For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

The night it all changed

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The night it all changed Empty The night it all changed

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm

"God hates fangs!" They all chanted, waiting outside of Fangtasia with their signs and shirts. I just wanted to leave and go home, after the temptation I was faced with to feed on that fangbanger guy, Pam not helping one bit. Hoyt just continued to push...push, push, push. It was like he wanted to turn me human, and I couldn't BE human. I couldn't be the good little house wife who cooked and cleaned and had three babies at home. Things had changed, and I don't think it was for the good. We were growing in two separate directions and it seemed like we just grew apart. It hurt because I tried to make it work, I prayed constantly. I even went to an evening mass and said a rosary asking God to fix us, fix our relationship. Maybe it was because I was a vampire, maybe God really did hate fangs. The point was....it didn't work.

A few nights later, I reluctantly went with Hoyt for a drive to "talk". He didn't remember about my confession of feeding on the fangbanger the other night, and my guilt about glamouring him was somewhat bothering me. I couldn't tell him though, he'd be twice as angry. When I tried honesty it just hurt him and I didn't want that. "Hoyt, look! There's someone on the road, Pull over!" My vision was clear and I swore it to be Jason. Before he could stop the truck, I opened the door and darted out. "Jason!" I placed his head in my lap and dropped my fangs quickly, hearing the slow beat of his heart and smelling the foul animal scent on him. He'd been attacked by an animal it looked like. Placing my bleeding wrist on his mouth, willing him to drink. "Drink, Jason...come on drink." His eyes fluttered open weakly and looked up at me as I watched intently to see if he'd drink. I had to save him, I just had to. Hoyt looked on anxiously, waiting to see what would happen to his best friend.

That's the night it all changed....

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 pm