For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Moving Forward

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Moving Forward  Empty Moving Forward

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Hoyt Fortenberry had been trying to get a hold of Amy all day again today, but still his calls went straight through to her voice mail. He was getting really worried now, he had thought he may have upset her in some way, that was why she was avoiding her. He had purchased a large bouquet of various flowers ranging from red roses to white roses. He had spent quite a bit of cash on these flowers, but he wanted to show that he meant what he said when he loved her.

Moving Forward  1363645066-50380000

He had hit dial on his cell again and for the first time in several days it started to ring, he parked up his truck up along the side of the road as he waited for Amy to answer. He held his breath, as he heard someone pick up as he calmed himself down.

"Amy...Thank god. Your safe. Where have you been?" he called into his cell.

Last edited by Hoyt Fortenberry on Fri May 17, 2013 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Moving Forward  Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm

A fine masculine voice answered the phone. "This isn't Amy but I'll grab her for you" it said before there was sounds of shuffling.

"Amy! Your boyfriend is on the phone!" called out the same voice. More shuffling and the sounds of Amy trying to dodge something before she came to the phone, sounding a tad flustered like she'd been running.

"Hi Hoyt" she said, her voice bright and cheery. She batted her brother away with a hand wanting some privacy with her call. Her bother merely rolled his eyes and went downstairs. Amy hadn't told Hoyt she'd been doing some remodeling on her home, enough that now two people could live quite comfortably and safely. Her brother may not have been too keen on her dating Hoyt a non fae but he accepted her decision all the same.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 17, 2013 1:28 pm

"This isn't Amy but I'll grab her for you"

Hoyt's mouth had gone dry as he heard another man's voice on the end of the call, his whole body had tensed to a still statue as he heard the pattering of feet becoming louder as he heard more muffling sounds and soon followed by Amy's voice on the phone. It had been several days since he had spoken to her, and now he was getting worried now, what had happened with Jessica...Was it all happening again?

"Who was that?....Where..Where have you been? I have been calling you for five days now and you haven't answered" he asked, without accusing down the phone.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Amy chuckled. She realized how bad it sounded when her brother answered the phone.
    "Don't worry Hoyt...thats just my pesky brother answering my phone when he shouldn't" she said as she sat down.
    "I've been away Hoyt... where... well where I'm from" she said, figuring that would be the best way to explain she'd been off with the fae for a bit.
    "I'm sorry I haven't answered...I don't really get reception there. But I'm back and I missed you" she said sweetly.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Hoyt felt all the repent breath that he had been holding inside his lungs out as he stomach sunk again as Amy explained it to be her brother. He felt a sheer of relief wash through him, happy, overjoyed as he tried to calm himself down.

"You will have to take me there one day" he joked as he heard her last comment "I missed you to. Are you free now? I am in Shreveport now" he smirked childlike into the cell.

To be honest he just wanted to see her, he missed her like crazy. And this was he could lay eyes on her brother.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Amy smiled. "I am free, I would love to see you" she said with a giddy expression.

"Why don't you come over? I'll make you dinner and those rolls you like so much" she said as she stood. She ignored her brother's expression at her offer to make dinner, since he could never get her to cook for him.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 12:50 pm

"Sure. I would love to. I will be there soon" he smirked into his cell as he hesitated hanging up.

Eventually hanging up, he didn't want to tell Amy that he was only two blocks away from her apartment, figuring that to be kind of stalker like. As he drove the very short distance to her home, he parked up his truck, grabbing the large bouquet of flowers from next to him. He knocked on her door and waited for an answer, holding the flowers behind him as he waited for her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 1:09 pm

The door opened, revealing a nearly naked male wearing nothing but a blue robe. He smirked at Hoyt, looking at him up and down.

Moving Forward  Wrj7vb

"Huh...so you're him..." he said.

Amy came rushing down and shoved the male aside. "Gods Cael you have the worse timing... now put on some clothes before we all go blind" she said. The male chuckled and walked away.

Amy smiled sheepishly at Hoyt. "Sorry...I should have stopped him"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Hoyt continued to wait patiently for Amy to answer, when the door opened a smirk plastered on his face, then suddenly dropped as he saw what he was assuming to be her brother dressed in nothing but a robe.

"Yeah....I am him" he stuttered as he looked away from him.

"Sorry...I should have stopped him"

"Its fine...Nothing I ain't see before....I mean...You know, i am a guy..and stuff...These are for you" he changed the subject instantly as he produced the bunch of flowers.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Her brother snorted somewhere upstairs. Amy rolled her eyes and smiled at the flowers.

"Thank you... they're gorgeous" she said before letting him in. Her home looked different. Everything seemed bigger and more rustic. She had hung pictures and touches of her personality where everywhere, like she was here to stay.

She took the flowers and placed them in a vase on her counter. Just then her bother appeared, wearing pants at least. He gave Hoyt a look before looking at Amy.

"Seriously...this is him?" he asked again. Amy rolled her eyes. "Yes this is him Cael... and if you value your junk you'll play nice"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Hoyt watched as Amy placed the flowers that he had gotten her in a vase as her brother appeared fully dressed as he hear him snort.

"Seriously...this is him?"

Hoyt was not sure what he meant as he walked over to stand in front of her brother.

"You got a problem?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Cael raised a brow and nodded. "As a matter of fact yes... you've been known to be around vampires, dated one... and now you managed to drag my baby sister into this vampire infested place..." he said with an overprotective growl.

Amy sighed. "Cael drop it... Hoyt isn't about to sell me to some vampire.. he doesn't like them"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 1:47 pm

"Cael drop it... Hoyt isn't about to sell me to some vampire.. he doesn't like them"

"If's fine Amy, you don't need to defend me" he smirked at her.

He turned back to face her brother.

"Cael is it? Yeah its true, i used to date a vampire. Then she broke my god dammed heart, slept with my best friend behind my back. Glamoured me into forgetting them, but now i remember. Your sister helped me trust again...Now i don't know how it all works in fairy tale land or wherever you are from. But on earth, love means something to humans, now Amy might not be fully human, but her heart. And I love her, more that you know...So go ahead, i don't care if you like me, hell get in line. But there ain't nothin you can do or say to stop me from lovin her" he practically shouted at her brother.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Cale smirked and patted Hoyt's arm. "Good...glad to see you're serious" he looked at Amy.

"At least now I won't feel so bad about sticking out my neck for you and the council" he leaned down and kissed Amy's cheek. "Take care omiljen... I'll see you in a few weeks with any news" he said before he walked out casually from her home.

Amy shook her head. "thank goodness I didn't inherit all the dramatics he has" she said before she smiled and hugged Hoyt once they were alone.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Hoyt was glad when he was gone, he could be alone with Amy for the first time in days, his arms wrapped around her as he held her close, placing a kiss on her cheek as he felt her smile.

"What was he talking about? Sticking his neck out for you and the council?" he quizzed her.

Pulling back, but his arms still wrapped around her.

"Is there something your not telling me? Why were you gone for so long?" he continued to quiz her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Amy bit her lower lip. She'd hope not to have this talk with Hoyt so soon but... Cael had opened his mouth.

She moved until she was sitting on the couch. "I usually stay away from other fae...I'm only half so they don't like me... plus fae..have warped values. However..." she looked at Hoyt. "we're ruled by elders, a council of sorts. Fae numbers are running low... vampires are killing off my race. The council is calling on all fae of breeding age to well... breed and repopulate. However I don't want to breed with another fae... I told them that but they weren't too happy"

She looked down at her lap. "They wanted to force me to mate.. and my brother managed to stop them" she shuddered "The council said if my brother and I could prove I would breed with a worthy male, it wouldn't matter if he wasn't fae. It's why Cael wanted to see if you were serious and not just a fling. If I lose my virginity to someone and don't breed the council could have grounds to kill me for it"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Hoyt tried to let all of it sink in, there was a council of fairies that wanted Amy to breed, and breed with another man...and not him. Hoyt sat himself down on the nearest chair as his hands ran through his hair, he always had a way of picking girls.

"So what does this mean for us?" he asked, without looking at her.

He wasn't sure if he was ready for an answer or not, but he had to know.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Amy smiled softly. "I love you Hoyt...I told the council this... even if they say no I won't let any other man touch me" she said softly.

"I know Cael will come through.... he would never let another fae touch me.. not the way my mother used my father"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

"So what do we do now?" he asked curiously.

That's when he was hit with an idea.

"We could leave? Go back to Alaska? Some place where they will never find us. I can keep you safe from them Amy" he suggested.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 2:43 pm

She blinked. "Hoyt....but I thought you came back because of your mom... I mean... didn't you want me to stay here?" she asked.

True...in alaska none of the fae had bothered her, there were no vampires up there due to the 6 months of pure sun.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 pm

"I can't spend my entire life being with my momma. I have a life of my own" he snapped at her.

He calmed himself down as he walked towards her, his hand then rested on her flat stomach as he remained in silence.

"I want us to have a life together, marriage, grow old together...And have a son or daughter when we want to. Now when some big ole fairies tell us too" he smirked.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 pm

She smiled. This is why she loved Hoyt. He didn't want to rush anything, he respected her boundaries.

"I want us to have a life together too.. I don't want anyone to get in the way of it" she whispered, leaning in close to him.

"I love you Hoyt..."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat May 18, 2013 2:54 pm

"I love you to Amy" he whispered.

His arms wrapped around her as he held her close. He wasn't about to let anything to Amy, he would protect her. He would protect her with everything that he had, he could not loose her now, not after everything.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sat May 18, 2013 2:58 pm

She rested her head in the crook of his neck. It was nice to have Hoyt around now. After seeing all the fae and dealing with issues all she had wanted was some time to gather her thoughts.

To go back to Alaska with Hoyt sounded terribly appealing. Just them.. in their own little cottage.. no vampires or other fae to ruin their perfect bubble of happiness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 am