For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

I Know What I Need To Do

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

I Know What I Need To Do Empty I Know What I Need To Do

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

After a long day strolling down by the pond where he had met Jessica the previous night, Hoyt Fortenberry pondered everything that Jessica had said, everything that his head said, and mostly his unspoken heart that did not seem to want to tell her what too do. He just wanted everything to stop, for everything to freeze so that he could think, but yet the hands on his watch continued to tick by slowly. His feet had led him back to his truck as he slumped back in his seat grimacing at the eerie silence. Switching on the radio he scanned through to a radio station that wasn't advertising new types of True Blood and bragging about the Fellowship of the Sun or the disappearance of some drunk.

So Debbie, your on the air. Who is your dedication for?

Hey Chris! This if for my boyfriend Joey, i love him so much. Thanks y'all

♪♫ I always needed time on my own. I never thought I'd need you there when I cry. And the days feel like years when I'm alone. And the bed where you lie is made up on your side. When you walk away I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now ♪♫

Hoyt's fingers continued to drum on the steering wheel.

♪♫ When you're gone. The pieces of my heart are missing you. When you're gone. The face I came to know is missing too. When you're gone. The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok. I miss you ♪♫

Hoyt switched off the radio as the song buzzed around in his head, he couldn't stop thinking about Amy, he then felt a buzz in his pocket and pulled out his cell and saw that he had a message from Amy.

Hey. I hope you're doing ok. I'm thinking of going back home. Maybe I'll see you before I leave

Amy was leaving. Hoyt's truck started to life. He needed too find Amy otherwise he would loose his only chance to tell Amy how he felt. He needed too find her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

I Know What I Need To Do Empty Re: I Know What I Need To Do

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Amy stepped out of the small grocery store. She'd been craving a home cooked meal for a while now but since she couldn't just go to her diner she figured she'd cook something for a change. She got out of the store carrying a full grocery bag. She had even bought some sparkling apple cider.

I Know What I Need To Do Full%20grocery%20bag

Damn this state was hot and humid and it played havoc on her body. She made her way to her car, wondering if she should spoil herself and stop by the nearby sonic for an ice cream sunday or maybe a nice tall limeade.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Hoyt had put his foot down on the pedal of his truck, he was speeding over the speed limit on his way to Shreveport, not caring if he got stopped by the police he had too see Amy, he needed to stop her from leaving. He was now in Shreveport as his truck screeched down the street, not remembering where Amy lived, but he had too be close. It was then he spotted her.

"AMY!.....AMY!" he howled out of his truck window as he slammed on the breaks and halted the truck to a sudden stop as he jerked forward in his seat.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Amy blinked and looked around. She had just set her groceries on the passengers side of her car when someone was shouting her name. It didn't take her long to find the large truck and the sweaty male screaming for her.

Hoyt...

She couldn't deny she was happy to see him, but also she wondered why he was yelling. Was he mad at her again?

"Hoyt... sweetie whats wrong?" she asked, seeing him get out of his truck, sweaty and in a rush
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Hoyt jumped out his truck, his back sore from the jolt as he ran towards Amy who was standing by her car as he ran to her side, boy he was out of breath, a thin line of sweat had already formed across his brow.

He used Amy's car to support himself as he fought for his breath.

"I-I.....I got....I got your message..........Your l-leaving"
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 pm

She shrugged "I'm thinking of leaving... you didn't seem to want me around anymore" she said softly. She reached into her car, pulling out a water bottle from her grocery bag and offering it to him.

"here, drink some...you look like you're about to pass out"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Hoyt gladly accepted the bottle of water from Amy as he let the cool liquid quench his thirst as he took several large mouthfuls of the water and handed the bottle back to Amy.

"I-I don't want you to leave" he spoke in a rush.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

She blinked. Now that surprised her, especially after his reaction to her half fae blood.

"I... you do? You seemed pretty angry when you found out I'm not totally human"

She leaned against her car, crossing her arms over her chest.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

"Yeah...I was angry. The one girl who i thought was like me, human. Is not. So i was angry, but i am not anymore i swear" Hoyt spluttered out, he needed to get Amy to get her mind about leaving, he didn't want her to leave.

"Please...please don't leave" he begged.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 pm

She blinked. "It's not like I'm that much different than you Hoyt... I just happen to be fae. Means I like the sun and I'm allergic to Iron and avoid vampires at all costs"

She smiled softly at him. "I won't leave if you really don't want me to"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 pm

He needed to do this, if he didn't do it now he never would. Gathering the courage together to make himself do this, he hesitated a moment before blurting out the words...

"Will you be my girlfriend" he spat out quickly.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm

She blinked, looked at him and chuckled. Leave it to Hoyt to do something so impulsive like that. It was one of his more endearing qualities.

"You think your mom will approve?" she asked before she could help herself. She was still smiling, thinking of the gasket his mother would blow if she saw Hoyt dating another girl, let alone a fae.

"I'd be happy to be your girlfriend" she added.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 pm

"I don't care what my momma thinks. I am old enough to make my own choices. I am a grown-ass man" he joked and his face soon lit up when she said she would be hims girlfriend.

"You sure, no pressure or anything" he muttered.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:08 pm

She walked over to him and placed her hands on his sweaty face, cupping it gently. She had to get on her tip toes and lean him down some even but she kissed his forehead.

"Hoyt... I'm not pressured to do anything alright? I want to be your girlfriend"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Hoyt beamed with joy as he picked her up with his arms wrapped around her waist and spun her around in circles as she giggled. Hoyt had never felt so happy, and it was all thanks to his chat with Jessica that helped him make the right decision.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 pm

She laughed and held him until he put her down. "Now... want to join me for dinner? you look like you should use a shower" she said as she chuckled at his giddiness.

Last edited by Amy Williams on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm

After he stopped spinning her around her placed her on her feet and smiled gleefully.

"I would love too" he smiled as she slid into her car and he hopped into the passenger side of the car.

For once he was happy, truly happy. He could live his life again. The way he wanted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm