For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Have you seen this boy?

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Have you seen this boy? Empty Have you seen this boy?

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 am

She wiped the sweat of her brow. She still wasn't used to the heat of this state but it seemed she was getting somewhere. She had driven to Bon Temp in a car her brother loaned her and was now asking around.

A few diners had told her that Hoyt Fortenberry lived in Bon Temp and the local Quickie Mart had pointed her in a good direction. She parked her car and leaned back. Even in just a tank top, shorts and sneakers she was still sweating. She brushed the hair off her face, now heading into another shop, what looked like an antique shop.

"Hi, excuse me I'm looking for someone?" she asked. The Shop owner nodded and looked at the picture Amy had of Hoyt. He nodded.

"Oh yeah, that there is Maxine's boy" he said as he drew a crude but simple map of where Hoyt was.

"If he aint at Merlottes then you'll surely find him at his Momma's place" he said. Amy nodded. "Thank you sir" said Amy as she headed back out to her car. She looked at the map and tried to use her phone to bring up a gps. She didn't want to get lost.....again.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Have you seen this boy? Empty Re: Have you seen this boy?

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:59 am

Hoyt continued to roll in his bed, wearing only but a white vest and a pair of pale blue jeans, he had been on yet another drinking bend, which had resulted him ending up with a split lip and a faded bruise on his cheek. He had gone out the night before to forget everything about Jessica, forget everything that he had remembered about what happened between them. He had yet to see Jason, but he was sure that Jessica had warned him that he was back in town and had remembered. He would soon eventually catch up with him. His head throbbed as he felt lifeless, his mama had given him a stern talking to when he had staggered through the front door last night, and he was sure that he would get another one as soon as he left his room. He just wanted to lay here, where he was safe and comfy. But he knew that he would have to face the consequences sooner or later. Dragging himself out of his bed, his head swirling around like a merry-go-round, he stumbled out of his room and into the kitchen and plumped himself down on one of the chairs. A good thing his mama was out at the store picking up groceries at the minute, knowing that he could avoid all of her lectures.

Lowering his head, he leaned on the table, welcoming the coolness, it was hotter today in Bon Temps, he wished his mama would get some air conditioning in the house, it was too hot. Letting his eyes close, he drifted into a light sleep, filled with nothing, just the faint buzzing from the radio.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

Amy drove around. She continued to ask around until she stumbled on a road crew which was the jackpot. It seemed as if Hoyt had worked with them and they were easy in giving out his address.

"Just be careful Missy. Hoyt aint himself" warned one of the road crew members. Amy nodded and went to the address and parked outside. The house didn't look like something Hoyt would live in. The flowers outside and the fence and things screamed mother. She got out, wondering who would be home. She'd gotten this haphazard plan and now that she was face to face with the house she debated the rationale of her plan.

She shrugged. If anything she'd check on Hoyt, maybe catch up and if he was alright she'd go back to her place. She walked up to the door and knocked a few times, standing outside in the sun. The sun felt nice and as a fae it made her feel better but the heat was still killing her.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am

Hoyt continued to nestle himself to sleep, his head rested on the kitchen table as it cooled him down, this heat was hot! It would be a good day for the road crew, but he was glad that he did not work there anymore, not with Deputy Stackhouse patrolling the roads, it was only time when he would see him, just a matter of time. Continuing to let his mind rest, he could hear a knocking at the door, a gentle rapping sound.

"Mama.....Mama..Answer the door!" Hoyt called out hazily, "Mama...door!" he called out once again, then remembered that his mama was out at the store.

"I am coming!" Hoyt shouted as he be-grudgingly stood to his feet, and stumbled across to the door.

"Whatever you selling...I ain't buying" he mumbled, normally it would have been some kind of salesman, maybe the one that tried to buy the land for the oil. He opened the door as the sun rays blazed in, blinding him, then he noticed someone that he never expected to see at his door; "Amy?"

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 am

Amy blinked. Instantly the smell of alcohol hit her which corroborated the story that the road crew had given her about Hoyt. However she wouldn't berate him, she wasn't his mother after all.

"Hi Hoyt" she said softly, giving him a smile. He looked terrible, like he hadn't slept in days, nor eaten properly. He was sweaty but just by the feel of his house it was due to the lack of AC. The caregiver inside her wanted to whisk Hoyt away, give him a cool place to stay and some food but he was a grown man.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

Hoyt stood there in utter shock that Amy was standing outside his mama's house, he didn't give her his address so that she could find him, not that he didn't mind that she was there, he was just shocked that she had come all this way to find him.

"Hey...Amy" he said as he leaned against the door, wishing that if he had known she was coming he would have cleaned himself up, he was a mess, his hair was mess, bags under his eyes, clothes crumpled, and to say he smelt of alcohol would be an understatement.

"Sorry..come in" he smiled as he stood aside to allow her to enter.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:33 am

She smiled and walked inside. "You sure know how to hide Mr... took me a good long while to find you" she said as she walked in. The radio was playing in the background, the heat came into the house in waves, making the air seem almost distorted.

She sat down at the table, noticing there wasn't any signs of cooking. She noticed a few pictures of Hoyt with an older woman she assumed was his mother. "It's a nice house you got here" she said, trying to break the awkward silence.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 am

"It's my mama's house, she likes 'nice' things, spends all her time on that shopping channel. I swear to god, if i ever see another Christmas Gnome it will be too soon, ugly things" he smirked as he watched hr move around to sit on a chair by the kitchen table.

He heard her mention that he was hard too find, it was true, Bon Temps was out in the middle of no where, you would quiet easily miss the turn off on the road here if you weren't looking hard enough. Walking to the fridge he pulled out a large pitcher of fresh homemade lemonade that his mama had made.

"Its why my mama likes hear, its in the middle of no where...You want a glass of lemonade? Its hot today?" he asked as he poured himself a glass.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 am

She nodded. "Lemonade sounds wonderful. I don't know how you stand the heat out here... I've been cooped up in my apartment in front of the AC for the past few days" she said with a soft smile.

"You sure you're doing alright Hoyt? You left Anchorage in a hurry and I haven't heard much from you" she said as she took the glass of lemonade he offered.

"Remember Betty and George left me to take care of you, kinda hard to do when you're so far away"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 am

"After what happened with George and Betty, i missed being here. I missed my mama, so i thought I would come home for the holidays, but then i couldn't find it to go. I would have called, but there has been somethings happening around here that i needed to fix. And what do you mean your apartment? You live in Anchorage?" he looked on puzzled as he handed her a glass of lemonade as he took a large sip from his own and sat down as the table opposite her.

"Sometimes I wished I never came back, I remembered somethings that I wish i didn't, and its just been getting on me..I am sorry that i didn't call" he said again taking another sip of his drink.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 am

She smiled and shook her head. "No I...." she looked at her hands. "I have a place in Shreveport for now. I didn't know how long it would take me to find you....plus I don't like motels" she said sheepishly.

She took a sip of lemonade, enjoying the cool tart taste. She listened to him and got worried. "Oh well... I hope being here isn't so much of a burden. I mean if it's making you sad you shouldn't be here" she said. She wondered what he had remembered, if people here of his past had dug out painful memories. She could relate.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 am

"I mean if it's making you sad you shouldn't be here"

He nodded as he finished off his glass of lemonade, and stood and refilled his glass to the brim, this was the first non alcohol drink that he had in a few days, it cooled his dry throat, he always loved home made lemonade.

"If I run now...then she has won. I won't let that vampire ruin my life. She already did it once before, well not again. If it was up to me, she would be dead, well deader than what she is now *he scoffed as he a sip of his drink* Sorry you don't need to hear my problems. So you live in Shreveport, and when did you get an apartment?" he asked curiously.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

She quirked a brow. "Vampire?" she asked before shaking her head. "Just a few days ago. I had some family help me out" she said softly.

"And you can talk to me if you want Hoyt. I'll listen if you have problem" she said, trying to offering him an encouraging smile. "plus it looks like you have more problems than a vampire... when was the last time you ate?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am

"Yeah, Jessica Hamby...the worst mistake of my life. Anyway enough about her. How long are you planning on staying in Shreveport?" he asked as he refilled both of their glasses of lemonade.

"Food? My mama is not the best cook in the house, apart from her specialty. No one makes anything like it? You want one?" he asked as he smiled softly at her.

Last edited by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am

She shrugged "I don't know to be honest. I wasn't sure what I'd do after I found you. I guess it depends on how you're feeling" she looked up at him and smiled.

"If you feel you need me around I'll stay. If not I guess I'll pack up and go" she said as she sipped the lemonade. She declined the offer for food, thankfully having eaten before leaving her place today.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am

As soon as she mentioned about going, Hoyt felt something inside him twinge, something that he had not felt before. If Amy left and he did not go back to Anchorage then he would never see her again.

"No..no...I kinda like having you here. To be honest, I kinda missed not seeing you everyday" he smiled shyly.

Last edited by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 am

She smiled gently. "I missed you too. The dinner just isn't the same" she said softly as she set her empty glass down and stood.

"why not come with me today? It's hot in your house and I'm sure you could use a cool place to relax and a good meal" she said with a grin. "Not to mention a shower and a shave mr" she added playfully.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

"Yeah...I have been missing a shower. Do you want a tour of the house? Before I head to shower? You could watch some TV?" he offered as he it was true what she said, he did need a shower, he had been coming home from Merlotte's drinking and the going to bed, waking up and repeating the same process, he was too out of it he hadn't even thought about it. But now for some reason he felt nervous as the message that he had sent popped back into his mind,

"Amy...about that message i sent you the other day, i hope that it didn't offend or upset you" he fidgeted on the spot.[i]
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

She chuckled and shook her head. "There was no offence Hoyt, you worry too much" she said as she walked up to him and kissed his whisker covered cheek.

"I'll amuse myself while you go shower ok? then we can go out somewhere, get out of this heat" she said with a smile.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 am

"I meant it...I love you" he smiled as he turned to leave her alone before she could reply to him as he headed into the bathroom to start the shower.

He couldn't believe he had just blurted it out, although he and Amy had gone out a few times, and nothing physical had really happened between them, but he felt something between them, something different.

Turning on the shower as the steam filled the shower as he peeled himself of his clothes and stepped it. Had he just ruined everything by saying what he did too her?
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Amy smiled. She liked Hoyt, really liked him. However she wasn't sure he'd accept her non human nature. Granted she could live as a human for the rest of her life, but her blood was a vampire magnet and it seemed Hoyt wasn't fond of vampires.

She went around exploring the house for a bit before settling into a couch alongside some very creepy looking porcelain dolls. She didn't want to know why Hoyt's mother collected such things.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Hoyt continued to let the hot water flush over his skin, lathering himself up with some shower product that he had bought, the bubbles trickling down his chest as he let the water fall over his face, rubbing his arms to clean himself, washing away the smell of alcohol. Still thinking that he had rushed in telling her how he felt, he had rushed in doing the same with Jessica. Was he destined to have the same fate with Amy?

Turning the shower off, he stepped out and wrapped a towel round his waist as he started to get himself ready to rid himself of the prickly stubble that had formed on his face, making him look older than he was.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Amt waited in silence. She debated what to cook for Hoyt. Frankly she was being a bit selfish in suggesting he come with her but something in her gut told her he needed to get away from this place.

She closed her eyes for a moment, sensing, very faintly another part Fae in this town. Not half fae like her but with enough blood to be a lure to vampires.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Once Hoyt was satisfied that he was clean again, he walked across the hall to his bedroom, already drying quickly from this heat he began dressing himself, slipping on a plaid shirt and a pair of jeans and his old work boots, his hair still damp as he walked back into the kitchen, surprised that Amy was still there.

"I thought you might have gone, I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that" he said softly.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:34 pm

She smiled and stood, pulling down her tank top that was sticking to her skin from the sweat.

"Why would I leave Hoyt?" she asked as she walked up to him. Hoyt was always very handsome fresh out of the shower. She kissed his jaw and smiled.

"I love you too you know" she said sweetly as she fanned herself with her hand. "But frankly you need some ac in here... so lets get to my place and cool off shall we?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm