For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Power corrupts

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Power corrupts Empty Power corrupts

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Driving to Jackson Alcide thought of his sister. Janice was still the pure thing in his life that grounded him. He had tried to shield her but even that was pointless now. A low rumble when someone cut him off right before her hair studio. He had made sure she was now one of the most in demand hair dressers around. Tonight he would see her and wish her well so he could put the next plan into action. One that could change everything. Grinding his teeth he slowed into the parking spot in the back. Straightening his suit jacket and adjusting his shade. A quick run of fingers threw his hair and he headed in.
    Janice Herveaux
    Janice Herveaux

Power corrupts Empty Re: Power corrupts

Post by Janice Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:15 pm

{She was laughing with the girls as she curled one of the ladies hair.} "Girl you better make him put a ring on that, as the old saying goes. Shoulda put a ring on it." {They all laughed again and she turned her head towards the door when her smile faded.} "Hey, Karen...can you finish this up. I need to step away for a moment." {She set the iron down and went straight to the door her brother just entered} "Alcide, what are you doing here?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Pulling her into a warm hug, the tall wolf kissed the top of his sister's head even as every woman's gaze feel on his well honed body. His deep voiced rumbled. "Somewhere more private Sis?" Letting her lead to the back the smell of chemicals of hair dye and perms filled the air. Almost overwelming his sensitive wolf nose. He glanced around to make sure they were good before giving a wolfish smile. "How ya been doing sis? Everything still going well? Tommy doing good in college?"

He had a list of questions set up, but then his mind was really on what would happen later. How could it not be when he was planning such a big demise.
    Janice Herveaux
    Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 pm

{Janice did as he asked and walked back to the supply room and turned to face him with a seriously pissed off face, arms folded across her chest.} "What is it now Alcide? I can't believe ya got nerve to come in here after all that crap you put us through last year. It was because of you Tommy got kicked out of college to begin with. Now I don't know what you're doing in here flaunting your business suit for...but you should leave."

{She was irate, the nerve of him to do what he did. He wasn't the same man he used to be. The brother that was always a gentleman, always getting hurt but never wanted to give up on love...now he was a hard ass, cold, pure asshole. Tommy was headed down the same road and she wouldn't allow it. Giving him a hard glare,}

"You're not the same man anymore, Alcide...I don't know what's happened to you."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Her words would have been knives to the old Alcide but not anymore. Giving her a strong look of warning before he hushed his tone. "Tommy will be allowed back after I make a call on a full paid if his finishes. But I thought I would come and check up on you before I may not have the chance again. Look sorry I put you threw some tough times, but we have all had them grow up to the real world Janice. I guess I better be goin I still have a meeting tonight before a few other things."

Pulling his jacket straight and sliding the sunglasses back on his face. The messy hair tinged with gray at the temples and his scruffy beard now running a little gray. He looked at his sis even she had a few. Turning to leave her shop head high as he went back to the main area.
    Janice Herveaux
    Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:56 pm

"Yeah, that's what I keep hearing..." {She shook her head and watched him leave. Her brother had did a 180 and she didn't like it at all. She worried for him, worried for Tommy following in his footsteps. He acted like his money would buy everything or fix everything and it wouldn't.}

{Sighing heavily she leaned against the cabinet and tipped her head back with a groan.} "Damn it Alcide..." {He looked like he had a plan and whatever it was, it couldn't be good.}
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Smiling at the women in the salon and winking at a few knowing their panties would be good and wet he left the place without a goodbye. Hell Janice would be set if things went wrong. Climbing in the loaded truck before he spun out. Things would change for everyone after tonight.

A bitter taste in his mouth as he drove back to Shreveport and away from his family. Well they didn't consider him family anymore either so fuck them. It was time for everyone to see what he was made of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content