For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

What's Wrong Sam?

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

What's Wrong Sam? Empty What's Wrong Sam?

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:58 am

Hoyt hated to leave Amy, especially when he had been reluctant to leave her apartment after spending a few days there, just wrapped up in there own happiness. He and Amy both agreed to wait until they were both ready to take the next step in their relationship. He sensed that she was a little hesitant talking about the subject and instantly changed the subject.

She did not want him to leave, but he had no choice. He had missed several phone calls from Sam Merlotte and was curious as to why Sam was calling him. After he revealed what he was to everyone, he figured that he would be on the low for a while.

Hoyt parked his truck in the Merlotte's parking lot and hopped out of his truck as he locked it up and headed straight into the bar. It was empty. There was hardly anyone inside; seemed that business was quite.

He looked around for Sam but did not see him, he looked around the front, but could still not see him. All he heard was Lafayette in the kitchen with the radio on singing along to the tunes. Hoyt headed straight to the back to Sam's office, knocking on the door he waited for an answer
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

What's Wrong Sam? Empty Re: What's Wrong Sam?

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 am

Sam sat at his desk working on orders for the next month, not that he'd need much since all the crap that had went down with weres and shifters. How could he be so stupid as to reveal himself. Heard the knock and lifted his head, -Come in.- It was Hoyt. He was slightly confused seeing him at first then realized why he was here. All the calls he'd placed to him in the last few weeks. -Hoyt, oh come in. I uh, sorry about the mess. We had a bit of a...issue. I assume you're here to know why I was calling you so much right?-
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Hoyt waited on the other side of the door as he heard Sam call him to enter, opening and closing the door behind him, he looked at all the mess around his office, sheathed in a layer of white, all his paperwork he presumed as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, sorry I missed your calls...I was busy was Amy. So how's business *indicating with his head* It's pretty quiet out there" he spoke referring to how there was only Jane Bodehouse propped at the bar and a few non-regular customers.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

He chuckled and shook his head. -Business is...null. I had some things to talk to you about but I uh, first wanted to make sure you're not freaked out by my...what happened the other night? I know it's a lot to take in but I assure you I'm the same guy you've always known. I can just turn...into things.- There was no easy way to explain it but he wanted to know he still had allies at least.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm

"Listen Sam, it don't bother me what you are or what you can do. Trust me, i know there is a whole lot more out there than just vampires and witched and stuff. But you got nothing to worry about with me" he smiled back at Sam.

He and Amy had both spoken about not telling anyone what she was, he knew that he could trust Sam, but still, it wasn't his secret to tell, and he wasn't about to ruin things with Amy when they were going do great.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm

He nodded and stood, sliding his hands in his jean pockets. -Well, I appreciate that Hoyt. Listen I called you because something happened about a week ago here. Have you seen Jason lately? Andy's been asking about his whereabouts and to be honest I'm afraid something bad has happened. I think he may have shot Jessica.-
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:01 pm

"So what you got to tell me?" he asked curiously.

"Have you seen Jason lately?"

Hoyt mentally shook himself, the last time he had seen Jason was that night Jason had found him and Jessica talking out by the pond, but other than that he hadn't seen him. Nor did he really care to see him.

"No Sam, i haven't seen him. And i don't care if anyone is looking for him or not" Hoyt said acidly, he then realized that Sam didn't know anything about Jessica glamouring him and then he remembered after coming back to town.

"I'm afraid something bad has happened. I think he may have shot Jessica"

Hoyt's mouth suddenly dried up in an instant as he took a few steps closer towards Sam.

"He shot her? But vampires can't die....Is she alright? Where is she Sam?" he asked hurriedly
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm

He held up his hands -I can't be for sure. I heard a shot in the parking lot and rushed out. Jason was peeling out in his truck and Jessica was laying on the ground. He shot her with liquid silver laced bullets. I don't think she did, I hope not at least. I haven't spoke to Bill but he came get her. If he did...Jason is in hot water with vampires.- Sam sighed and knew Jason was always getting himself into something or another.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 pm

"Damn!" Hoyt cursed as he slammed his fists hard against the office door as he turned from Sam.

After a minute he cooled down, controlling his hot head. He knew Jason was dumb, but not that dumb that he would go after Jessica. And if Vampire Bill knew that it was Jason, he was surely to be dead by now.

"You know what, i don't care. Jason got what's coming to him!" he spat out as he sat down on a small stool opposite Sam.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Sam cocked a brow at his reaction and heard things from the town gossips that he and Jason were on the outs since Jason and Jessica got together but he didn't realize his hate stemmed this deep. Raising his hands to surrender he stepped back and shook his head. -Hey, man I understand you're angry. If you're worried about her go to Bill's. I didn't think you two were talking again, you and Jessica I mean.- He chuckled, -But hey, none of my business. The other thing I wanted to talk to you about was, do you think Amy is looking for a job? A few waitresses on the day and night shifts quit and well it would be nice to see a new face, maybe bring in more customers.-
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:33 pm

"We came to an understanding, but yeah we are talking again" he answered Sam's question about Jessica.

Hoyt stood from his stool and ran his hand through his hair, it would need a trim soon, a good reason to stop in Shreveport tomorrow after he visited Jessica.

"Yeah, that's if she wants to see me *he then heard his comment about Amy* You want Amy to work here? I mean i can ask her if you want? Hey I don't suppose you have any of your properties left? I need to move out of my momma's house. She doesn't approve of Amy" he smirked.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Sam nodded for both questions, -I know she's new to town. If she's interested send her in. That is if she doesn't mind working for a shifter.- He chuckled and grabbed a book from one of the shelves on his desk. -As a matter of fact, yeah I do. One of my tenants moved out since the whole turning into a dog thing. Rent is 450 a month, Central air and heat. Your momma not approving of Amy doesn't shock me. Are you moving back down for good? I thought you were in Alaska with that oil job. Maxine done told everyone about your success.-
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:46 pm

"The rent is fine, and i think i might stick around for a little while, the job is always open if i want to go back. And i will speak to Amy tomorrow about it. She is busy with her brother today. She might like it here, i know i do. A real family place....They will come back Sam, they always do. Just because you turn into an animal don't change a thing. Heck! We got vampires and now werewolves, what's a....Shifter added to the mix" he laughed a little as his own comment.

He stood from the small stool, his hands stuffed into his pocket as he blushed a little.

"My momma doesn't approve of anyone, unless they got money...and not a vampire, or an atheist, or Jewish" he smirked.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Sam laughed and pat Hoyt on the back with a nod. -Glad to hear that, it'll be good to have you back in town. Let me know about Amy and I hope Jessica is doing okay. I haven't heard anything so I presume she's alright.- The phone in his office rang and he went over to pick it up. -Merlotte's- He gave Hoyt a wave and pointed to the phone so he could see himself out. Before he left the room he covered the phone and added, -Let me know if you want the rental too.- Then went back to speaking into the phone.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Hoyt took it as his signal to leave when the phone rang and bowed himself out as Sam called back to him about the rental.

"Sure, thanks again Sam" he tried to whisper, but it seems Sam was caught up in business.

As he exited the bar, he glanced at the clock, it was still several hours from sun down, he needed to see Jessica, he needed to make sure she was alright.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am