amy sighed. “Someone dear to me came back here…I guess I missed him that’s all” she said softly. Her brother smiled. “Well I do hope he treats you well” he said as he handed her keys and an envelope with money.

“Cael? Whats this for?” she asked, shaking the envelope. He chuckled. “Well, it should last you until you can find a job around these parts. Just be careful though” he said as he walked to the door. “Unlike Alaska, there are plenty of vampires here, so work during the day, stay indoors at night” he warned before he left.

Amy nodded and looked around. At least her brother had furnished the whole place, so she just had to unpack, get her addressed changed and look for a job.

She looked at the paper which held her new address: 76 Camilla Dr. Shreveport, La. She set down the paper and sighed. She hadn’t heard from Hoyt in a while, and she vaguely remembered him mentioning once he came from Louisiana. Maybe she’d get to see him now that she lived here. For now however… her gaze drifted to the paper her brother had left. It was time to find a job.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am