For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Relocation

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Relocation Empty Relocation

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Jessica was awoken to the feeling of being picked up and tossed over one of the were's shoulders, being carried off. She struggled against him and wiggled in his arms, hitting his back with the little strength she had. "Put me down you animal. Where are you taking me?" She kicked her feet and thrashed about as he just chuckled.

"Oh chill out baby vamp, I think you'll like your new place."

She sighed heavily and gave up struggling, the weakened state she was in caused her will to fight to diminish. All the pain she'd been feeling from Quinn, being lost in her days and not knowing how long she'd been here. Her body still healing from the torture inflicted by Victor. How long ago that had happened, she really didn't know. Her insides still burned and ached from being tormented in the worst of ways. It brought tears to her eyes to remember what he'd done. She felt like a pin cushion, like a toy...and then when he...she bit back the tears and felt her body swing down from his shoulder as he tossed her to the cold pavement.

Looking around, she saw nothing but bars as he shut and locked the doors. She rushed towards the door and grabbed them only to scream out from the burning of her hands. Falling back, she kicked her way back to the wall and held her hands gently as they healed slowly. The only thing she wore was a sheet that she'd been wrapped up in, soaked in her own blood; Her hair a mess and in tangles. She cried softly and covered her face with her wounded hands, pulling her knees to her chest.

Catching a familiar scent, she picked her head up and looked around. On her right, an empty cell....on her left, a sleeping naked man with his back to her. Instantly recognizing his intricate tattoos and olive skin, she knew it was Quinn. Was he really sleeping or was he dead? Focusing her eyes on his chest to see it rise and fall, she knew he was alive. Her voice came out raspy and shaky as she tried to wake him up.

"Qu-QUINN! Wake up!!"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Relocation Empty Re: Relocation

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Quinn heard her voice, but barely had the strength to turn over. How long since he had eaten? How long since his last elixir? Was he imagining her voice? He forced himself to Roll toward the voice and saw her. Very much worse for the wear, but it was really her...

"Jess......Jessica..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Hearing his weakened voice she ignored the obvious and rushed towards the bars, reaching for him and feeling the searing of her skin. She pulled back instantly and screamed out as her flesh burned and smoked. Tears were streaking her face as she looked down and sobbed, barely whispering her question.

"We're gonna die, aren't we?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Quinn smelled her skin burning from the bars but he felt...nothing. He was glad she was in sight now but his emotions were locked away. He reached to the side of the cage, using the bars to assist him and stood, kicking the chains away from him and facing her.

"Not if I can help it, Jessica..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 pm

His words were cold as ice with no emotion whatsoever. It was like talking to Pam, you couldn't tell if he was sad, mad, happy, determined. Nothing...just blank. He seemed almost glamoured, robotic. This was not the Quinn she remembered. She looked up and shook her head sadly.

"What have they done to you?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:11 pm

"What have they done to you?"

Quinn looked at her, then at his chains. He picked them up and threw them out of the cell...

"They freed me of my chains..."

He looked back to her...

"I have been free of the elixir for close to a week. Where I thought it would give me weakness, it has instead given me clarity. My pain is my power. I now see my path, and my purpose. It was by my edict that you were brought to me. Once I complete my task, we will be free to leave, and with more money and power than we could need."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

The way his words sounded were cold and detached of all emotion. It didn't make sense and she couldn't put her finger on it but he wasn't the same. Another tear fell from her cheek as she realized she might have lost him for good. Shaking her head in confusion, she leaned her back against the wall for support since she felt weak and looked over at him.

"What task? And why do you sound so...devoid of emotion? What path and purpose? Quinn, you aren't making sense to me."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 pm

"What task? And why do you sound so...devoid of emotion? What path and purpose? Quinn, you aren't making sense to me."

"Just a job, Jessica. My emotions were getting in my way, so I got rid of them...locked them away. I need to focus to complete my task. My purpose has been clear since I was young, I just forgot myself...now I am found once again..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm

"This isn't you Quinn, this isn't the man who asked me to marry him."

She shook her head and looked down at her lap, her hands fully healed but her emotional damage still there. What had Victor done to him? He had a task, a purpose...but wouldn't say what.

"What is this purpose you speak of?" She asked before turning her head to look at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 pm

"What is this purpose you speak of?"

He looked to her with cold eyes and spoke softly.

"I am a killer, Jessica. I have been for a long time, and I am exceedingly good at it. I tried to fight my nature and all it did was cause those around me pain. So be it. I will embrace my nature and fulfil my purpose. It has always been a very good living."

He turned and stared at the door as if waiting for someone to come...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

His words actually scared her. Fear enveloped her and she slowly moved farther away from the bars where he stood, looking up at him fearful. So this was it, this was Victor's plan. He was going to kill her, instead of dying at Victor's hand...she'd die at the hands of the man she loved. Before she knew it another wall had stopped her from moving back and she winced at the pain.

"I see...who--who are you to kill?"

She was terrified of his answer.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm

"I see...who--who are you to kill?"

He laughed at the tremor in her voice...

"No, Jessica...no matter the fee, he was not stupid enough to ask me to kill you. In fact, your being brought to me was a stipulation of my contract."

He looked to her, his eyes softening for a moment.

"I can, at least, keep you from further harm..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:38 pm

The reassurance that she was safe from him was comforting, but her body still tensed as he said harm. Closing her eyes tightly she felt like she was again lying on the table as Victor violated her in ways she never thought possible. With her knees tucked against her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs, she huddled in the corner with closed eyes, trying to get those images from her mind. His laugh haunted her mind, replaying over and over giving her chills.

"Harm....I--"

She couldn't speak. Resting her forehead against her knees she hid her tears from him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 pm

He could hear her crying, but more importantly was what he smelled...

Her scent was infiltrating him mind...unlocking doors...slipping through cracks in his carefully built walls as their love struggled against the darkness...He gripped the bars for strength as he spoke.

"I am the reason you are here, so all harm done to you was my fault. Every harm might as well have been done by my own hand. I caused this, and now I must fix it."

He felt a tear crawling down his cheek, but ignored it. He would not be weak again...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:51 pm

"It's not your fault." She said still holding her face down. When she finally looked up with blood running down her cheeks, she frowned and shrugged.

"He--He wanted to break me. He....he did. Quinn this isn't your fault! Stop blaming yourself. I don't know why we're here...but if we ever get out just know...I tried to be strong."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Quinn smiled, but there was no joy in it.

"That's just it, Jessica....I do know I am here..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:01 pm

"What do you mean you do know? Why are we here?"

She looked up at that moment and saw his face, wondering what he was keeping from her. There was something he wasn't saying, something he was going to do...probably something stupid.

"Quinn..."

Before he could answer her anymore, another guard came in and interrupted their conversation.

"I've been told to shut you two up. If you continue to talk, I'll put something in your little redhead toys mouth and make sure she doesn't talk..." He gave Jessica and wink before glaring at Quinn and walking back out. She closed her eyes and put her head back down, trying to send some kind of message to Bill as she focused hard on him. Could she summon him to her like he did? Or was that a maker thing only? Time would tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm